Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times

Advertisements

Well I went through all 52 pages to get a head count of how many different people have been on this thread... 29 + moi !!
And here is a list of bootcamp attendees and visitors- Inquiring minds want to know!
Anita
dogmom
Gretchenb
HDL
hdzup3
hedwigger
Ibginnie
Judyp
lacey
lawmom
lorriem
michie
middleaged-mom
millie
moonlightcellist
niki
njsocks
Painter
pushkinswife
rothbear
scone
shoegal
silverfall
socal b.r.
Stoymonkey
sunnydee
sykesfamily
tambre
texaswannabe

Congratulations to all for making this a great thread...you ARE bootcamp! From California to Maine, From Texas to Michigan, and all points in between..boot camp's gotcha covered.

Okay all y'all that have been lurking around, come on and join in and say howdy! So we can say howdy and welcome to you!

Last edited by crazyma; 08-22-2008 at 10:38 AM..

Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Good morning to you all.

Well I did something crazy the other day. I went to my agent's office and revised the contract and now offer 10% commission, with a full price offer on my house. The only caveat is that that deal expires on Sept 30.
Of course I'm hoping that a hungry agent starts to really push my house. If that doesn't work I guess on Oct 1 I'll lower my asking price. Even if it comes to that I know that more agents have seen my house because of my "special."

St Joseph came in the mail today. I'm going to go and bury him now and say some more prayers.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 AM

IBginnie....gotta get creative! See what happens, might get an agent to get someone more motivated to at least throw out an offer. And the key is getting one you can work with....that 10% would motivate the wee outta me!!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Good morning to you all.

Well I did something crazy the other day. I went to my agent's office and revised the contract and now offer 10% commission, with a full price offer on my house. The only caveat is that that deal expires on Sept 30.
Of course I'm hoping that a hungry agent starts to really push my house. If that doesn't work I guess on Oct 1 I'll lower my asking price. Even if it comes to that I know that more agents have seen my house because of my "special."

St Joseph came in the mail today. I'm going to go and bury him now and say some more prayers.
Good luck, hope it brings you the one good offer your need!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,689 times
Hi, everyone.

We are signing the listing contract tomorrow for our rented house. We decided on $194,900, which would leave us even (except the money we put into the kitchen.) So, not tons of room to negotiate without having to pay a lot ourselves, but we'll see.

We have a realtor coming Monday to the house we live in to give advice on whether to rent it out or list or both.

It's all overwhelming.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM

Lawmom...just take a big breath! Just take it day by day, or heck, hour by hour if that helps

Will your tenants still be in the rented house...and is your realtor thinking of the marketing to be toward single family or maybe investors. If you are near a college that could be a good thing. Some parents are actually buying houses for the
child(ren) to live in and rent rooms out to fellow students...

now if you need to moan and groan, or need some cheering up, you know where to slip off to!! hint hint

There was a buyer without a house
And buying was his game-o.
b u y er
b u y er
b u y er
buying is his game-o

MOJO to ya! ````>>>********** kazamm wham kersploof >>>)))))))there ya go

Old 08-22-2008, 01:03 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
UPDATE:
Realtor calls us and told us absolutely no calls!! How sad!!
A woman in her office is having an open house on Sunday,.Maybe well have the neighbors visit the house LMAO!
I cannot take Little Stink,bug,gnat,rat,mosquito,no-seeum,bee,rodent HARBOR!! anymore!! lalalala.....

Hit it Crazyma! LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 08-22-2008, 01:06 PM

336 posts, read 864,561 times
IB I hope you get some hungery agents in at that percentage. When we first listed in april we went with 7% which is still high because our realtor advised it and basically told us realtors would be knocking down our door to get buyers in here. Well we sat for 3 weeks with no showings. The realtor who showed our home to 3 families now he is a hungry realtor he has 2 more families he wants to show our home too so we are going to go take the boys to see a movie and let them look at our home. So good luck to you and I hope you get someone in sooner than later to buy your home... Lets bring some offers in!! oh BTW we did put in our listing some incentives for the buyer which is to pay for closing costs and a gift card...but guess not good enough. * Pixie Dust* all and let some offers roll in this weekend.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:22 PM

we've go the selling house blues
da dum da dum
the selling house blues
da dum
don't nobody come
bop bop
and call on our phone
ring ring
they skittish and scared
oh oh ahhhhh
of gloom and doom
bup bup boom
where are they at?
da dum da dum
we lowered the price
ohhh woe
the selling house blues
bop bop
is getting me down
boo hoo boo hoo
gonna drink me some crown
fall down on the ground!
da dum da dum
please Lord sent them round!
oh the lbues, the blues
we getting fat, uh hummmm
eating cho- co -lat
ding ding
drowning those blues
ohhhhh woe
come on sweet buyers
oh oh yeah
put a smile on our face
sing it out now
come buy this palce
ring ring
the selling house blues

the selling house blues
da dum da dum
du dum da dum

Old 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
we've go the selling house blues
da dum da dum
the selling house blues
da dum
don't nobody come
bop bop
and call on our phone
ring ring
they skittish and scared
oh oh ahhhhh
of gloom and doom
bup bup boom
where are they at?
da dum da dum
we lowered the price
ohhh woe
the selling house blues
bop bop
is getting me down
boo hoo boo hoo
gonna drink me some crown
fall down on the ground!
da dum da dum
please Lord sent them round!
oh the lbues, the blues
we getting fat, uh hummmm
eating cho- co -lat
ding ding
drowning those blues
ohhhhh woe
come on sweet buyers
oh oh yeah
put a smile on our face
sing it out now
come buy this palce
ring ring
the selling house blues

the selling house blues
da dum da dum
du dum da dum

LMAO THANK YOU CRAZYMA!! love ya!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate