Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times

Advertisements

Hammy, I am just thrilled even IF it doesn't pan out. Just the fact that I have interest makes me hopeful at this point. I have had 2 contracts fall threw at the last minute and both were from out of state. Third times the charm right?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hobgoblin, you did the right thing to get the kids in school when it started, especially your high school senior, that's a tough enough move without coming in during the middle of the year...

Where in CA are you? We are native Californians, and Lorrie and hubby are too..

Old 10-03-2008, 10:57 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
NEWS FLASH Probably abit premature but...the little house lookers are at the bank and will look at it again in the a.m., very young couple and not putting alot of hope in getting a contract but you never know. Now for my personal place, the "big" house has someone interested too. They are from out of state so no personal look yet but they are emailing back and forth with my agent and this morning came back a third time asking on utilities, insurance ect and said they are very very interested that they loved the virtual tour and pictures. I told my agent that if they have to fly in to look and made a contract that at closing I would reimburse them for two plane tickets. SO send in the dust!!! So sad but this is the best lead in months. So badly I want snow for Christmas!!!

Oh painter I am so happy for you . The young couple you never know but our only offer was from a single mom who loved our home but our realtor had so many doubts about her getting a loan. After a few set backs she got her loan and we also had to drop the price a bit more but with her realtor saying she would for go the insentive we offered and our realtor said she would take $500 less in her commision so you never no.
Sending buckets of dust.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:01 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hammy, I am just thrilled even IF it doesn't pan out. Just the fact that I have interest makes me hopeful at this point. I have had 2 contracts fall threw at the last minute and both were from out of state. Third times the charm right?

Exactly. Especially in this mess we are going through this week. To have interest is amazing!

I had to laugh. My realtor just called me to tell me that she is still in contact with the buyers agent and they STILL have not done anything or made up their mind. I was talking to her saying how rude it is to keep people hanging or expecting them to be out so soon when they are the ones who drug it out. She told me that she just sold my brothers house yesterday and they have to move out on the 21st! What the heck are people thinking? This is a pretty big house that they have lived in for like 15 years! They are going to be BUSY!

Kristine

Old 10-03-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
In this day, ALL builders are negotiable on their prices. Around here, they are taking lots of money off homes and also giving incentives like 3 season porches and decks. So I would offer what you think it is worth. Your agent kind of sounds like she just wants you to pay a higher price so that her commission is higher. I have not seen a builder in a year that is not willing to bargain on the houses that are already built. They need to unload them.

Kristine
Kristine is right. We are looking at a new townhome in FL to stay a few times a year since we go there so many times. This town home development I saw being built just before we sold our home to move to NC and the two master bedroom with their own baths 1600 sq ft was first being sold for $169,000. When we looked at them they had dropped to $119,000. We have also just been e mailed from the rep that for the $119,000 we would get the choice of a prime location, choose our upgrades in the kitchen and both bathrooms plus upgraded tile. These builders are hungry and need buyers that can get mortgages. I wouldn't offer full price and if I was you I would ask for the upgrades you want. You are in the drivers seat and all they can say is no. They need to fill all their completed homes. Your offer and good credit would fill one of them.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Woohoo Painter...good tossout on plane ticket reimbursment with contract And maybe the young couple will have a new *home*

Ahh hobgoblin...that long distance house can be taxing I'm sure, and it will be a load off your mind!

Lorrie, you can definitely get some deals in Fl. now..driver's seat BEEP BEEP

Feels funny to cheer both sides!! but hey, the goal is to git'er done whether buying or selling!!!
and realistically speaking, everyone likes to get a bargain when buying BUT sellers have to decide what their bargain price will be and get it sold, pick themselves up and DUST off and move on to the next chapter......
tough tough business these days. BUT chin up troops.we do have so much to be thankful for...even *little* things like electricity, clean water, inside plumbng, etc. So much that many in the world don't have that we often take for granted

Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 PM

124 posts, read 470,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
You made the right move. If I could turn back time we would never have moved from Ca in 2004. Ca is Gods country and our home for over 25 years.
You said it! I left California 10 years ago and regretted it the whole time. It took years of subtle suggestions (or from my husband's point of view, years of incessant nagging) to get him to agree to move there. He grew up in MD, and it was a hard sell.

I'm originally for the L.A. area and now living in San Marcos (north county San Diego) and it's heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned.

Lorrie: Crazyma is right, there are some scorching hot deals in FL. It's a good time to be in the market down there. Good luck with getting yourself a great deal.

It will take us ages to be in a position to buy again, but the San Diego market tanked bad too, so we're hopeful when we're in a position to buy again we'll get a nice deal too.

Painter: Interest is good! Yay for interest! It does get your spirits up, doesn't it? Even if it doesn't work out, its good for the short term uplift.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Woohoo Painter...good tossout on plane ticket reimbursment with contract And maybe the young couple will have a new *home*

Ahh hobgoblin...that long distance house can be taxing I'm sure, and it will be a load off your mind!

Lorrie, you can definitely get some deals in Fl. now..driver's seat BEEP BEEP

Feels funny to cheer both sides!! but hey, the goal is to git'er done whether buying or selling!!!
and realistically speaking, everyone likes to get a bargain when buying BUT sellers have to decide what their bargain price will be and get it sold, pick themselves up and DUST off and move on to the next chapter......
tough tough business these days. BUT chin up troops.we do have so much to be thankful for...even *little* things like electricity, clean water, inside plumbng, etc. So much that many in the world don't have that we often take for granted

I love it Yes, we could get a great deal in FL but our buyer got a great deal when buying our FL home. We got a good deal buying our NC home but having the town house is so tempting in FL as a stopover when we need to go back down. We will look again in NOV since we have to stay a week for Gary's scans and he will also work at the FL office also.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Wow after a month with NO showings, our realtor just called to schedule from 4-5 today.

Pixie dust to us all!!!!!

Where's Judy?????

Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow after a month with NO showings, our realtor just called to schedule from 4-5 today.

Pixie dust to us all!!!!!

Where's Judy?????

Crossing everything for you!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate