Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
C21, did ya really have to?
Of course I did LMAO After last night got goats on the brain

Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Barb charges should be filed-he "broke" into your home and now did this. Tough love baby.

Did anyone catch the Town Hall meeting on Fox this morning in PA with Arlen Specter? The people, albeit for one, were very well informed, in control, polite and Spector danced around all 30 questions-saying he really didn't have to be there as he was on vacation. (Really don't those folks employ him?)

One gentleman was worked up and irrate and guess the only part being broadcast? Yep-the one out of hundreds.
OH--I missed it because I slept until 12 noon!!! I didn't go to bed until 4 am! Then I had to get ready and drive 1 hour to my friends house who does my hair....she cut/colored my hair,...then I had dinner with another friend and WHEW--finally home!!

Specter has got to GO!! He is a MORON!

I agree Lace--Barb should file charges--relative or no relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Lacey..........IMHO, Specter is a moronic A-H idiot!! He is holding another one here in Kittanning on Thursday, unfortunately we will be on our way to see our daughter in NY or I might be tempted to attend. The unfortunate thing about now being a SC resident is that I can no longer vote against him! And he is NOT on vacation. They are on one of their exhorbitantly numbered "breaks" to go back to their constituents to actually talk with us. Except he is too busy flip-flopping parties and drinking beer with the POTUS.
I agree Roth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Roth-I have a Specter story but I could NEVER put it public-I can't look at him without thinking of it.

He was/is arrogant and if the people in PA don't vote his decimated ass out this country is doomed.

A Vet really laid it on him.
I'm glad the Vet laid it on him--darn, I wish I wouldn't have missed that. Geez, now you got me wondering about the "story" you have!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Spector is an arsehole!! LMAO. Ugh. I was on the treadmill today at the gym and saw the poor veteran giving him a piece of his mind...Spector stood there with a "deer caught in the headlights" look.!. Unreal.

Well, yesterday came and went. No feedback from the second showing...so of course, I had to CALL the clueless wonder. This is a good one.
So I ask if she heard anything about fb from the 2nd showing/buyers.....she said, oh I am in the middle of a caravan tour --let me ask the agent....... (thanks J, for making me look desperate !! You clueless wonder!)...strike 1.........then she comes back giving me a "blow by blow" and says, oh, it's still on their list but they are looking about 1 mile from your place....(mind you these are in the 250 and LESS range). I said, oh, did they go to 30 more "second showings"?

So it gets better. I tell her I want the front pic changed.. She tells me she will have to come over to re-take then! I said, NO J. I will take it and EMAIL IT to you .....drumroll please...........
She proclaims " Well, maybe sometimes having NO pics STILL sells a house. I said, "what?"!!!!!!!!!! She then tells me --well Realtor,com won't accept pictures unless they are at an angle!" OMG. I told my husband and i thought he was going to have a heart attack lol.......... I said to her well the other house is under contract in 28 days across the street...maybe I should use their agent and laughed. All she did was laugh back. Minga da fatch,.WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF. Ok, I have had enough of her.

Had another showing --got call at 1245p--(from someone else in my agents office)and said, from 130p-330p...so away we left. At least the agent left a biz card this time.
Maybe setting it on fire would help. LOL... (now you know I am joking) LOL>
I would go to your reator's boss--everyone answers to someone!--I would tell him/her about this moronic realtor and tell them you want out NOW or you will hire an attorney to do a dissolution of contract or something to the sort. I think they would let you out rather than get into the lawyers...what do you think Joy or Jody? There has to be some way she can get out from under that stupid arse realtor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
As I said softball in my last post I just remembered that My #2 grandson's Babe Ruth team is going to Utah to play in World series representing the West Coast in the play off. They won the west Coast regionals last night. He is the pitcher and also plays third base. I think I got the regionals right.
We went to a good ole southeren Lawyer today but i cannot talk about it yet. We tried 3 lawyers and in this county everyone knows everyone so they all said it was a conflict of interest. This one gave us some good advice but if i am going to do his 2nd thing I could do I couldn't tell anyone. So my lips are sealed for now.

We also got to see one of his games Sunday on streaming video.
Good luck to your GS and his teammates!! Oh, I am so glad you contacted a lawyer! When I told my hairdresser tonight (she kennels her dogs all the time when she goes on vacation), she was horrified. She said they have to be held responsible. I understand you cannot talk about it for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
LADIES!!!!
I'm back!! Sorry for the LONG absence. I've been going out and having a ball. :-)
(That was after I got over my bronchitis!!) The house is at a standstill so I'm going to start looking again. Just wanted to say hello and give everyone a heads up I'm still around is just I'm going out more and enjoying the summertime. Hope everyone is doing GREAT

((GREETINGS TO EVERYONE!!))
gf, glad to hear you are out having a great time!! You sound so much more upbeat!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
My husband tells me when he was out mowing the grass before he saw the SUV drive by (the peops that have been looking from out of state-2nd showing people)so who knows. I won't hold my stinkin breath.
This sounds promising that they are doing "drive by's" !!

Barb, Welcome Home!! I know you don't want to affect your relationship with your cousin, but you HAVE to protect yours and Carls financial information. They HAVE your CC #'s!! You really should file a report and press charges. What is stopping them in the future from doing the same thing?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Default Looking for a new listing agent? Then look no more!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Default viewing is better from the mother ship

okay campers- oh boy! get ready to scan the sky for meteors! here is some info-

Perseids

if ya can't see them, just close your eyes and bang a empty plastic soda bottle on top of your head every couple of minutes for your own personal meteor shower in your head

A hammer on your toe works well also

carry on

Old 08-12-2009, 05:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OH--I missed it because I slept until 12 noon!!! I didn't go to bed until 4 am! Then I had to get ready and drive 1 hour to my friends house who does my hair....she cut/colored my hair,...then I had dinner with another friend and WHEW--finally home!!

Specter has got to GO!! He is a MORON!

I agree Lace--Barb should file charges--relative or no relative.

I agree Roth!

I'm glad the Vet laid it on him--darn, I wish I wouldn't have missed that. Geez, now you got me wondering about the "story" you have!!!

I would go to your reator's boss--everyone answers to someone!--I would tell him/her about this moronic realtor and tell them you want out NOW or you will hire an attorney to do a dissolution of contract or something to the sort. I think they would let you out rather than get into the lawyers...what do you think Joy or Jody? There has to be some way she can get out from under that stupid arse realtor.

Good luck to your GS and his teammates!! Oh, I am so glad you contacted a lawyer! When I told my hairdresser tonight (she kennels her dogs all the time when she goes on vacation), she was horrified. She said they have to be held responsible. I understand you cannot talk about it for now.

gf, glad to hear you are out having a great time!! You sound so much more upbeat!!

This sounds promising that they are doing "drive by's" !!

Barb, Welcome Home!! I know you don't want to affect your relationship with your cousin, but you HAVE to protect yours and Carls financial information. They HAVE your CC #'s!! You really should file a report and press charges. What is stopping them in the future from doing the same thing?
Shel, we are going to file a report with the sheriff this morning...it really bothers me that stuff was going on in MY house..ick. I need to check with the credit bureaus, my friend Artie said we could put a 90 day hold on our info and be notified if anyone tries to open an account or buy anything..so will do that today

I have to admit that for most of our lives we have been pretty trusting and it seems we just keep getting screwed..no more..

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
okay campers- oh boy! get ready to scan the sky for meteors! here is some info-

Perseids

if ya can't see them, just close your eyes and bang a empty plastic soda bottle on top of your head every couple of minutes for your own personal meteor shower in your head

A hammer on your toe works well also

carry on
I knew about the perseid showers, CrazyMa.but i had to go to bed early..and we have wonderful viewing here, no city lights..drats..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

Oh no you did'nt. LOL

Kristine

Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Shel, we are going to file a report with the sheriff this morning...it really bothers me that stuff was going on in MY house..ick. I need to check with the credit bureaus, my friend Artie said we could put a 90 day hold on our info and be notified if anyone tries to open an account or buy anything..so will do that today

I have to admit that for most of our lives we have been pretty trusting and it seems we just keep getting screwed..no more..
I'm glad to hear that you are filing a report Barb. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a nice person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I knew about the perseid showers, CrazyMa.but i had to go to bed early..and we have wonderful viewing here, no city lights..drats..
My friend down in Texas emailed me about these showers! Thanks C'ma for the link!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Oh no you did'nt. LOL

Kristine
Oh YES she did, Kristine!!! LMAO!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Barb......Ugh, relatives!! Can pick your friends but you sure can't pick those relatives! You definately need to press charges, no matter what. I can't wait to get back home to SC and get away from all 3 of my in-laws!!!

Shelley......Problem is that the stupid idiot keeps getting voted in!! He's much like Murtha. Shows up just before election time and throws some money around. Now they are so high up in the ranks that people assume they have some clout for their region. Yeah, he has clout all right, just doesn't give a rat's behind about those who put him in there (but it sure wasn't me for either of them!!)

Our agents came on Sunday. I told them that I didn't believe the "3 mile" excuse, there had to be something else. Guess the guy is with WalMart or something. In fact, the buyer's agent had already called them for their fax number because he was so sure they were going to put in an offer on ours. Typical crappy a$$ed luck of ours. They claim that they have never heard one comment against the house from either other realtors or potential buyers. One person said something about wondering if we would be willing to paint the house because it was a bit faded and when she said "probably" they were fine. It's now getting painted anyhow, should have been done a year ago. Supposedly they are going to still keep in touch with the other people in case the other house falls through. Also going to touch base with several others who might still be interested. One person decided to look in another area saying it, also, was closer to their work. Unfortunately, the road they would need to take is a 2 lane with 35-45 MPH speed limits on it. Going from our house is a 4-lane the whole way through. DH has driven both many times and told them they might want to tell the people to drive it a couple of days. Invariably it takes twice as long than from our house. Buyers just do not use their heads, I guess. We did drop the price very minimally just in order to be able to say it had been lowered and to get interest back up again. I can't wait to get back to SC away from all the hassle and stress of not only the house, but a bunch of other stuff as well.

Oh......Got a call from Esurance this morning telling me they are mailing the check out today to get my door fixed. So I called the body shop to get them to order the parts. We will either drop it off tomorrow afternoon or Monday evening depending on whether DH wants to take the van or truck up to our daughter's. But at least I will get it fixed before I go back. Might be delayed a day or 2, but that's OK. I will just leave the next day after I get it back. I can't tell you the number of times I had to call them, though. Pray that if any of you have to go through this that the person who hits your vehicle doesn't have one of those stupid "off brand" insurance companies!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate