Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Niki....once y'all sell your house, where are y'all moving to?
We'll stay in this area of NC. DH wants to get out of the county we're in (tax reasons). We're mainly interested in a few small towns in the counties west and southwest of here - Forsyth and north Davidson Counties.

Stoy,
Happy Birthday!

CrazyMa,
(((HUGS)))

Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hammy I used to love to take a mental health day at my last job in a call center. We acrued about one day a month and there was just nothing sweeter than calling in and planning what excuse I could come up with Ahh they treated us like dirt, so I felt justified and there was plenty of people to pick up the slack or we all took our turns having a very busy shift. They could transfer our traffic to another center if need be.

Had a mean tornado come through town and and a few touch downs, one significant. I saw the head honcho of the floor peering out the windows. We couldn't hear the sirens. They never bothered to give us nary a warning I guess if we were blown out of our seats it would have been chalked up to productive business practices at whatever cost.
It was a great day too. I am DEFINATELY nesting. I spent the entire day cleaning like a mad fool. Funny since I have been so tired the last few weeks that I could barely make it through dinner. Major energy bust yesterday and today.

What is it with these buildings not warning about tornadoes? Mine did that too just last week and I was SO MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Woo Hoo!! I was thinking you would have a big baby! How much did little Ham weigh at birth?
Sometimes we all need a mental health call off day--mine is approaching fast!
Connor was 9lbs 2oz when he was born. AND he was face up. NOT a fun birth at all. So I am no stranger to the big baby.

Although I am rethinking this inducing thing. A friend of ours went in Monday morning to be induced and that poor thing is STILL in labor and only dilated to a 5. Her water finally broke this morning so hopefully it will go fast for her now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
On for a minute, in Atl. now- (Dad wanted me to get my house/new carpet in & together(he is a sweetie) and wait until the docs had something ,to come....)
this may be too much info, but anyway-
cholangio carcinoma, mestastic, heptic faiilure, portal vein thromnbosis

not good, he is home this afternoon after mornign conference with docs, hospice coming in a.m.

THANK YOU all for your thoughts and prayers, I do so appreciate it, as does me Papasan...Thanks PAINTER for posting-hugs girl

not sure will be on here, ever get caught up,when will go home or what
Hugs- your c/ma
We are thinking about you Sara. Prayers for you and your family.

Kristine

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Sara,

((((Hugs))))

Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Kristine-our son was 9.3 and daughter 9.2. I was induced with our son 2 weeks before he was born-for 8 hrs!

Nesting means you're going soon!!!!

This weekend is not going above 60 deg and same most of next week.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
On for a minute, in Atl. now- (Dad wanted me to get my house/new carpet in & together(he is a sweetie) and wait until the docs had something ,to come....)
this may be too much info, but anyway-
cholangio carcinoma, mestastic, heptic faiilure, portal vein thromnbosis

not good, he is home this afternoon after mornign conference with docs, hospice coming in a.m.

THANK YOU all for your thoughts and prayers, I do so appreciate it, as does me Papasan...Thanks PAINTER for posting-hugs girl

not sure will be on here, ever get caught up,when will go home or what
Hugs- your c/ma
HUGS SARA. You are in my thoughts and prayers. It isn't easy. My mom died waiting for a liver transplant and was too "sick" to get one. Hang in there my friend. You are loved here.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Just what is my position then in the WTF organization? I had originally listed March 23rd, 2007, take away 7 months for the contracts and the squatters, heck that is to many days to count this friggin late in the day! Until now I hadn't ever realized how dang long it had been...now I need a drink! I quess I should just give the dang thing away huh? Honestly, I am starting to hate this place.
Painter, I am handing you the WTF baton! You deserve to be a CEO!
Seriously, it is so frustrating. I am second guessing myself with this house on everything....

Oh, this is a good one! The latest about the PA couple "ours being FIRST on their list" (yep, heard this one before).....now I guess the realtor called mine and said they have to get through some inspection issue with their buyers before deal is done and are hinting that they want an in-ground pool and can't seem to find one. I told my realtor to tell them we have plenty of room in our backyard for a pool. We will include a shovel as a gift at closing for them.

My daughter has a Barbie pool. Maybe I can include that?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Painter, I am handing you the WTF baton! You deserve to be a CEO!
Seriously, it is so frustrating. I am second guessing myself with this house on everything....

Oh, this is a good one! The latest about the PA couple "ours being FIRST on their list" (yep, heard this one before).....now I guess the realtor called mine and said they have to get through some inspection issue with their buyers before deal is done and are hinting that they want an in-ground pool and can't seem to find one. I told my realtor to tell them we have plenty of room in our backyard for a pool. We will include a shovel as a gift at closing for them.

My daughter has a Barbie pool. Maybe I can include that?

They don't actually think that your going to put in a pool for them, do they? That is INSANE!

Kristine

Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
They don't actually think that your going to put in a pool for them, do they? That is INSANE!

Kristine
I smell a "seller's concession" for a pool, don't you? Gotta love these people.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I smell a "seller's concession" for a pool, don't you? Gotta love these people.

Oh, I would tell them to suck rocks.....or something like that.

Asking someone to put in a pool is absolutely disgusting.

Kristine

Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Oh, I would tell them to suck rocks.....or something like that.

Asking someone to put in a pool is absolutely disgusting.

Kristine

They are coming in droves Kristine...alot of ballsy people out there. Unbelievable. You would think they want to do something "themselves" and make the house their "own"?

I think their shame glands have been removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate