Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Will post more later, wanted to let you know that the seller accepted our offer so thats good. 40 day escrow, we could close earlier and I let the agent know that..then I get an email from the lender needing more stuff...here we go again..I don't know if I can handle this. For this reason, we have decided to not tell everyone we know we are under contract for this house...this house is 95,000 less than the other house, and less than the conditional approval is for, we were 'approved' for a 90,000 loan, looks like we might need 70,000 at most. keep your fingers crossed campers and pray hard this comes through...I know we are just burned from before, but still, it's stressful for us...we have NEVER had issues getting a mortgage ever before, so this kind of blows us away..but then we are retired, banks are tighter now..

We will need to set up inspections and still need the HOA docs and the seller disclosures...will get both of those before the 17 days we have to back out.

ate some raisin bran for dinner..my appetite kind of just fizzled..we got real excited when we heard our offer was accepted, then the reality hit us with the loan stuff...it will be ok, we are just a little gun shy here.

later
Thats GREAT!!! I am so happy for you. I will be praying that everything works like you hope!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey everyone,

That house is great, Dogmom! I really love the way the tile wraps into the living room in front of the fireplace, and the backyard is really lovely, with the privacy fence.

When I had my twins 23 year ago, I had a premonitition that I was having twins, and told my husband, and gyno what I thought. They both dismissed me, and the gyno said that it was just because it was my second pregnancy that I was bigger. My husband (and MIL) said I was being silly, but since I had a cyst of pregnancy, had to get an ultrasound at 6 weeks. Well, first the tech shows me, that indeed there are two babies! Then she calls my husband in and says "Here's one, and here's the other". He thought that I had put her up to it, and didn't believe her. Suddenly, he realized that she wasn't joking, and all the color drained out of his face, and he had to sit down. Of course, I thought it was hysterical...lol. Don't mess with women's intuition!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Tambre, You are so right, women know these things! When I went in for my u/s 21 yrs ago they said I was having a big boy so I left and went shopping for little girls stuff. My mom told me I was having a girl and she was NEVER wrong! When in delivery the dr said well here comes that big boy and then OOOOPPPPs what a pretty little girl. My mom was in my room with a cute little pink terry cloth outfit waiting to dress her granddaughter.
Your stories made me smile. When I had my U/S with Connor they told me that he was a girl. I started to cry because I wanted a little boy so bad. Then we had a shower with all pink stuff. A week later we went in and had a 3D u/s because we wanted to have one. The tech was like "ummmm what did the Dr say you were having?" We told him a girl and he said "that is not at all what I am seeing here" and we all just started laughing.

Kristine

Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Dogmom, I started getting a mag called Big style, small space by B & G. It helped with deco ideas which is a laugh because I have deco books out the yang yang. See I love a challenge and moving from 3000 to 1400 is a good one. What I did was keep the peices of funiture that were multi-purpose or could be switched room to room, then I decided on my color palette. I proceded to sort threw all the linens, curtains, table runners ect and kept only the good ones that would work with my colors and discarded the rest. Then did the same with everything else. I did buy new binders, albums ect to coordinate office as I sorted and took photos down and got rid of frames. Start you a project board with pictures to work off of, it helped me visualize what my goal was. OH what fun!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Painter, that's a good idea and as we get closer to closing I will do that...I have so much stuff, married 32 years, seems every house we moved to was bigger so not a problem. I am not going to keep my dining room table, my just married son has had it for a couple years, as we have our bar height table that we used in the most recent house..has 6 chairs, 2 of those can be used at the island in the kitchen, and 4 with the table. The hutch that matches my old set is here, used as storage..so basically any linens I have for that old table I can check with the son and wife, or get rid of...Lots of sheets, how many sets does one need anyway? Towels, will get some new for the guest bath, donate the old towels to the local shelter for the animals..they always need towels..dishes, I have 3 sets, my corelle, my blue willow (which I would love to use) and my fine china. Also have a set of old old china that was my grandmothers..I don't want it, maybe my sister will take some of the stuff I don't want.

In a house that small, every space has to do double duty I guess..but I think it will be very freeing to clean out..

Have been making copies of bank statements, financial statements etc..getting ready to fax to the lender this afternoon. What a nightmare...again...but we do have a good feeling about this one..

Ok, that all wore me out, over and out until later..

Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hi gang-It was freeing when we moved to get rid of stuff. Even tho the houses are similar in size I am more organized.

Decision made to keep listing going for a few more months. Wasn't sure with health issues that have reared their ugly heads this year but hate to miss the "good" season.

Get going Barb and give them more than they ask for. We always needed retirement accounts, investment accts., 3 mos bank statements, 2 years 1040's, etc., copies of checks where you pay your "land lease". Give them more than they need.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Thanks Jody and Brook, I know it will work out, this house is such a good deal, and looks barely lived in..its just under 1400 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, great room, nice nice kitchen, looks like lots of counter space and I love tile. Huge backyard, that is dirt right now, but will give dogpaw a project. the side yard is big enough for our quad trailer, just need to replace with a double gate and some rock or cement..also needs a back patio poured and covered, but we are in no hurry..by the time we get in it will be getting too hot there to do much except maybe sprinklers and some sod for the dogs..fall and next spring can do more. We will spend most of the summer here anyway..
here are a few pictures...
Attachment 40029

Attachment 40030

Attachment 40031

Attachment 40032

Attachment 40033

Attachment 40034

Barb Love the house. Looking at the back yard I would take the sliders off and put French Doors. Crossing toes (ouch) and fingers. For you.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning NJ, Stoy,Barb,Texas,and all.

I am "picture challenged" and have tried every which way but loose to get pix up.

In high 60's today-so funny out here when it hits 45 and above they're out in their shorts, flip-flops,etc.

Barb love the house and you shouldn't have a problem with financing-they are just anal these days.

Lacey I just got the hang of doing the pics but this putter does every thing so different. I wanted a mac but couldn't justify the price but I heard so many bad things about Vista that is in all computers now. Gary downloaded all my pics but I cannot do it the way I use to do it. So computer challanged.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Hi gang-It was freeing when we moved to get rid of stuff. Even tho the houses are similar in size I am more organized.

Decision made to keep listing going for a few more months. Wasn't sure with health issues that have reared their ugly heads this year but hate to miss the "good" season.

Get going Barb and give them more than they ask for. We always needed retirement accounts, investment accts., 3 mos bank statements, 2 years 1040's, etc., copies of checks where you pay your "land lease". Give them more than they need.

Barb Lacey is right. Even though we have used the same lender we send them more then they ask for since the always forget to ask for something else. More junk you pile on them the better your chances.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Lorrie I originated mortgages for many years and the more you brought in the faster your papers went thru. Think beyond them.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Lorrie I originated mortgages for many years and the more you brought in the faster your papers went thru. Think beyond them.

Yep that is what we did with PHH thought beyond them. They use to be called Cendent and they have the shortest form at closing. Everytime we went to close at a title Co they use to think they didn't get all the paperwork from PHH.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Just added some of my Easter pictures. I finally figured out how to do it with this computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate