Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi Dogmom,

Thanks...I love your quote "heading home to SoCal"....so happy for you! It's hard having two places, and trying to keep track of where everything is. Think of all the fun your going to be having decorating your new home soon. Get out that pretty carpet and that beautiful china you have.

I have found some good bargains on sheet sets (we have a 20 inch deep King size mattress) at the Bonton, and also at Bed, Bath and Beyond. What exactly is a California King? Sateen sheets are so wonderful! How are you feeling with the shingles? Any better?

Stoy....any news on the second lookers?

Tambra a CA King is narrower and longer then an eastern King. I use to sell the CA king and that is all we had in CA. I have an Eastern King now. Looks so square.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Cool Hi Dogmom, here's a QUICK tip on Cal King Sheets

I can't find them here in my state either , but I say FLY to CA and go directly to ROSS, MARSHALL's or TJ MAXX and get a set from them. You can at least open the package slightly and feel their quality and see the color (not so easy to do buying online ) and I've found the pricing to be very fair and reasonable ! And seeing that they are CAL King Sheets , it appears that CA is the easiest place to actually procure them !!!

The other thing that you can do short term to save money and buy time is take 2 king flat sheets and use them until you find exactly what you're looking for to make your new master bedroom how you want it !!!

p.s.
In desparate times, I have also bought regular King Sheets that say they can fit a 17 or 18" mattress and they have been mostly useable for my needs !

HAPPY TRAVELS Dogmom and CONGRATS on the NEW HOME!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Welcome home texas

Remember we want to see pictures.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM

Default Barb

Barb try Penney's on line and order them. They will have the CA king sheets. You could send them to your Moms so they will be there when you get to your new home.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Texas, girlfriend you are BACK! Yay, I have missed you..cant wait to see the pics.

Cal King is longer and narrower, you are right..and yeah about the only place to find them is online or in CA, haha..my mom found some that are going on sale at Penneys on Friday, said she would go buy me a set and mattress pad. Now I dont know if he brought blankets and stuff..guess I should have her get a blanket too...I hate not being in control of this stuff..

Fell back asleep this morning and missed breakfast, yeah like that's gonna kill me haha. so i need to eat something since its really lunch time...

Be back in a bit..oh its HOT here 83 out but humidity is only 24%..I have the house closed up and blinds closed to try to keep it cooler in here...I have fans thank goodness...

Oh guess what, I found a couple new shingles sores this morning, not blisters yet, I thought i was done breaking out

Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx! I am so glad to see you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed ya sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Quote:
NJ--your home is beautiful
Quote:
I missed you and the others here too! Any offers on all those showings
thank you Tex!!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate it!!

NO offers unfortunately yet!!! ugh. I guess we were number 4 out of 4 lol.... No news is good news though right>>>???????????????
I keep praying to St. Theresa!!

How the heck was Austin?? Do tell!!

I think everyone should ALL POST A PIC OF THEMSELVES SOON!
We know what Crazyma...Dogmom and Lorrie look like!!!
I will dig one out LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may be in cognito though!

I have kicked ass on my workout.............yesterday I took a break from it....Went back today--did 3 mi. on treadmill on 9 percent incline!Burned alot of cals.....Elliptical tomorrow will kick my assszz....

Monday is my day with the procedure at the Gyno!! Woohoo!!! goodbye lining! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>

LORRIE- i love the kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Texas, girlfriend you are BACK! Yay, I have missed you..cant wait to see the pics.

Cal King is longer and narrower, you are right..and yeah about the only place to find them is online or in CA, haha..my mom found some that are going on sale at Penneys on Friday, said she would go buy me a set and mattress pad. Now I dont know if he brought blankets and stuff..guess I should have her get a blanket too...I hate not being in control of this stuff..

Fell back asleep this morning and missed breakfast, yeah like that's gonna kill me haha. so i need to eat something since its really lunch time...

Be back in a bit..oh its HOT here 83 out but humidity is only 24%..I have the house closed up and blinds closed to try to keep it cooler in here...I have fans thank goodness...

Oh guess what, I found a couple new shingles sores this morning, not blisters yet, I thought i was done breaking out
BARB! get better girlfriend..Don't forget when Tex moves to Austin we are high tailing it there!!!!!!!!!and whoever else of course. I fly anywhere for 25.00 one way lol =------------perks at least--since my hub works so much!!Tex,, I can get you a buddy pass and we can go "airmall" shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I hate bugs also but I hunt them down and then over spray a little like shooting someone 10 times. Glad you found the bug Barb. I hope today is a better day for you. If you go out just don't put your bra on. Wear an oversized shirt.
That's what I do too--overspray!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Howdy camper peeps and readers of the camp's sagas

How is everyone! It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood LOL
NOT HAHA...how many of you look around you and say I have too much stuff??!!! good grief where does it all come from!! I mean really. Does anyone else really care if the cake plate in display cabinet came from my old neighbor from 20 yrs ago and has been used twice?? WHY do I keep this STUFF???
I keep purging, every time I move or think I am gonna, but there is still stuff!!
YIKES- yes I am going thru stuff once again!

HEY ALL OF YOU FOLKS
!! I am pulling from memory, but there are quite a few MIA's.....that we woudl LOVE to hear from....like-
Chickrae
Golddust
Ellen Arlington
House happy
jodyrose
ibginnie
JudyP
Rothbear
roselvr
sykes
springbean
raising3boys
millie61
mawoods
shoegal
anitajas
janettvj
AND probably a LOT of others who only hiked into camp for a look around...
HEY to all of you!! drop in and let us know how you are there are a lot of you and I used to try to drop by your profiles and say hi, but geeze louise...it is hard to keep up sometime. I guess y'all know how quick camp rolls and it is easy to overlook some peeps sometimes
but HEY- just jump on in

okay back to PURGING ( gosh why have I saved this stretched out bathing suit?!?!?)
later
HUGS KEEP YOUR chins UP- sounds like the RE market is slowly picking up in quite a few areas
Purging feels wondeful when you start doing it. I need to purge some more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
No glitch, I only wish. It was the same mod from before and can't for the life of me remember who the other 'super' mod was that I could write. It seems like the threads were 'any' where a certain person didn't look good in their posts and I posted non nonconfrontational reply. And when I say nonconfrontational, I mean nonconfrontational. I'm not stupid, blonde but not stupid, but this same mod just did the same thing to another poster regarding this same 'unnamed person' - and her post wasn't bad to begin with and she got smacked. So, then can anyone tell me who this 'other' super mod is that I heard about?

Considering the one mod (who was supposed to be a 'super mod') never answered my question to begin with and I was a newbie and now just deletes my posts with no grounds or reason given . . . I'm like really confused
Yac and Markablue are the 2 supermods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I need to know how to post a picture because my DH sent me something that I think is HILARIOUS and I would like to share it.

I tried to copy and paste it but the picture does not show up.

Kristine
Do you have a photobucket account? If so, let me know and I will give you directions on how to do it from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Remember we want to see pictures.
OK--I will have to hunt for my camera USB cable so I can post them!! Thanks friend--missed ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

I missed you too! I hope those darn shingle lesions stop breaking out soon. I heard they are painful.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Yeah Tex is home with us!!!!!!!! Welcome back and can't wait for the stories!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:22 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
WELCOME back TEX!!! hope ya had fun...oh, yeah...the cowboys down there miss you already!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate