Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 01:37 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,615,402 times

Advertisements

Refuse to close until the work is done and inspected.
Real estate agent wants a paycheck asap, conflict of interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 01:48 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
My offer was only accepted on Sunday (Otc 3), and we did the house inspection on Monday, no big issues.
The closing data is expected to be Nov 15.
I'd be more concerned that she can't coordinate that repair with more than a month lead time.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:52 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I'd be more concerned that she can't coordinate that repair with more than a month lead time.
According to what I heard, the yard abuts conservation land, so they need to ask conservation people to inspect and approve. They are slow to respond.
This actually raises another question. Would the conservation land affect what I can do in my yard? The lot size is 0.71 acres, with quite a lot of trees in it (and I want to cut some of them).

Old 10-08-2021, 01:56 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,449,591 times
Quote:
According to what I heard, the yard abuts conservation land, so they need to ask conservation people to inspect and approve. They are slow to respond.
This actually raises another question. Would the conservation land affect what I can do in my yard? The lot size is 0.71 acres, with quite a lot of trees in it (and I want to cut some of them).
What does conservation land mean? The County Forest preserve? An uber protected wetland that has the last remaining population of the slug nosed salamander? Wetlands?

Old 10-08-2021, 03:01 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,422,708 times
Setting up an escrow fund is okay for smaller repairs, but even then it should only be used as a last resort. I would insist on delaying the closing until the septic system is completed to everyone's satisfaction and it has passed all local inspection requirements.

As for the "conservation land", you'll need to better define what that is. Generally, if your property is adjacent to conserved land it has no bearing upon what you can do on your property...provided, of course, that you don't do something that directly impacts the adjacent land.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:22 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Quote:
Do you mean "cut" as in "prune" or as in "cut down" and remove?

Be sure to check with the city/town/county to see if there is a tree ordinance that prohibits trees of a certain trunk size from being removed. You may be faced with fines and tree replacement if you do not get permission for tree removal, if that is what you seek.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:13 PM

9,166 posts, read 6,208,590 times
As I said before, I would walk. Conservation land may prevent what you can do on your land. I had a stream on my property that flowed from "wetlands". I couldn't change the stream (build up the sides or change the level) due to the impact it would have upstream.

You may not be able to remove trees due to impact on water table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate