Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM

51 posts, read 87,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
I got these from a handy book that I like. I have used these questions (or variations of them) in every interview.

1. How many years have you been in the real estate business?
2. How many years have you been with this company?
3. How many residential real estate transactions did you complete in each of the past two years?
4. What was the dollar volume of your transactions in each of the past two years?
5. What percentage of your business is with home buyers? What percentage of your home-buyer business is with first-time buyers?
6. How old are your clients, on average? Do they have children?
7. What was the price range of the homes you helped people buy and sell last year?
8. What would you say was the average price of the homes you helped your clients buy and sell?
9. Are you an exclusive buyer broker? Do you ask home buyers to sign an exclusivity contract? Do you charge an up-front fee that is later applied to the commission?
10. What are the primary neighborhoods or communities in which you work?
11. How familiar are you with the schools, crime statistics, and demographics of the various neighborhoods? (Brokers are forbidden to "steer" you to one neighborhood or another for any reason. For the same reason, they may choose to tell you where to go to get information on crime or schools, but opt not to tell you themselves.)
12. What style of home do you most frequently work with?
13. How many home buyers or sellers do you work with at a given time? (You're trying to find out how much time you'll get from the agent.)
14. How frequently will I hear from you? How do I reach you? Can I e-mail you? Or phone you at home? Are you planning any extended vacations in the next six months?
15. Do you work with an assistant? Will I be working with the assistant or with you?

I like these. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post

As for finding a new agent, ask friends/relatives who they used the last time they bought or sold who they used and if they were happy with them.
This used to be effective. Now it's old market thinking. Your friend or relative may have last sold in 1985, 1995 or 2005.

Most sellers were THRILLED with their listing agents during the boom because their home sold fast and often times for more money than the owner's thought possible. Many agents took credit for market conditions and touted " I sell a house every 17 hours" and really believed they made it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate