Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 08:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Lorrie,they have a way of taking you completely by surprise..........and you think they never pay attention or listen
You are right but it took her many years to realize this. She will turn 42 in a month and she is an only child and was born when I was 21. By the age of 37 she had already graduated from HS. She was talking to her husband and said "when my mom was 42 she must have been so lonely "Right on my baby girl" .I was with my only child on her own but I had a great job that I loved and God being so wise new I was not meant to have more then one child since I was meant to enjoy working life also.
I was with her and her hubby when all of my grands were born. She was in hard labor and asked to hold my magic hand (a thing from her childhood) I asked how she was and she was crying and said she hoped that she would be as great of mom that I had been. I still tear up when I think about that and that was said 16 years ago. Every once in awhile she surprizes me.
BTW we do still know how to push each others buttons.lol

Last edited by lorriem; 08-22-2008 at 08:34 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
positive non house!
Went to the thrift shop and got 5 nice t shirts, a top, summer blouse, a new 6 pack of colored socks for winter, almost new Eddie Bauer jeans, new brown leather sandals, another pair of sandals, and 2 little books for sweet angel, for...... $21.30 YEE HAW
If it makes people happy to donate good loot, then that makes me happy to buy it
i squeak when i walk

You must teach me how to shop.crazyma

Old 08-22-2008, 08:48 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
OK.........I know this is OT, but I have to share with my friends here.

I have been at least on the "plump" side pretty much all my life. My high school and college days were my best times, but after I got married the uphill slide began and culminated when I had my daughter. I am on the anemic side, so my doc suggested high protein diet because I was brea$tfeeding her and of course all that peanut butter and meats didn't help at all. Basically it has been a nasty battle for the last 25 years topping at a number that I don't care to talk about.

The beginning of the year I decided that although I have a hard time exercising because of hip, knee and back arthritis, I was at least going to try and start eating healthier. As long as I didn't put on more weight that would be at least a good thing (menopause causes those nasty pounds to creep up as well). Imagine my surprise when I went to the doc's several months ago and discovered I had lost 15 pounds! Next visit was 2 more, next visit was several more, etc. etc. Today at my arthritis doc's I hit the 25 pound lost mark!!! And because it has been just an adjustment in the diet, I really haven't missed anything. I don't totally deprive myself because I would pig out on whatever I denied myself if I did, I just don't eat it as often and have taken as much fat and suger out of my diet as possible. I could probably lose it faster if I cut a lot of calories, but I know my willpower isn't that good.

Anyhow, while in Pittsburgh I decided I would treat myself to a new pair of slacks at Catherine's. After all I had a 25% off coupon and I needed a new pair of brown dress slacks. For those that don't know, Catherine's is a plus size store, a bit like Lane Bryant (whose clothes I HATE......what were they thinking putting junior size 5 styles on a plus size woman????), but higher class. I walk in and after measuring myself to see where I fall on their new sizing system, I chose the smallest size in the store and tried them on. THEY WERE 2" TOO BIG!!! WAAHOOO!!! I couldn't buy ANYthing because everything in the store was too big! I am so excited and pumped. I can't wait to go down to SC and be able to take walks and work out in the activity center. Hopefully at this rate my arthritis will bother me less and I can even do more.

Oh..........and I told my doc today about the spider bite and my reaction and said that was a typical serum sickness reaction. Basically I was allergic to the venom of whatever bit me and it typically settled in my joints. Although it is a bit better, he said it would take awhile for it to work itself out and there really isn't anything that can be done to make it go faster.
YAY ROTHBEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
sykesfamily,njsocks,shoegal,IBginnie,lawmom, and all of the rest of us boot camp sellers, here is some extra pixie dust for a good weekend

Crazyma - TYVM for your poems, they always brighten my day!

rothbear - That is so awesome you lost your weight and now say goodbye to the plus size stores! The most important thing is how much better you will feel and your health will be.

stoymonkey - what a great idea about us posting something positive in our lives! My positive thing is my foster child will soon be able to be back with his family. I will miss him terribly but since he I will be babysitting him part time I will still get to see him.

Have a great weekend everyone and lets hope we see a on all our front yards soon!

love the artwork Judy!! thanks and have a fabulous weekend!! I love the sold sign!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
See now I have not been getting email notifications again..I don't think. I have been off the puter most of the day..will check. I hate having to catch up with a whole day dang it

CrazyMa, I think you should write a book. Your poems and songs are the livin' end girl. Love them!

Rothbear, congrats on all that weight loss...wow I am so jealous. I gained 30 lb since 2005. That is just nasty to me, I was always able to keep the weight down and control it, all heck broke loose when we started moving around. I was reading your post as I was eating my SECOND piece of strawberry rhubarb pie for today. I beg the 5th!! We had the carpet installed today so we were stuck outside in our little fenced area, in the sun with the dogs and on two kitchen chairs. Our neighbor Patti came over with her grandson and had baked two pies and brought one for us. So when I could get back in the house this afternoon I grabbed a fork and dug in. We went out for pizza for dinner, had 2 beers, 2 pieces of pizza and a salad...then just finished off another piece of pie. Now, that is a BAD food day. It's stress that makes me eat.

Anyway, carpet looks really good, now the work begins moving furniture back in again and trying to get organized. We are just beat tonight.

Ok I am not going to eat more pie..but it was good...yum

Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
night night posse

the house lulls me to sleep in its own special way
its walls wrap around and gently hold me safe
doors stand sentry against the dark night
windows reflect the passage of stars and moon
wooden timbers support the bed never complaining
even the carpet whispers of comfort and peace
my eyes grow heavy, my body unwinds
and soon I breathe in harmony with the house

Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 PM

79 posts, read 144,500 times
Hi Everyone, we have finally arrived in Vancouver, Wa. YIPPY! It was a hell of a ride, so much went wrong but we are here now, safe and sound and my sister and her hubby are thrilled, and to top it off my hubby got that job he interviewed for several weeks ago. The beginning of the disaster was when the movers arrived Friday morning and the owner said he "just" lost his license BUT the men he brought would be willing to drive my things to Washington, I said are you freaking kidding me? I made the contract with YOU because YOU were going to stay with my stuff the entire time! My hubby wasn't home and he tried to tell me it was no big deal and I said it WAS a big deal and one of the movers said he didn't like me raising my voice and I said then get the hell out of my house!!!! So there we sat Friday morning with a house full of furniture not packed and we had to be out of the house at the crack of dawn on Sunday, UGH!!! Well, my wonderful sister flew her son down w/a friend and we rented a 26 ft Penske truck and I hired 2 professional packers and we did the entire 2200 sq ft house on Saturday. The boys drove the truck up, we followed on Sunday at 4 am and my sister in law drove our other car up on Monday. Everything did not fit so we had to make some tough decisions as to what to leave behind to donate because at this point it was too late to make other plans for a second truck and we were SO tired! So we left stuff, and some stuff got damaged on accident BUT all the important stuff made it and everything left to me by my parents arrived OK except the antique coat rack and even that can be fixed by the right people, so overall we are just happy we are here safe with most everything in tact Our daughter is visiting with us for a few days from Phoenix so we are having fun learning our way around town. My sister is so grateful we are here, and her hubby (with the ALZ) is thrilled I'm going to be "hanging" out with him during the day now
Just wanted to give you all a quick update, so much more to tell but would really rather forget it and concentrate on the positive and our new life in Vancouver. Will try to catch up on the notes later- Nighty-night.....................

Old 08-22-2008, 11:44 PM

336 posts, read 864,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie1 View Post
Hi Everyone, we have finally arrived in Vancouver, Wa. YIPPY! It was a hell of a ride, so much went wrong but we are here now, safe and sound and my sister and her hubby are thrilled, and to top it off my hubby got that job he interviewed for several weeks ago. The beginning of the disaster was when the movers arrived Friday morning and the owner said he "just" lost his license BUT the men he brought would be willing to drive my things to Washington, I said are you freaking kidding me? I made the contract with YOU because YOU were going to stay with my stuff the entire time! My hubby wasn't home and he tried to tell me it was no big deal and I said it WAS a big deal and one of the movers said he didn't like me raising my voice and I said then get the hell out of my house!!!! So there we sat Friday morning with a house full of furniture not packed and we had to be out of the house at the crack of dawn on Sunday, UGH!!! Well, my wonderful sister flew her son down w/a friend and we rented a 26 ft Penske truck and I hired 2 professional packers and we did the entire 2200 sq ft house on Saturday. The boys drove the truck up, we followed on Sunday at 4 am and my sister in law drove our other car up on Monday. Everything did not fit so we had to make some tough decisions as to what to leave behind to donate because at this point it was too late to make other plans for a second truck and we were SO tired! So we left stuff, and some stuff got damaged on accident BUT all the important stuff made it and everything left to me by my parents arrived OK except the antique coat rack and even that can be fixed by the right people, so overall we are just happy we are here safe with most everything in tact Our daughter is visiting with us for a few days from Phoenix so we are having fun learning our way around town. My sister is so grateful we are here, and her hubby (with the ALZ) is thrilled I'm going to be "hanging" out with him during the day now
Just wanted to give you all a quick update, so much more to tell but would really rather forget it and concentrate on the positive and our new life in Vancouver. Will try to catch up on the notes later- Nighty-night.....................
Welcome to the couve as we call it here. Looks like you got here just in time to enjoy our nice beautiful weather. It was Extremley hot last week and the beginning of this week stormed like it was late fall early winter, but now we have our beautiful summer back. I am just so happy that everything worked out for you and you are here safe and sound here in Vancouver. We all look forward to hearing all about your move.

Judy think you so much for the wish for our showings. Had good feed back but want to look at other homes but still again we are everyones top 3....so we will see. Well I am off to bed my puppy dogs hurt from standing all evening out at the luis palau festival in downtown portland. It was well worth it and I will be doing it again tomorrow evening as well to see my fave christian group mercy me sing. you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be checking back in on monday with feedback from my other showings this weekend and seeing how everyone else is doing with there showings as well...Lets bring those offers in the weekend guys!!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:50 PM

336 posts, read 864,490 times
I just went back and read few post back and just came across yours rothbear...Congrats to you. That is so exciting. I myself am trying to lose weight I had a hysterectomy back in oct of last year and gained some weight in which i thought I would lose afterwards but with hormones I gained. I have had such a tough time losing and I am at my heaviest ever in my life. I finally threw away all the bad stuff and put good healthy stuff in the pantry. As much as I LOVE funnel cakes I walked by the booth and just smelled them tonight at the festival, but did not get one. So I just wanted to say Congrats and just hearing your story was inspiration for me.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:25 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie1 View Post

Glad you made it safe and sound. The things that got damaged can be repaired, the important thing is you are at your new home to start a new chapter in your life! TC and GB!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate