Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
They probably can track IP addresses and know if multiple names are coming from the same computer...somehow. I don't know how they treat it if people in the same household have individual accts. Supposedly there are those on CD that get banned for naughtiness, but somehow they show back up under new names, so I have read.
I know the Bipolar forum queen's son was computer savvy and she had a way to do it and I know DD can look up IP's too and see who might be *stalking* on myspace, etc.
Computers are a strange new world,eh?

You know we COULD do a forum else where, there out there by the dozens If the she devil could create one, well It couldn't be that hard! but I like it here for now
Crazyma,

Too funny about the bipolar she-devil queen and the revolt! Also too funny about being "banned for naughtiness", roflmao. It is kinda creepy what can be done on computers regarding identity theft, or forming some kind of profile based on posts, that will be sold to god knows who for god knows what.

This is a great bunch of posters, and your thread has been a godsend.

Your new old friend LRV

Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Raising3boys what a nail biter those buyers were down to the last second!!!

We will keep our place listed and not take it off the market because if it isn't listed they can't see it to buy it and I am not taking any chances of losing a sale.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
They probably can track IP addresses and know if multiple names are coming from the same computer...somehow. I don't know how they treat it if people in the same household have individual accts. Supposedly there are those on CD that get banned for naughtiness, but somehow they show back up under new names, so I have read.
I know the Bipolar forum queen's son was computer savvy and she had a way to do it and I know DD can look up IP's too and see who might be *stalking* on myspace, etc.
Computers are a strange new world,eh?

You know we COULD do a forum else where, there out there by the dozens If the she devil could create one, well It couldn't be that hard! but I like it here for now
I would like to stay here also. If we went elsewhere we would have all of our friends but no one else that we might be able to help. No reason at some point we couldn't start a seperate forum but that is so hard to set up.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy p. View Post
raising3boys what a nail biter those buyers were down to the last second!!!

We will keep our place listed and not take it off the market because if it isn't listed they can't see it to buy it and i am not taking any chances of losing a sale.

show off. Lol Bigger is better right?

Old 11-20-2008, 02:35 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Texas Girl I will MOVE when ever just to get where I want to go! No small kids or family to worry about so I will move Christmas eve if I have to!
But I will have to move in 1-3 feet of snow! I live in the snow belt!

Quote:
Supposedly there are those on CD that get banned for naughtiness, but somehow they show back up under new names, so I have read.
This is true--I know of certain people getting banned here for their posts! There was one person on the Austin forums that was constantly antagonizing new people who wanted to move to Austin. Actually he bullied them! Come to find out, he himself, was a transplant to Austin! He came back after several bans with different screen names but would go right back to his old ways so they got rid of him for good!

I like this forum, only because it's easier for me to check other threads which I post under. I can just flip/flop back and forth.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
We're also afraid we'll lose a potential sale. But for us, it's more like refocusing, reassessing, and starting over in the spring/ late winter.
Besides, friends, if WE WERE to sell anytime soon, guess we're I'd be living til our house was built in early summer....
WITH MY IN-LAWS!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Oh Stoy, don't you go cussin' on this thread now, lol. I would rather rent a little bitty tiny tiny trailer with a hot house!
You know I am seriously hoping to build too now. IF and WHEN I sell I think I have it figured out. But it will be small, simple, practical & economical for just me and the 4 legged critters. This makes it easier, as long as there is working plumbing I will move in.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:27 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
We're also afraid we'll lose a potential sale. But for us, it's more like refocusing, reassessing, and starting over in the spring/ late winter.
Besides, friends, if WE WERE to sell anytime soon, guess we're I'd be living til our house was built in early summer....
WITH MY IN-LAWS!!!!!!
Well....In your case, I would take my house off the market!!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:54 PM

153 posts, read 312,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Anyone have any good websites, besides this, for finding out crime stats and school reports in cities? Of course I am not too worried about school since my boys are now adults, but...it does affect the value and resale..NOT THAT WE ARE GOING TO SELL AGAIN...
For crime stats try the website for your local police or sheriffs department. For Schools, I send my clients to Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

This is an interesting group. As a Realtor I like to hear the complaints of real people. Makes me better at my job. May you all be blessed with Buyers this holiday season!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
WAY off topic here, but do any of you by chance know about doll wigs??? Thinking of re -doing my late 60's Suzie Sunshine doll for Grandun. I think a *rat* fink cut her hair off Not overly impressed with new dolls, although I have DD's 2 American girls standing by...
if any of you know about Doll Wigs and a good source online, pray share it I am researching a source tonight....

Yeah it is funny how forums work...I got off to a rocky start on CD. So I decided I had better try to make myself more clear after that speed bump. I love to debate, but not with the likes of SOME on CD...but they aren't on Boot Camp

Stand BY Troops! Crazy Camp will make its grand entrance, sometime tonight!!!

HEY G-Cyn~~ WELCOME To the Camp! Glad to have you~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate