Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 04:03 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to be clear....my showing today was the first showing but I would not be surprised if they came for a second one. In fact, I would be thrilled! Since the woman only brought her mom and daughter with, I am asuming there is another person at home that would want to see my home as well. That is why I think I might get a second showing from this one.

Kristine

Old 09-24-2008, 04:07 PM

33 posts, read 48,808 times
Thank you painter. Hope to learn from all the pros here.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Hello everyone,

Welcome Joe! You have found a great group of people to share your selling/buying journey with.

Hammy - dust headed your way! My thougts are with you. My buyers spent about an 1/2 hour the first time they were here, so I'm thinking that is a good sign.

Raising - so glad to hear you got the contract! Wow, that limbo thing is not fun, is it?

As for us, we were given proof of funds today, showing that our buyer does indeed have the cash to purchase our home (!). I am amazed that someone has that much cash! Now we are waiting for next Monday for all contingencies to be signed off... did I mention that this week is going by very sllllooooowwwwllllyyyyy???

Have a great evening, everyone!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
JoeMerchant!!! You will get to know a lot of really great peeps here and we are here to help and offer support!

lol Judy! I LOVE that welcome sign!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Just wanted to be clear....my showing today was the first showing but I would not be surprised if they came for a second one. In fact, I would be thrilled! Since the woman only brought her mom and daughter with, I am asuming there is another person at home that would want to see my home as well. That is why I think I might get a second showing from this one.

Kristine

HAMMY-Congrats!! I am so jealous!!Good for you girl!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Hammy-I am so thrilled you are getting another showing. People usually don't waste time on second showings unless they are interested~! LOL@BABY steps... that baby step might lead to a HUGE leap turning into an offer. Good luck!

Crazyma- Love your words of wisdom! Keep em coming- you are so good.

Welcome Joe! You will find lots of support here!

This afternoon we found out that the buyers did FINALLY sign the contract! Now, on to the next step!
That is wonderful!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hello everyone,

Welcome Joe! You have found a great group of people to share your selling/buying journey with.

Hammy - dust headed your way! My thougts are with you. My buyers spent about an 1/2 hour the first time they were here, so I'm thinking that is a good sign.

Raising - so glad to hear you got the contract! Wow, that limbo thing is not fun, is it?

As for us, we were given proof of funds today, showing that our buyer does indeed have the cash to purchase our home (!). I am amazed that someone has that much cash! Now we are waiting for next Monday for all contingencies to be signed off... did I mention that this week is going by very sllllooooowwwwllllyyyyy???

I bet this week has been going slow but now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel !!!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hello everyone,

What a relief to know that they indeed have the money! And I bet your just so excited!!!!

Kristine

Old 09-24-2008, 05:48 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Anita, glad someone has some money...better spend it now before it disappears.
Is anyone else as antsy as I am with this gloomy financial economy? I feel like running to the bank and pulling out our money and bringing it home and hiding it. And I dont' even want to think about our 401k, stocks, ira's, and mutual finds...is there even anything left in those??!??
Oh gosh I really wish we hadn't been so hasty to buy here after the Miami crapola....should have bought something very small and more economical...okay...cheap. What are we gonna do. I feel like the sky is falling.
Yi yi yi that's why I am CRAZY ma

Old 09-24-2008, 05:56 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Oh Crazyma-we moved everything the other day-really last Monday to CD's. IRA's and all. Better 3.55% than a loss. Sleeping better.

No calls, no nothing in 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate