Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 10:17 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,261,407 times

Advertisements

We want to sell our mobile home. We have the title, and it's in a mobile home park where we rent the land. There is a person who is interested in buying it asap, although we can't really get out right away -- but she's interested. The price is cheap enough so far for her. But -- what do I do? We want to sell it to her, but how do we clinch the deal? We'll probably be ready to leave in about 6 weeks.

Last edited by Cindi Waters; 05-28-2021 at 10:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 10:48 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,908,150 times
You should talk to the park manager. There may be a procedure to follow since your buyer will be a new tenant to the park and might have to sign a new space rental agreement and get you relieved of yours.

Then it's just a matter of writing up an as is bill of sale. Two duplicates, you each sign both. You keep one in your permanent file. You sign over the title, keeping a copy of both completed sides and that should be that.

If your MH is titled and registered with the DMV you should also check there and see if there is any particular procedure to follow for the sale.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
You should talk to the park manager. There may be a procedure to follow since your buyer will be a new tenant to the park and might have to sign a new space rental agreement and get you relieved of yours.

Then it's just a matter of writing up an as is bill of sale. Two duplicates, you each sign both. You keep one in your permanent file. You sign over the title, keeping a copy of both completed sides and that should be that.

If your MH is titled and registered with the DMV you should also check there and see if there is any particular procedure to follow for the sale.
Yup, thanks! I think the MH park office is closed until Tuesday because of Memorial Day holiday but you helped straighten my mind out a little. Glad to see you, I know you were on another board and always gave good advice.
Yes, the MH is titled and registered with the DMV and I will also call Tuesday if I can, or go to their website. It's primarily the bill of sale and clearing it with the park that I'm concerned about. How to write up bill of sale.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:27 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,750,300 times
Either the park manager or the HOA will have a set of bylaws which will detail the steps in the transaction. The new owner will need to know if they need to apply and be approved before they can move in. Check with your local town hall to see if any real estate taxes are up to date or overdue. Utility companies also need to be notified.

Old 05-29-2021, 06:49 AM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
How to write up bill of sale.
Buyers names. Sellers names (exactly as they are on the title). Description (year, manufacturer, VIN). Sales Price. Sellers sign and date.

IANAL, but that’s how I’d do it.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Buyers names. Sellers names (exactly as they are on the title). Description (year, manufacturer, VIN). Sales Price. Sellers sign and date.

IANAL, but that’s how I’d do it.
Include "MH sold as is. No warranties or guaranties, express or implied."

Seller and buyer both sign.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Glad to see you, I know you were on another board and always gave good advice.

Thank you. My 15 minutes of fame.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:34 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Check with your local town hall to see if any real estate taxes are up to date or overdue.
Property taxes on a MH? Earlier I read at this forum that MHs are not considered real property. The resident doesn't own the land under the house either. How could r.e taxes be owed?

Old 05-29-2021, 08:44 AM

6,480 posts, read 10,353,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
Property taxes on a MH? Earlier I read at this forum that MHs are not considered real property. The resident doesn't own the land under the house either. How could r.e taxes be owed?
Property taxes in a MH park are paid by the owner of the community. The residents typically pay a monthly or annual fee to that owner uses to pay for their share of that fee from the homeowner. No different than living in a condo or HOA where the individual doesn't technically own the land where they live.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
You're right, but for some reason this area got around this. Weird, but that's the way it is. They gave us some reason I really didn't understand when we were told we had to pay taxes. (Oh well..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate