Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
Yeah. and luckly my my view out. and from my out place is away from the landfill.
And normal wind direktion is from me towords the landfill. that combined with strickt enviroment rules i rearly notice any smell.

And by how the area looks. they can just fill this landfil to a point. when that is reach they have to move it. then they prob make a park or sumthing.
so its just for me to wait.

the area is close to a town. but same time it looks like middel of nowhere.
i have deers living neer my house. i hear birds and other animal life. my closest neigboor is 600 Meters away. so i can play my stereo when i want how i want. 30 min walk from me im in the city senter. with trains busses pubs everything.. great place... prob is that when the landfill moves. and price rises.. i prob wont sell... tho i might refinance my loan and geet a better deal..

Tj..
I live on 1.74 hectares and can also play music as I please or run around naked, whatever I want to do! I don't even have curtains on my windows because who's going to peek in? Only in my dining room for design reasons.
I have wild deer on my property too. I had three does and three fawns living here this past summer. I don't know where they've run off to this winter, but I also have wild rabbits (there was one rabbit that would splay out on its stomach, legs and forearms completely extended, on the cool grass in shadow in front of the house on hot summer days. He was so used to seeing me he didn't even move when I walked out the front door! it was more like.."oh, there's that human again...yawn". There are also opossums, hundreds of squirrels, birds of all kinds, including owls and birds of prey ( I watched a hawk attack and kill a squirrel last year. I was shocked), wild turkeys (watched a whole turkey family grow up this past summer) and also land turtles. I had a scary encounter on my deck one night with two opossums. They won. I nearly peed my pants. I give them wide berth now.
Here's a photo looking toward my back woods off the deck with a doe directly in the middle of the picture last summer:

There's no one near me and my house is far back from the road with again as much forest behind it. I have complete privacy which I love...but I also have lots of wild animals and birds and I love watching them too!

A squirrel taking a look at me looking at it after the ice storm when food was hard to find for them:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/sqirrelLarrysHouseJan20a.jpg (broken link) Believe me, I understand why you love living where you do and can appreciate the privacy you enjoy!

Last edited by MoMark; 02-07-2007 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,098,308 times
I regret buying a house 6 years ago with my then-fiance...things didn't work out, and we split up before the wedding. I gave all the money for the 3% down payment and charged a lot of stuff on my credit card for the house, and it took me 3-4 years to to pay it all off. He had a better income than I but terrible credit and no savings, which is why I used my savings for the down payment and put our purchases on my credit card, which had a much lower interest rate than his. It was just easier to make a clean break and walk away with the debt rather than pursue him to pay his share. Live and learn...I sure learned my lesson. Don't buy a house with someone you are in a romantic relationship with unless you are married, don't buy a house with someone unless financially they are on equal footing to you, and don't charge stuff that isn't urgently needed, wait and save up instead. Also I was stupid, I should have sold off the appliances and furniture I put on my credit card, before I moved out of our house! A very expensive lesson to learn.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I regret buying a house 6 years ago with my then-fiance...things didn't work out, and we split up before the wedding. I gave all the money for the 3% down payment and charged a lot of stuff on my credit card for the house, and it took me 3-4 years to to pay it all off. He had a better income than I but terrible credit and no savings, which is why I used my savings for the down payment and put our purchases on my credit card, which had a much lower interest rate than his. It was just easier to make a clean break and walk away with the debt rather than pursue him to pay his share. Live and learn...I sure learned my lesson. Don't buy a house with someone you are in a romantic relationship with unless you are married, don't buy a house with someone unless financially they are on equal footing to you, and don't charge stuff that isn't urgently needed, wait and save up instead. Also I was stupid, I should have sold off the appliances and furniture I put on my credit card, before I moved out of our house! A very expensive lesson to learn.
You weren't stupid. You acted in good faith. If anything, the kind of man he truly is shows in the fact that he didn't do the right thing and on his own calculate what his half of the debt was and make arrangements to pay you back.
In the long run, you lucked out and fortune was smiling on you that that butthead got chucked to the curb instead of legally locked to you!
You'll get what you want eventually. And, your advice is right on.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM

243 posts, read 704,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I understand why you love living where you do and can appreciate the privacy you enjoy!

Nice place u got there.

Mine is some smaler.. my land is barly larger than my house.. but its ok.. its "free" area here..so it feels larger.
Attached Thumbnails
Do any of you have regrets in real estate(not buying, selling, renting, etc)-back-jard.jpg  

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
MoMark...Love the pics, I too live out where I can see wildlife every day and I've run out nekked with only my muck boots on to feed the big critters . I would never move to a place where I couldn't enjoy the wildlife, the fields, and trees. Right now I live on 10 acres and across the "street" (translate that to dirt road) from 1200 acres in the National Historical Registry so it will never change

I know when I move I will still live in a semi-rural setting with the critters...the ones who own me and the ones who drop by for visits.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,817 times
Unhappy Talk About Inflation

After getting married we knew that we could get into a home with very little down using the GI Bill. But our salary at the time forced us to look farther out from the city so that we could afford the mortgage payments. We found a small place on a small lot in the community of Santa Susanna, California. It was only $16,400 but we decided not to buy because it was a 41 mile drive to work.
The communities of Santa Susanna and Simi eventually merged to form the city of Simi Valley, and that home sold last year for $549,000.
Of course, we would have outgrown that house years ago, but it is amazing to me how much buying power our dollars lose over time.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:31 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
I regret Buying when I did - 3 years ago.

I should of held off a little longer. Needless to say, we're selling, due to many factors.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:21 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,761 times
We are now "upside down" on our mortgage which is due to adjust this coming October; therefore, we will not be able to refinance unless we want to sink more $$$ into this place (not likely). At present, our place has lost several thousands of dollars in equity. That being said, I don't think I'd be upset at all about it IF it were in another place. If I had purchased this place in St. Petersburg - my favorite city in FL - and lost equity and would be unable to refinance, etc. and so on, I'd still not regret it. I don't have starter home mentality or anything like that so I wasn't looking to flip this place and get something bigger. I'd just like to go "home". If I could relocate this home to another location when I go, I'd be happy to. I love our little place. I just hate where it is.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:53 AM

889 posts, read 3,118,254 times
Not at all!!! Bought for $296k and 5 years later sold for $650k just in the knick of time and actaully could have made $50k more had we listed just 6 months earlier, but i am not complaining at at all!!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,995 times
No regrets at all buying any of our homes or properties. While I see people on here talking about profit here is mine. We bought a home in 2001 for $1,250,000 then sold it three and a half years later in 2004 for $2,750,000. Made a nice little profit of $1,500,000. As we speak now, our properties (Home) and 2 seperate (lake front lots) have doubled here since 2004. One we paid $800,000 "cash" for, now times that by 2. So no, we have no regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate