Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 10:59 AM

336 posts, read 864,561 times

Advertisements

Good morning all....well crazyma I unplugged the the micro and it is still making that sound. So I will just wait till hubby gets here and check it out. I Know we signed a paper with our realtor that if something were to fail that we would be covered that all we would have to pay is $50.00 for someone to come out and check it and fix or replace it. So we will see what happens. Raising, yes the micro is included because it one of those over the range micros so it is staying.

Well Anita, even though you are in contract doesn't it make you feel good that someone else is that interested in your home? So maybe they will make an offer too....so good luck with that showing.

To everyone else who has showings today....sending lots of good luck wishes and prayers for good showings and excellent feedback and offers on top of that...hmmm sounds almost like making a sundae...I hope that it is just as good as that too!!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Well kids we have 5 weeks left on our listing and then we'll try it on our own. No calls or showings lately but realtor report shows 11 on-line looks this week-go figure.

We change filters monthly.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:05 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Oh my... the termite guy just left... he found some damage and the tenting and repairs will add up to $4k!!!!

I am worried sick now that the regular inspector will find a ton of stuff wrong too! This is making my stomach hurt. I'm ready to burst into tears! This selling stuff is soooooo stressful!

Arrrggghhh!!! Thanks for letting me vent...

Here's hoping for offers and clean inspections for everyone!

Anita

Old 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
TENTING??? I would suggest someone else's estimates before jumping on that one. Pest guys are not qualified on repair work by the way, you need a license contractor for that. don't get to upset just yet. EX: I had my termite inspection done prior and although it was good the guy wrote 250. in repairs on the bottom 2x4 at the access door. I took a pressure treated 2x4 and replaced it for oh $1.25, and it had nothing to do with bugs.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
TENTING??? I would suggest someone else's estimates before jumping on that one. Pest guys are not qualified on repair work by the way, you need a license contractor for that. don't get to upset just yet. EX: I had my termite inspection done prior and although it was good the guy wrote 250. in repairs on the bottom 2x4 at the access door. I took a pressure treated 2x4 and replaced it for oh $1.25, and it had nothing to do with bugs.
Thanks, painter you are right. I hadn't spoken to our realtor yet before I posted, and he said that he could get the tenting cost down, and that he knows of a contractor that can do the repair work for much less. I feel a little better now, but this is sure a stressfull process! I'm going to take a break from all of my housework and go do something fun to get my mind off of all of this for awhile.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:06 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,584 times
Smile Blessings to everyone posting and reading this thread!

You're welcome Raising3boys !!! Ex-Navy huh? My niece recently married a man who enlisted earlier this year and is now in SC trying to adjust to Navy life, marriage and SC's weather (humidity / bugs) . I pray that you find the perfect home in Ohio for you and your family !

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Good morning everyone!

<snip snip... HDL-Thanks a bunch!

snip snip... ( We are ex-Navy so I have been there done that-but this time I am back in my home state!)
2 funny Raising3boys !!!! Maybe us peeps ought to start a business where we design 'subliminal' messages for homes for sale that say things like "Good times for ALL here ", "Buy this home for more than list ", "HEY YOU, come back here right now and make a GREAT offer or Crazyma will moon you "!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post

<snip snip...
If I saw a house in the subdivision that was lower, I personally would want to see it to compare to the others. I also would want the house to "speak" to me ( LOL) from the curb.

Now, that I am going to the other side ( buyer) that is something that has to happen when I drive by. It has to say .....come right in.

or

It has to have Crazyma mooning me from the door! ( I won't forget that house for sure and I would know some fun times will come from the house!)
Please don't confuse the ole peeps on CDF Brookdaleresident !!! I read your quoted post below the 1st quoted post here and thought you had buyers !!! LOL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
I did actually see a house that someone here mentioned a while back. I don't recall who; I don't think they post any longer. It wasn't right for us though.

Thanks HDL, but I'm no where near selling This is really wearing me out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
well. the people that made the offer just left for Portugal for 2 weeks......ugh!
You are very welcome Anita !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Thank you, HDL!

snip snip....
Anita

So sorry to hear that Anita . I wonder if it isn't just a 'jacked up' price due to the economy !! I wouldn't doubt it .

Quote:
Oh my... the termite guy just left... he found some damage and the tenting and repairs will add up to $4k!!!!

I am worried sick now that the regular inspector will find a ton of stuff wrong too! This is making my stomach hurt. I'm ready to burst into tears! This selling stuff is soooooo stressful!

Anita
Great advice Crazyma ! I'll look into that and hopefully my filter is easily found at the store and isn't custom like so many things in my home !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Thinking of one of our peeps new AC problemo got me to thinking...
I am going to offer all you folks with inspections (or not) a tip this morning. You probably do this but just in case....
make sure you have a clean filter at your unit or in your returns...where ever it (or they) are located. I have seen inspectors notate a dirty, clogged filter on an inspections report. And you might not want anyone thinking your system has been ignored
Keeping those things changed out regularly helps your system run a lot better!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:33 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Anita that seems way out of line. Get other estimates.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:40 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:

Anita
Anita you said some damage why would they have to tent the whole place. We almost bought a home here that had some termite damage to the garage. They got rid of the termites without tenting and the rest of the house was clean.

I still do not understand why people in termite prone areas do not have regular treatments. We always did and the price was minimal and you had peace of mind. Last year in FL we saw a swarm of termites coming our way and they landed a zillion of them on the screened in lani. I freaked because I was sure we would have a few that were hungrey for our wood frame home but nada. Had our service go over the whole house and they found nothing.
Please ask if you have to go to the extream of tenting the house it might not be needed.
We now have carpenter bees to contend with and even though our home is brick our decks are not. One treatment from our pest contrl guy did them in.
Good luck Anita it might not be as bad as you think it is. He did say some damage and to me that statement means no tenting.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:46 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Has anyone heard from TAMBRE?? Are you still there, girl?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:01 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
hey anita....in your state do you or the seller pay fo rthe termite inspection/letter? If it was the seller......either way I would get a 2nd opinion.

oops be back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate