Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,394 times

Advertisements

i had singed a contract with home builder in which the price protection was included later they change the specification and offered me to sign the new spec, which i agreed,
later in a month builder dropped the price by 35000, and they are not offering me price reduction as new spec did not had that protection gurentee, what are my option, should the builder by law was bound to disclose that price protection was being removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 11:37 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,204,468 times
I suppose you could always start a public campaign to let other consumers know how this builder played you. Not bad mouthing. Just presenting facts.

Maybe you could rent some space on a nearby billboard Or a Billboard across from their headquarters?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM

982 posts, read 3,486,137 times
I don't quite understand if you're asking if the builder should honor the price protection or if you're stating that the builder should honor the price protection. There is a lot in your contract with the builder that can't be covered on here. Your best bet is to contact a real estate attorney and ask him/her to review the contract and let you know what your options are. Try checking with a settlement company in your area to see if their attorney will help you. In my area, the attorneys are willing to help and don't charge an outrageous fee for 30 minutes or so of their time.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM

422 posts, read 1,365,972 times
Im a Sales Agent with a new homebuilder... I guess I need a little more detail from you.. Have you closed yet? Are you saying the specifications meaning standard features? Did you buy a spec or to be built?

Also, do not start a public campaign... ive seen that happen before and all it did was ruin the neighborhood for all the homeowners.. it wasnt a pretty sight.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:01 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superme007 View Post
i had singed a contract with home builder in which the price protection was included later they change the specification and offered me to sign the new spec, which i agreed,
later in a month builder dropped the price by 35000, and they are not offering me price reduction as new spec did not had that protection gurentee, what are my option, should the builder by law was bound to disclose that price protection was being removed
Assuming you were represented by your own Realtor, what role did your Realtor play in this transaction? I'm surprised your Realtor didn't inform you of the change in terms before you signed any addendum since that is one of their responsibilities. If you didn't have your own Realtor or real estate attorney then it was pretty much up to you to read and understand any substantive changes in terms. It's hard to respond to your specific question without knowing what was in the actual documents.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,089 times
I am in the same situation. In my case builder is not even responding.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
I have had a friend in the same situation and he had a realtor who didn't want to do anything....I told him to go back to the office and/or write a letter to the region manager which he did and he was awarded with a discount. I told him to write and say that either he got the same discount or he would walk away and leave his down payment which was way lower....Builders want to close and the buyers who will qualify aren't laying in front of their office any more as was the case years ago...you are in the better position if you didn't have a very large down payment amount and are willing to walk away.
In my friends case he could have signed another contract on another lot and pay less with even losing his down payment and still spending less money...

Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Default It's a duplicate post...

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-i-signed.html

I stand by my response...

//www.city-data.com/forum/7545937-post13.html

Old 02-21-2009, 06:27 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,387 times
My wife wants to build a house, but I'm reserved about it. Seems like all we hear are horror stories about builders trying to get more money every way they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate