Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Did these homes have fliers or could you have looked up that information online before you HAD to see that house right then and there only to see it does not fit what your looking for? So you see nothing wrong with making someone vacate their home immediately to show a house that does not even fit your clients needs?

Kristine
I'm not an agent, I was a buyer and seller.
I said that a few houses we drove by did not come up on the search, probably due to who they were listed with.

I was a very involved seller & buyer. I did a lot of my own research.
For that particular area, no I did not drive by because it was not local, I'm disabled and do not drive that far on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 09:39 AM

718 posts, read 2,079,455 times
Having moved 18x in 23 years with 4 small children and never being a "contingent" buyer....you have to live differently than if your house is not for sale. Once that sign goes up the kids know....no hands on the wall....flush the toilet every time.....eat at the table only...put your dishes in the dishwasher....the dog stays where he belongs, not on the beds. The market is over-saturated with homes for buyers to see and purchase. If you want to sell, get in the game...if not, remove your home and make it easier on everyone, including yourself.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:42 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
Having moved 18x in 23 years with 4 small children and never being a "contingent" buyer....you have to live differently than if your house is not for sale. Once that sign goes up the kids know....no hands on the wall....flush the toilet every time.....eat at the table only...put your dishes in the dishwasher....the dog stays where he belongs, not on the beds. The market is over-saturated with homes for buyers to see and purchase. If you want to sell, get in the game...if not, remove your home and make it easier on everyone, including yourself.
18x in 23 years...you should write a book about how to deal with moving with children. WOW!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry, if I were currently trying to sell my home in this buyers market I'd be ready for showings at the drop of a hat. Shoot, I'd be on the street corner on a Saturday morning flagging them over

Seriously, this is just one of those inconveniences a seller goes thru - pack some snacks and games in the car ahead of time to be prepared and when a realtor calls and says they want to show it - LEAVE - even if you only get 15 minutes notice. I think you are NUTS to say you have to have 24 hours notice. You have no idea the buyers you are turning off who are then going elsewhere.
You obviously do not have kids...

To the OP, I feel your pain. I'm going through the exact same thing. I work two jobs (about 70 hours a week, gotta love this economy) and my wife is a full-time student. We have a 14 month old daughter and my teenage brother lives with us. I work until 1 or 2 am on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm sick of getting 9pm Friday night calls to have the house ready at 10am Saturday morning. And yes, I do want to sell my house and am willing to make sacrifices. But I also treasure what little time I have with my family and need to maintain some sort of schedule for my daughter. The realtor, who has a baby as well, acts all indignant and put out when I explain my situation.

I am so frustrated that I'm about to pull the house off of the market.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:28 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostjayhawk View Post
You obviously do not have kids...

To the OP, I feel your pain. I'm going through the exact same thing. I work two jobs (about 70 hours a week, gotta love this economy) and my wife is a full-time student. We have a 14 month old daughter and my teenage brother lives with us. I work until 1 or 2 am on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm sick of getting 9pm Friday night calls to have the house ready at 10am Saturday morning. And yes, I do want to sell my house and am willing to make sacrifices. But I also treasure what little time I have with my family and need to maintain some sort of schedule for my daughter. The realtor, who has a baby as well, acts all indignant and put out when I explain my situation.

I am so frustrated that I'm about to pull the house off of the market.
OF COURSE I have kids - and I've sold homes in the past when said kids still needed naps and baths But that is beside the point...

The point is, THIS IS A BUYERS MARKET, IN A RECSSION, WHEN THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF BUYERS TO BEGIN WITH. If you want to sell your home, especially if you NEED to sell it, it's time to get real and accomadate those buyers who may want to see your home, regardless of how inconvenient it may be to do so. The kids will live if they miss a nap

Old 01-31-2009, 05:23 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The kids will live if they miss a nap
Kids yes...parents no...

Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
Okay, I'm impressed. If anyone here can speak to this with authority and experience, you're the one who can.

I defy anyone to whine "but it's HARD!" in the face of this, with a straight face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate