Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,076 times

Advertisements

Does anybody else feel this thread has disintegrated into some sort of rant-and-rave psychic hot line that has little grounding in fundamentals? And while we can all WAG with the best of them, what's the point? I could predict that the Big One will hit CA tomorrow, creating tens of thousands of feet of available ocean frontage that would sell for a song, but what would that prediction be worth? And why should anyone believe it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
LOL because they had a 5.6 in the bay area last night?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Does anybody else feel this thread has disintegrated into some sort of rant-and-rave psychic hot line that has little grounding in fundamentals? And while we can all WAG with the best of them, what's the point? I could predict that the Big One will hit CA tomorrow, creating tens of thousands of feet of available ocean frontage that would sell for a song, but what would that prediction be worth? And why should anyone believe it?

Bippity boppity boo. Two year till the housing slump is through. Four years till the recovery ensues. Bippity boppity boo.
by the way happy Halloween everybody.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPERIALBROWNS View Post
Our house has been on the market about 4 months. We have had showings however no bites. In that time we have taken advice from feedback and have made many improvements. New cabinets, tile in kitchen etc.

At this point we feel that we need to decrease the price of the house because there are other new homes equivilant to ours going for 10 - 20,000. more. Not much of a difference. We live in the northeast in a small town in Orange County, NY About 15 minutes outside of Middletown. Great Schools and a good community. We have already dropped our price about 15,000.
A couple of years ago we had two things going for our real estate prices. 9/11 pushed many people out of NYC to our area and the housing boom. Now people are still coming up however price of gasoline is up (this is a long commute to the outskirts of NYC about 1 hour and into manhattan about 2 hours)and the housing boom is over and houses are not selling that readily in our area.

We have a teenager that needs two more years to finish high school. We're wondering If we decide to stay the two years will the value of our home increase? And will it be easier to sell?
yes.
a lot. trust me when chicken licken runs out in the street and says the sky is fallin. rich folks start buying lots of houses.
been there done that.
a strong opinion but well intended.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM

56 posts, read 675,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigonadrol View Post
. The major issue is that banks alound couple who made at lease 50,000 a year to get a 225,000 loan.

The mortgage companies are part to blame because most of these people had no business getting a house of that price.
In what state? You are not talking about New York are you? I live in New York and will be buying in New Jersey and I'm going to need at least that much to get a condo. (forgot about buying a house unless crack dealers are on the corner). I make a little over 51,000 with raises every year, with no debt and no children and I will be getting that much. I cannot rent because no will take dogs in a place that would be considered decent.

Oh sure I could be buy a beautiful house in the mid-west for 125,000 but my salary would be cut in half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate