Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ah, meant to say it was from the other 2 kids that used to live here! BUT mine are no angels. They got into permanent green marker here and Noah *(I think) drew on the wall. My hub had to repaint the whole wall. Needless to say they never wrote on the wall again after I was done with them!! LOL - you're my kind- of mama!

Tex- I will try magic eraser on the pencil.

Painter- that is so rude on your realtor's part. Wow. Ridiculous!

Dreary and shtty here today. I wanted to sleep all day,, Went to get my hair done.............. so I am stylin now LOL....

Off to watch house hunters girls............

C21 and Tex-- we were talking about people not excusing themselves...in stores.. I started a thread on it lol...
Hey I'll check out your thread! Watching one of my all time favorite movies that I haven't seen in years "Somewhere in Time". Can't believe it's on! Ah, the little things in life that make us happy!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 PM

OMG I'd forgotten how good that movie is. OK - that's my night. LOL was so psyched to see it though 'cause haven't seen it in at least 7 years. I know, I need to get a life as everyone else seems to be like doing things and I'm sitting here writing about an old movie.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Im checking in before I head to bed...what a day...our a/c is on the fritz...pisses me off..its running but not cycling on and off and not cooling very well....we are running around and trying to pack and its just friggin too warm in here for me..my cousin is here to watch the dogs and now we have to leave her with a problem with the house...Carl called the home warranty company today and they said the would have a local a/c repair call us within 48 hours...so she will be here and I left her with a check to pay them when they come out...thinking it might be freon needed...the compressor is running I think, cool air is coming out, but something is not working right..anyway its just stressed me out for some reason and I am heading to bed I think.

Will get something posted in the morning... I am going to miss you all this next week...
hugs~

Old 09-12-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Im checking in before I head to bed...what a day...our a/c is on the fritz...pisses me off..its running but not cycling on and off and not cooling very well....we are running around and trying to pack and its just friggin too warm in here for me..my cousin is here to watch the dogs and now we have to leave her with a problem with the house...Carl called the home warranty company today and they said the would have a local a/c repair call us within 48 hours...so she will be here and I left her with a check to pay them when they come out...thinking it might be freon needed...the compressor is running I think, cool air is coming out, but something is not working right..anyway its just stressed me out for some reason and I am heading to bed I think.

Will get something posted in the morning... I am going to miss you all this next week...
hugs~
Don't stress - it'll get fixed so just think about what a wonderful relaxing time you and Carl are going to have. Your Cuz can deal with this and it's not the most horrible problem to leave a relative with. I moved one time and my niece, along with friends, had to move all my furniture out and then clean my house so . . . in the grand scheme of things what's an a/c issue LOL. JUST ENJOY, RELAX, AND HAVE A LOT OF MARGS

Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Joy, you are ABSOLUTELY right..it will get fixed and my cousin will be fine...its not that hot and my folks are closeby if it gets too hot for her and the doglets..I am just a little stressed I guess...

Just had some wonderful sweet seedless watermelon and heading to bed...chat in the a.m.! love you!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all from overcast and humid NJ but loving it. Pretty busy with the grands,etc. They don't get much home cooking and their list is growing but g-ma is wearing down-LOL.

We took them to a wonderful Italian rest last night as DS and DD and spouses had their 20th HS re-union. Had a blast with fantastic food.

SIL has this huge 3 car garage and his hobby is restoring old cars and he wants to build another 3 car gar and suggested an apt. on top for us!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Morning all from another dreary part of the states.

Lacey, That is so nice of them to offer you an apartment, your cooking must be getting good results, lol. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself too. Tell them to just make it a ground floor apt. and you will take it!

Tex, Watched hunters too, and since I know everyone follows the trends pushed by the agents on those hgtv shows, it ticked me off. Here it was a couple with 3 kids relocating to GA, they walk into a 700k house and they let the kids take off on their own. Oh yes, now we know why people think their kids and pets can have the run of the house with out supervision!

At4 pm yesterday my agent texted me to say she would call me in awhile, nope she hasn't done it yet. I dont care if she is here for the open house or not, it will happen and she will be history! Cant pass up the traffic to show this place off, knowing most will just be looking but still.........

Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex- I will try magic eraser on the pencil.

Off to watch house hunters girls............

C21 and Tex-- we were talking about people not excusing themselves...in stores.. I started a thread on it lol...
Did the magic eraser work on the pencil marks?

I love watching House Hunters International. I love seeing different countries and the homes for sale there. Joy....you NEED to get on HHI!!

Where did you post the thread about stores and people not excusing themselves?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey I'll check out your thread! Watching one of my all time favorite movies that I haven't seen in years "Somewhere in Time". Can't believe it's on! Ah, the little things in life that make us happy!
I love that movie with Jane Seymore and Christopher Reeves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

hugs~
We will certainly miss you!! But you and Carl are going to have a great time and a much needed VACATION after all the stress y'all have been under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all from overcast and humid NJ but loving it. Pretty busy with the grands,etc. They don't get much home cooking and their list is growing but g-ma is wearing down-LOL.

We took them to a wonderful Italian rest last night as DS and DD and spouses had their 20th HS re-union. Had a blast with fantastic food.

SIL has this huge 3 car garage and his hobby is restoring old cars and he wants to build another 3 car gar and suggested an apt. on top for us!!!
That is great that your SIL suggested an apt for you and Mr.L! Now we all know you are not one of those MIL's from H!!! Crap, I'll buid you an apt over my garage in Texas if you'll cook for me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Tex, Watched hunters too, and since I know everyone follows the trends pushed by the agents on those hgtv shows, it ticked me off. Here it was a couple with 3 kids relocating to GA, they walk into a 700k house and they let the kids take off on their own. Oh yes, now we know why people think their kids and pets can have the run of the house with out supervision!

At4 pm yesterday my agent texted me to say she would call me in awhile, nope she hasn't done it yet. I dont care if she is here for the open house or not, it will happen and she will be history! Cant pass up the traffic to show this place off, knowing most will just be looking but still.........
So that's where people get the idea that is ok to let kids and pets have the run of someone elses home. And of course we all KNOW that once you put your home on the market, it is NO longer your home==what an idiot!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 AM

hey girls, on our way out..i am going to sign up for internet on the ship, but its pricey and sloooow....is there some way to download the thread to my desktop so I can read offline?

love you all...hugs~ what would I ever do without ANY of you??

Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Have a great cruise Barb! have a margarita (or 10) for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate