Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM

99 posts, read 180,300 times

Advertisements

Stop for a while. Take a break for a few hours-- go see a movie, take a nap anything. Let yourself get recharged before you start packing again.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,338 times
Default Another showing today!

We have another showing today! We had two yesterday, and two on Sunday and this is our first week listed. I am encouraged that there seems to be a lot of interest in our home. I have decided to wait until the potential buyers show up before leaving with the dogs... yesterday I went to the park for almost two hours only to find out they didn't show... live and learn!

Dogmom, I really feel for you... you must be so "done" with all of this... you have had a long ordeal... best wishes to you...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:26 AM

336 posts, read 864,652 times
Anitajas

Good Luck on your showing. Will be praying for you. Feedback on my showing lastnight. Loved the home, but was to hard to find. WHAT!! first I have ever from a realtor. She actually called me 5 times because she was lost and couldn't read a map. If you could have only heard my realtor relaying it to me...but still on there short list. Still on everyones short list.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Default Just found this thread

Thanks Crazyma for starting this thread great Idea. First concert I saw was on LI and it was the Supremes. For you youngsters Diana Ross started in that group.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM

152 posts, read 432,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
We have another showing today! We had two yesterday, and two on Sunday and this is our first week listed. I am encouraged that there seems to be a lot of interest in our home. I have decided to wait until the potential buyers show up before leaving with the dogs... yesterday I went to the park for almost two hours only to find out they didn't show... live and learn!
Anitajas,
There were times where I thought we had "no shows." But sometimes the realtor would forget to put the card on the counter.

I started leaving my front door unlocked and could tell if it was locked that we had a showing.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM

152 posts, read 432,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
oh help me...i am so tired..all of a sudden i don't know if I can get this all packed up...guess I am just tired and dirty..used liquid gold on my furniture we are putting in storage this morning, spent a couple hours, the bedroom set is gone, mattress is gone, just a bunch of junk and dust bunnies all over the bedroom floor. Kind of overwhelmed I guess..

Just venting..hubby is worse off than me, he had shoulder surgery in april and is in pain. we always say we are going to hire movers...never do it. next time when we settle in for good, this is getting ridiculous!

later
Vent away to me girl. I'm here in PA doing the same thing, except I have a toddler that helps me too. LOL This is our 4th straight day of packing. '

Forget the margarita. I would love to sit down to a huge chocolate frosted cake!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM

657 posts, read 1,789,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post

Dogmom, I really feel for you... you must be so "done" with all of this... you have had a long ordeal... best wishes to you...
thats so great that your getting off to such a great start. hope it sells fast and you dont go on the emotional ride.... whats the feedback your getting?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 PM

657 posts, read 1,789,099 times
i just got back from a great afternoon with my two little girls.. we went to the park and then to a beautiful place with gardens and views and just walked around and took pics. it was just what i needed. to get the hell out of this house. thats whats been so hard. i am in the house so much with the kids, being summer and lack of childcare.. hope sept brings me a chance to work more. make some $$$$. but not sitting here is key.. i have to say, when i got home,,, first thing i did was go look at the answering machine for a message.. nothing! oh well. i had a beautiful day with the girls!
smiles and hugs
love ya all... star.( thats my name)

Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
okay, YOU asked for it
MARGARITAVILLE
Thanks Jimmy!

Put up the mem’ ries,
pack up the clutter,
All of those knickknacks covered with dust.
Cleaning my kitchen, and then the back den,
See that sign--
It’s beginnin' to fade.

Wasted away again in come on buy’er ville,
Searchin' for my packed shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's an agent to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Don't know the reason,
there is no pleasing.
With something to show, but no buyers to see.
But it's a real beauty,
A lived in cutie, why they don’t come,
I haven't a clue.

Some people claim that there's a agent to blame,
Now I think,-- hell it’s just not my fault.

I blew out my dust rag,
Picked some dog poop;
Lock my door , I had to leave for a while.
But there's booze for the blender,
If I can just find it,
Make me some concoction that helps me hang on.

Some people claim that there's an agent to blame,
But I know, it's nobody’s fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's an agent to blame, And I know it's somebody’s fault???

Last edited by crazyma; 08-07-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: who knows

Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,707 times
"I blew out my dust rag,
Picked some dog poop..."

Or in my case, cat poop. Eeeewwww....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate