Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 03:30 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
Barb, I know this might sound new ageish (is that a word?? LOL) but I had back problems to the point I was scheduled for surgery. They even did a bone biopsy b/c they thought it could be cancer. It wasn't. My BIL suggested I read this book called Healing Back Pain by Dr. Sarno. It's amazing. It is sort of biofeedback stuff, but it took me less than 2 hours to read the book, and I am not lying to you, I have not had ONE single back pain episode in 5 years. Not one. I highly recommend it. You have nothing to lose but 2 hours and a couple of bucks. You will not be sorry. I've recommended this countless times and everyone who's read it swears by it.

I have a Tempurpedic bed too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I couldn't be w/o it.

Good morning, ladies.

Off to the San Diego Zoo today w/out of town friends. Plumber never came yesterday, so he's on the schedule for 7:30 a.m. WHAT?? Oh, well, hope he shows. I have a second showing Monday night.

Have a good day, ladies.
We have a Tempurpedic also for hubby. We got so many beds before trying this one we could have gone in the mattress business. I have found it a bit to firm even though we got the pillow top one but i can sleep in any bed. Can't sleep on a recliner though or a sofa it has to be a bed.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Default A new computer

After what happened with Shelly and her computer we returned the new one and I got a Mac. Less prone to bugs. Hubby was on the phone when he downloaded AOL and non of my favorites showed up. They got it all worked out or I would be back to best buy hunting for a new computer.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Fancy...I think there are an awful lot of really unhappy folks out there, and the way they get their jollies is to try to make everyone else miserable..I have pretty much stopped reading most of those other threads...I get mad and then I get involved...then I get stressed...I would rather hang here i camp with my buddies anyway...I do check out the home decor threads, and a couple others now and then, but I just mostly hang here where it's friendly. Besides its like the bar Cheers....where everyone knows your name..lol
I totally agree with this!

BTW....love the pics of the new house!! How many bedrooms is it Barb?

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 04-18-2009 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
TAMBRE!!!
So cool to hear "fellow" twin stories!! OMG> Did you get all the crazy comments from people?when they were little? Ours were born in 2005 and omg, the comments from total strangers telling me oh, boy, girl? "You are ALL SET." 1 of each, you are done!" Gee, thanks for telling me LMAO!!This went on for 2 years lol.
Argh!! OR the ones who said, AFTER I TOLD THEM BOY AND GIRL-they would say, "Are they identical?"!!!!!!!!!! I actually had one redneck woman ask me if I was going to get my tubes tied after seeing I had twins in my stroller! That blew the hair off my head!!!!! Wow, I should have said, where were you when you conceived? LOL>>>ay ay ay!
I am quite blessed though!!My grandfather's sisters were twins and they lived til they were 92 and 96!!!!!and shared quite a twin bond.

TEX-!! where are you girl??? hope all is well!! thinking of you (*sister!*)!
AH Lace!! I hope you can figure out the pics soon!!!Hope Mr. L had a good day today!!!
What a bunch of idiots--are they identical?!?!? I guess someone wasn't paying attention in health class! So, I'm an aunt to twins, huh?!?!

I'm back!! My computer is still down though. I just went and bought an external hard drive so I am going to hook it up and get my data transferred and then clean the computer down to bare bones...I will see you in a few days! Don't miss me too much!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Hope all have a great weekend.....spoke to our Crazy Leader, she is fine, cant wait to be home on Mon..........
Glad to hear that Sara is doing fine. Cant wait until she is back--you are missed Sara!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Our realtor called today to relist...think we will this Thursday. My house is a gigantic pig sty, and thinking of cleaning it, shampooing the rugs, etc. is making me stall and play on the computer. Have progress notes due, and am stalling on them too. Seriously, the worst part of being on the market is the cleaning. And, it's shedding season, ugh.

Went horseback riding today with my two daughters. God must have been listening to my prayers, as this is the first time in about ten years that the three of us have done anything together. Those two have been mortal enemies for so long. I'm so grateful for this small miracle in my life. Hope this is not too personal and off topic.
Isn't that the truth!?! I hate the cleaning part! I am trying to develop some better house habits where the cleaning aspect is involved!!

That is so nice that your 2 daughters are finally talking. Sisters may get on your nerves but you can't live without them! I have 4 (I mean 5, I forgot to count NJsocks!!!) ...now 2 of them I don't speak to, but I have good reason! They were robbing my mom blind while she was in the nursing home and me and my older sister got an attorney. We ended up with shared POA for my mom in re: to medical and financial items. They are still mad at us! They are twins too by the way!! The one said "I'll get my own lawyer. WHere were you all these years when me and Kim were taking care of mom?" I said "I'll tell you where I wasn't--in her bank acct robbing her blind while her nursing home bill went unpaid!" The one threatened to take me to court....I said "I'll see you in court! Be prepared to explain to the judge why you think you are capable of handling mom's affairs when you yourself have claimed bankruptcy twice and tried to commit suicide twice!" She said "F U Shelly --hung up on me and didn't talk to her for over a year ...we finally spoke at Mom's funeral and then afterwards we stopped talking. That was over a year ago!

Nothing is too personal here--you are among friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
After what happened with Shelly and her computer we returned the new one and I got a Mac. Less prone to bugs. Hubby was on the phone when he downloaded AOL and non of my favorites showed up. They got it all worked out or I would be back to best buy hunting for a new computer.
Why are Mac's less prone to bugs? I still have yet to fix my computer. I am on here but once I fix my pc, I will change my password on here so hopefully this acct won't be compromized.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM

Because the mac has a different operating system that is less vunarable then windows. I don't really understand but I use to have macs all the time and was told this by many people.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Because the mac has a different operating system that is less vunarable then windows. I don't really understand but I use to have macs all the time and was told this by many people.
That's interesting. Thanks for that info! What anti-virus program do you use? I was using McAfee and I still got hit.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That's interesting. Thanks for that info! What anti-virus program do you use? I was using McAfee and I still got hit.

I was also using McAfee. We are looking now to see what to put in the mac.I Hate a lot of firewalls since when we used them it would block a lot of our things.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Morning everyone, Sure got quiet here. Looks like we maybe in for another round of storms. They are saying hail and high winds! It is just real quiet outside now with a ever so slight breeze so I am hoping to all get out they are wrong. Started working on the pool last night and so dont want to start over.......

Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Hey everyone,

Painter, hope the weather holds for you. Lorrie, congratulations on the new computer. Texas, my heart goes out to you with your sister relationship. Thank god you and your older sister were able to get POA and help your mother when she was unable to help herself. It sounds like your sister may not be very stable, and needs to overcome serious personal difficulties.

This whole cleaning thing is too much. Since the weather has been permitting, I've been out doing yard work, and now I'm covered in a rash from my hands to my elbows. I wear gloves, and long sleeves and wash when I come in, but still, am covered with it. Does anyone know of any home remedies to get rid of poison ivy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate