Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm wired for sound again!!! I unplugged the speaker jack to the back of the tower (that modum) and then plugged it back in and wa la---SOUND, glorious sound!!!

Now to figure out what page your video is on!!
Praise God above - now I can actually go to sleep LOL was streaming while I was waiting until you had sound - probably only a couple of pages back 'cause hardly anyone was around this weekend. It's frickin' hysterical.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Praise God above - now I can actually go to sleep LOL was streaming while I was waiting until you had sound - probably only a couple of pages back 'cause hardly anyone was around this weekend. It's frickin' hysterical.
OMG--ALPO pie!!!! That is hilarious!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Well, our power went out about 7:30. I had just put a pan of brownies in the oven, and a few minutes later, poof! the whole neighborhood was dark, even my folks...DH texted our son to see if he could go online to see what had happened...all he could find was widespread outage, equipment failure...anyway lasted a couple hours so hopefully will stay on the rest of the night. still need the a/c at night, its still 85 outside...

Now to taste those brownies, I finished baking them when the power came on they are probably tougher than nails...but chocolate all the same!

Shelly, post some pics of watson and your camping trip. I have been voting for our little fella..sounds like you had fun...only 5 more days and we set sail, i have to say i am getting anxious to go now....we could use the down time after all this moving and landlord stress...

Tambre, sounds like you have excited buyers and that is most of the battle right there...you are sailing along...good luck at work tomorrow..

ok need to cut a brownie with a glass of cold milk, yum! later campers...

Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 AM

BARB: Thanks for voting for Watson. I didn't have to re-enter him. They automatically zero the vote count at the end of the week and the votes start all over for a new week. I didn't win last week. Some of the ones that are winning are not very cute IMO!

I will post some pics today of the camping trip--very upset with how that groomer SHAVED my puppy. I hope it grows back quickly.

I'm sure those brownies are delicious. Brownies are my favorite things to eat! I made peanut butter no bakes to take camping and I brought some back home with me. I love them too.

Tambre: You will be in Missouri before you know it!! Happy for ya girl!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Thanks for giving me suggestions! Didn't mean to interrup your sleep!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:18 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Quote:
BARB: Thanks for voting for Watson. I didn't have to re-enter him. They automatically zero the vote count at the end of the week and the votes start all over for a new week. I didn't win last week. Some of the ones that are winning are not very cute IMO!
Oh my gosh! I looked at the winner (Miss Ellie) and I hate to say it, but that's one ugly dog. lol

Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Morning all, After a very quiet weekend it is very noisy around my place. The farmers are all crankin' up the tractors here. They must of "tied" one on yesterday, they are getting a very late start.
Well it was also quiet on the selling front, no calls. I am already doubting my agent, yet again. She told me she was going to advertise in many places and now a month later and it isn't anywhere! I have come to the conclusion that there is not 1 agent in this county that deserves to be called a professional.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 AM

Shelly, I vote for our Watson each day....

Thank goodness fur grows back..I know my sister with her poodle and maltese mix has had some bad cuts on her dogs, it does grow back..it's like finding a new beautician for us..hit and miss...you will find the right one and Watson will survive a bad haircut I guess...he is cute no matter!

Wow its definitely fall in the air here, i woke up at 5:30 and it was 71 degrees out. That is almost COLD here girls....usually about 82 or so when I get up, doesnt cool off at night here. I know this is probably a fluke and it will warm up again, but it gives me hope that fall is coming and I will be opening windows and getting fresh air soon.

Think I am going to plug away in the office today, I can't stand walking in there, too much stuff...help....

Old 09-08-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well it was also quiet on the selling front, no calls. I am already doubting my agent, yet again. She told me she was going to advertise in many places and now a month later and it isn't anywhere! I have come to the conclusion that there is not 1 agent in this county that deserves to be called a professional.
Painter, NUTS. What is going on with some of these agents? do we all just pick the worst of the worst or what...when we sold in southern Utah I was not thrilled with ours either..promises made, promises broken. If you cant deliver, don't promise you can.

You WILL sell...there is a buyer out there for you...Hoping the fall brings that right buyer!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:12 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, our power went out about 7:30. I had just put a pan of brownies in the oven, and a few minutes later, poof! the whole neighborhood was dark, even my folks...DH texted our son to see if he could go online to see what had happened...all he could find was widespread outage, equipment failure...anyway lasted a couple hours so hopefully will stay on the rest of the night. still need the a/c at night, its still 85 outside...

Now to taste those brownies, I finished baking them when the power came on they are probably tougher than nails...but chocolate all the same!

Shelly, post some pics of watson and your camping trip. I have been voting for our little fella..sounds like you had fun...only 5 more days and we set sail, i have to say i am getting anxious to go now....we could use the down time after all this moving and landlord stress...

Tambre, sounds like you have excited buyers and that is most of the battle right there...you are sailing along...good luck at work tomorrow..

ok need to cut a brownie with a glass of cold milk, yum! later campers...
Ah yes, - power outages. I always look out my living room window down to town and where I can see one of the high end developments just to see if it's just us. I use kerosine lanterns and candles at night anyway 'cause don't like artificial light, so I always have light. I hate though when it goes out like at a critical part of a movie - like literally right before something is going to happen or when I actually cook. Sounds like you enjoyed those brownies even if harder than nails. Dunkin' them in milk softens them up and yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy. Now I want a brownie - maybe the Muffin Lady will come by the office today.

Quote:

Well I just voted for the boy (he's now at 8) - and on the ugly dogs getting votes, bet they're just having a lot of family/friends vote for them. Maybe they need confidence builders 'cause they ain't as cute as our litte Watson. Now that we know it just wipes out the previous weeks, we can keep voting - was thinking you'd have to repost so didn't vote after last week's ended. I'll make sure to vote every day. Maybe even make my people vote too LOL It's good to be the Jefa - sometimes.

I will post some pics today of the camping trip--very upset with how that groomer SHAVED my puppy. I hope it grows back quickly.

Girl, I know what you mean and yes, it will grow back quickly though maybe not as fast as you or poor Watson would like. One time with Sasha they cut/shaved her hair so short she was totally P'od and mom was none too happy either. That's why I always had pseudo take her to groomers and vets - then I was the 'good guy' LOL. She had long ole hair and at the start of summer we'd always have it cut but this one so-called 'groomer' must have been on crack or something 'cause the poor girl hardly had any hair left at all - except on her head and tail! She looked like she had just stepped out of the Lion King or something. Pseudo laughed at her and both of us were about to bite him.
Tambre, you packin'? I'll be you all are so excited! Green Acres here you come!

Stoy, how are you doin'? Still working on yard or did you say you had to go back to work today?

NJ aren't you back yet, girl? Knew Lacey was going to be gone for a bit, but thought you were coming back right after holiday. Hope you guys are having fun.

Sara, hope you're doing okay considering what you're going through now. We're all thinking about you.

Painter - you out mowing again or beating up the guys shootin' off guns? Glad you at least had some peace and quite over holiday. I still think you should get a long A@@ shotgun and when those boys start at it again, just go stomping towards them with it - use one of them to do some skeet shooting - with a catapault, well . . . . Reading of you talking about farmers starting up tractors takes me back to OK days - and yeah, if they're starting this late they must have tied one on last night. Sorry your agent is still lame - maybe use her as the skeet target?

Lorrie, how's little Willow doing? Did you and DH have a good holiday weekend?

Niki, yeah, isn't that one dog just a 'dog' LOL - do think she's getting votes because people feel sorry for her. Pity votes shouldn't count.

Hope the rest of the campers are doing good and think we're over 3000 posts now - at what point do they shut down a thread? Boy we sure do talk over here and the number of 'peeps' is over the top. Guess we're an interesting bunch of gals 'cause we have more views than any other thread. Maybe because people like that they never know what they'll read at the Camp LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate