Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times

Advertisements

You can open a free account here......

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

after you open your account (they have instructions but if you need help just ask I will be happy to help) then up in the right hand corner of the page in the search bar just put what kind of image you want and a lot will come up. You also can find a lot of free graphics on the internet if you don't find what you want on Photobucket. Have fun!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
I am glad you both enjoyed it! I think the astronauts are incredibly brave, you could never get me up there!
sykesfamily- have you signed the contract yet? I know you have agreed with the terms but I wasn't sure if you had the contract signed.
rothbear- sounds like you have been really busy and are really getting rid of a lot of things and making money while you are at it, that's great!
TC and GB all!
Yes we signed the contract. We are just waiting to seen when they will have there inspection. I have a feeling it will be some time this week so Im working on cleaning out my closet so they can get to the crawl space and cleaning underneath the sinks so they have ample room to look. If all goes well with inspection we will close on oct 28th...so just 6 weeks away.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
whoop dere it is whoop whoop!!yay sykes!!

YAYAY to all our under contract peeps!!!
I so excited for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to move too! I love moving...it is the best way know to mankind for cleaning house

Old 09-15-2008, 09:14 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Yes we signed the contract. We are just waiting to seen when they will have there inspection. I have a feeling it will be some time this week so Im working on cleaning out my closet so they can get to the crawl space and cleaning underneath the sinks so they have ample room to look. If all goes well with inspection we will close on oct 28th...so just 6 weeks away.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Hey all you offerholders...refresh memories if you will on where you are and where you hope to be going...if you don't mind???

they are moving to the east
and to the west
every where they're going
is surely best

write out a plan
arrange a moving van
pack another box
hey this really rocks!

some are sitting still in place
Git that frown off your face!
An offer will arrive
hey, that's no Jive

so boogie boogie all around
give ole joe a tap in the ground
catch some flying pixie dust
say your prayers, they are a must

Okey dokey recruits!! Keep them chins up and welcome mats clean!

Be ready for the inspectors...double check any odd little quirk you may have overlooked

sleep well!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
I have a showing tomorrow evening (technically today, on the east coast) from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. I'm trying not to get nervous or too hopeful.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:50 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
We are in metro Atlanta and I will be joining my husband in Huntsville, Alabama after 8 long months. Have lived in Huntsville before and it is a great town. Full of educated people with alot of things to do. Near NAshville and Birmingham and the mountains and lakes.Can't wait!!
Just praying all goes well with the closing and we will be off. I will keep the faith for everyone else who is waiting and hoping for a sale. I know your anxiety and suffering. It will happen. Keep the faith.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
I'm moving to Austin, Texas as soon as my house sells. No offers as of yet. Last night I had the news on and the media is announcing "Don't buy a house just yet...WAIT" Thanks CNN!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Niki I am sending "buy me" vibes to your house. Don't stress out today trying to make things perfect. It will be fine and take a deep breath.

Texanwannabe- Grrrr -shakes fist at CNN! Way to encourage sellers.

Judy-I am looking at graphics now. It can become addicting.

Personally, I think things will start to pick up again because people will want to be in a house before the holidays. Our buyers want to close before November 25. I told my husband they are already planning the holidays.

One of my favorite sayings is: " This to shall pass." We will all get off this rollercoaster ride of emotions soon. We will be saying a year from now sitting in our new places, yep we survived the ride! ( We couldn't do it alone, but we will survive!)

It seems many of us want to move to new states. I can't wait to be permanently in Ohio. My husband got a new job last January and in August I finally came up. I had to wait to finish my teaching contract. It has been hard being apart. He was raising our older boys and had the two year old with me. Our family will be an hour away in our new location which is a lot better than 12 hours away!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Well I don't know how all of you feel but I wish the media would just shut up! They love to feed on the frenzy they cause and call it a service, yea right. They need to put out the news and keep opinions to their selves...
I don't remember anytime in my life that people based their housing needs on the media. It was if you wanted to buy a house you bought it, there wasn't arguments on when or what time or even discussions on how low the prices would go. I suppose we need to thank modern technology for this.

Anyway I have recieved my second "inquiry" in months, suppose to hear something today. All of these inquiries for the past year have been from the internet and they are all people from out of state. So I guess no one local (fl) wants to buy here! But that is 2 lookers in 3 weeks, WOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate