Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Please someone give me a rep point. It is now 666. I don't want that number.lol

Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Whew that numbers gone Lorrie.

I guess this is why they call it "practicing" medicine. Who knows our bodies better than we do? Certainly not the doctors.

I just told him that I hoped he had a good weekend because ours was the pitts.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Guess what? The doc gave him 2 more meds-antibiotics as he feels another abcess eruption is coming. White coat syndrome-I got it!!!!! Told him we should just move into an examing room and decorate.
Prayers to you both. Keep us posted.

On a brighter note....my brother is being released from the rehab unit on Tuesday. He was in high spirits when I saw him this week-end. He said he told his wife ..."I'm coming home and hell is coming with me!" She's an alcoholic and he said I don't care if she drinks but she needs to lay off it for awhile and cut back. I don't think she can cut back. Really a shame. He needs her to be focused on his rehab at home. He lives 1.5 hrs away from me-- I cannot be up there all the time.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:48 PM

Texas glad he's going home but wow what he's headed to-poor guy-but this could be a marriage wake-up call.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
OH gosh TEX...SIL sounds like s real winner....not! Is he going to be getting any PT once home?

Okay peeps thought I would post a few pics of my yard for your viewing pleasure LOL. They came out kind of light, it was too bright out there!!

Geesh 95 out, feels like 105 HOT ONE BABY
CRAZY Camp #4: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-house-002.jpgthis is the front looking from the corner, wildflowers coming up and that is the island I did in the foreground

CRAZY Camp #4: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-house-007.jpgthis is looking toward the patio

CRAZY Camp #4: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-house-005.jpgthis is the purple cone flowers outside the BR window

Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Hi Ladies,

Painter, maybe you could take out an ad in the NY Times, or an Equine magazine, they'd be down there quick. Your taxes have to be way better than the Northeast. Do you have any blue grass or ? in the pasture for the horses? Do you have a pool? How about something eye catching at the beginning of your listing like "Surf and Turf",...an equine dreamland, and only one hour from the beach. How about playing up the peanut farm angle?

Lacey, what made you buy your place in MN? If you could tap into the same reasoning, and find the plusses about where you live, maybe you could advertise (not local advertising) and attract a buyer. Did you mention fishing/boating? Maybe put a picture of someone holding a large trout or something, in one of the house pictures, and mention a nearby lake where it was caught. What city are you near? Is there a major industry in the area? If you know someone in a local medium sized to large business, could you ask them to post your listing on their employee website/lunch room bulletin board? Sorry that Mr. L is having a tough time again.

Just brainstorming. I'm sure that C21 and everyone could come up with some great strategies. Come on ladies, let's think Maybe we can come up with something.

Texas, so glad to hear that your brother is going home. Could you arrange for a visiting nurse/home rehab P/T to come in? Your SIL sounds like she is dealing with her own problems, and is almost incapable of helping your bro.

Dogmom, hope you are having a better afternoon. What kind of couch are you looking for?

Hi to everyone else.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Hi Tambre-thanks for the extra hints-we are right up the road from a huge lake and boat access, beaches. Fastest growing town/city in MN-has everything and 3M. Huge tourist area as lakes are in a "chain."

Crazy-great pix and house and landscaping.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Texas glad he's going home but wow what he's headed to-poor guy-but this could be a marriage wake-up call.
Lace...it's been a marriage wake up call for a LONG time now!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
OH gosh TEX...SIL sounds like s real winner....not! Is he going to be getting any PT once home?
Yes a real winner for sure. That is a good question--I forgot to ask him about home PT. I know he will have a visiting nurse coming to see him, but his wife has to learn how to change his dressing on his (L) hip, because he can't do that one by himself. His (L) knee he can do on his own.

Beautiful pics of your yard, Sara! I should take some of mine and post them.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi Ladies,

Texas, so glad to hear that your brother is going home. Could you arrange for a visiting nurse/home rehab P/T to come in? Your SIL sounds like she is dealing with her own problems, and is almost incapable of helping your bro.
Great brainstorming for Painter and Lacey!! You are right about her being almost incapable of helping my bro. I will have to check on the P/T. He will have a visiting nurse--I asked about that already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate