Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times

Advertisements

Lacey, I checked mine and it doesn't have that feature. Probably a good thing or I too would be checking it a couple of times aday! I look at the listing on the horse property site and it has 1300 hits and we have recieved 9 or 10 calls off of it and not 1 from the MLS. There to we are the least expensive listing, there is no rhyme or reason to this market.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hey girls..I should add this adventure to my house selling adventure, eh..my kids got here last night about 12:30..they are stirring next door so will take them to breakfast...future DIL wants to go shopping and buy a dress to wear to the wedding tomorrow.

Sister's future dil wants sis and I to go over to the wedding site early tomorrow and decorate...what the heck..i dont mind if it's putting the favors out or something, but I am not hanging balloons and streamers or crap like that. sorry..venting...i need to go home to get a vacation I guess..

heading out to eat...later gaters..

ps did any of you Carolina ladies have storm problems? I was watching the Weather Channel and nasty storms..batten down the hatches and be careful my friends...

Old 11-15-2008, 01:17 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Default The weather

Like Dogmom said, some tornados hit central North Carolina...everyone okay?
We have a tornado watch here in NY till 9:00pm. My mom in PA said she had really gully-washers earlier, and then lots of wind. Stay safe everyone.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:38 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lorrie! She is just adorable..oh my....she will do ok with the steps..in our last house we had a doggie door, but in the trailer, no doggie door..and they have to go down like 3 big steps to potty...Halo my doxie, he does just fine, he kind of jumps on both back legs, I dunno, it's funny but it works for him...

more pictures!

I am at the hotel, got here about 5. Got in a fight with an old fart in a gas station on the way over here, guess I cut him off to the gas tank. I never saw him but he hops out and starts yelling at me. I told him I didn't see him and was sorry..well my brother in law was gassing their car one lane over, oh dear..well Bruce jumped over and I can't tell you the conversation, suffice it to say the guy got in his car and went to another pump or something. Damn I was pissed...I swear I never saw the guy, and I had a crappy day anyway..as soon as I gassed up and drove out the driveway to get on the freeway, i thought of what i should have said:
WHATEVER MAJOR LOSER

it just added to my crappy day! Anyway I am at the hotel and getting ready to turn in..my sister made me a bloody mary and i just had a take out salad from applebees next door.

going to bed...later campers!

What a day you have had. Great sis you have making you a bloody Mary. Put the day out of your mind it can only get better.
Lorrie

Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
We have a tornado watch here in NY till 9:00pm. My mom in PA said she had really gully-washers earlier, and then lots of wind. Stay safe everyone.

We only had at times heavy rain and then a light drizzle. I saw the tornado warning on TV as an alert but it wasn't in our county. The worst storms from what I heard was way east of us about 3 hrs away thank God. We are going to maybe have snow about 20 min from here tonight and next week also. The low they say for next weds will be 25. My comfort factor is 80 so i will be having a three robe night next week talk about the layered look.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:54 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We only had at times heavy rain and then a light drizzle. I saw the tornado warning on TV as an alert but it wasn't in our county. The worst storms from what I heard was way east of us about 3 hrs away thank God. We are going to maybe have snow about 20 min from here tonight and next week also. The low they say for next weds will be 25. My comfort factor is 80 so i will be having a three robe night next week talk about the layered look.

Glad you're safe Lorrie.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:59 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Quote:
Did have any tornados here, but it sure rained a LOT yesterday and most of Thursday. This morning started out dreary and a bit wet, but right now it's sunny. But it has been really windy all day. I think they cold front is starting to come through. I had to go out today and clear the mud off our irrigation system heads. We had some extra cement installed (widened the driveway and enlarged the back patio) and in the back the heads were right against where they put the new part. Since the land dips there, they piled a bunch of dirt up against the edge of new cement and just about buried the heads. In fact, I can't even find 2 of them and since it's mud and not dirt I didn't really want to dig through it. Good old Carolina RED dirt!!

Daughter went to look at some more houses today and found a nice little Cape Cod. Can't remember if I mentioned it, but the company that owns her apartment building is turning it into condos and she doesn't want to buy her apartment. So she is a BUYER!! What's really funny is that realtor.com has old pix of the kitchen and the agency site has the new pix. They went in and really updated it. Painted the cabinets, replaced the stove hood, put in hardwood floors, replaced the hardware. Plus they updated the bathroom as well. And the pricepoint of this house is only $104,000. It's amazing what this market has forced everybody to do to sell. She looked at another cape cod that she liked, but the guy who bought it to fix up and flip it closed in the garage to a living space, so now there is no garage. Living in central NY, she really feels she wants a garage. She also looked at a house that she really loved the layout, but the kitchen is 2" off level!! The house has sunk and although her agent says she feels the house is done sinking, they built a deck last year and it has also sunk, so it's definately not done. She was sad, but did move on. I'm trying to keep her a "real" buyer and not an obnoxious one!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Glad you're safe Lorrie.
Thank you tambre. I just hate storms. When we lived in FL the first time in the 70's I was so happy to move and get away from those everyday thunderstorms. We lived in an almost storm free CA for 25 years and then back to FL. I thought NC would be better but last summer we had many thunderstorms and Tornados.I grew up in NY and I didn't like thunderstorms but I grew to fear them in FL. I have been thru earthquakes and still don't fear them as much as T storms.

Last edited by lorriem; 11-15-2008 at 03:19 PM..

Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Did have any tornados here, but it sure rained a LOT yesterday and most of Thursday. This morning started out dreary and a bit wet, but right now it's sunny. But it has been really windy all day. I think they cold front is starting to come through. I had to go out today and clear the mud off our irrigation system heads. We had some extra cement installed (widened the driveway and enlarged the back patio) and in the back the heads were right against where they put the new part. Since the land dips there, they piled a bunch of dirt up against the edge of new cement and just about buried the heads. In fact, I can't even find 2 of them and since it's mud and not dirt I didn't really want to dig through it. Good old Carolina RED dirt!!

Daughter went to look at some more houses today and found a nice little Cape Cod. Can't remember if I mentioned it, but the company that owns her apartment building is turning it into condos and she doesn't want to buy her apartment. So she is a BUYER!! What's really funny is that realtor.com has old pix of the kitchen and the agency site has the new pix. They went in and really updated it. Painted the cabinets, replaced the stove hood, put in hardwood floors, replaced the hardware. Plus they updated the bathroom as well. And the pricepoint of this house is only $104,000. It's amazing what this market has forced everybody to do to sell. She looked at another cape cod that she liked, but the guy who bought it to fix up and flip it closed in the garage to a living space, so now there is no garage. Living in central NY, she really feels she wants a garage. She also looked at a house that she really loved the layout, but the kitchen is 2" off level!! The house has sunk and although her agent says she feels the house is done sinking, they built a deck last year and it has also sunk, so it's definately not done. She was sad, but did move on. I'm trying to keep her a "real" buyer and not an obnoxious one!

Good luck to your daughter and she has a lot to choose from. I am glad that she passed on the 2nd house and can't believe the realtor said the house has stopped sinking. Clearly it hasn't. I also cannot believe that people redo their garage as a room. I don't think we would have ever bough a home without a garage.If I was to close in my garage it would only be because I needed an extra bedroom but that is my opinion only and many people feel they have no need for a garage. My husband who loves his cars would need a garage and they should be tucked into the garage at night.lol

Old 11-15-2008, 05:43 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Just a quick stop in as we are on our way over to the mobile home. It is so hot here today, in the 90'S and up toward L.A. the poor place is burning up. So many people lost their homes, it is sad. Please keep them in your prayers!

Tambre the commercial market is so bad that in this town things have pretty much come to a halt. There are several projects going on in the city and they now are on hold. Others that were started are sitting here with nothing else being done with them till things improve. Not a good spot for us to be in! Our property could be anything commercial from a gas station to a professional building, etc.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. See you tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate