Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And tell your cousin 'sorry, you don't give a about your goddaughter? Fine - you're not her godmother anymore' I'm so P'od right now - I could just go hunt them all down Carol, can I borrow your chain saw? I'd make the Texas Chain saw Massacre look like Mary Poppins.[/b]

Ditto! Mia and Noah do not need them people in their lives. They are much too precious and cute to have arses for godparents!
JOY AND TEX:
OMG, Joy you are the bomb. How do you make me laugh when I was so sad LOL>> I didn't mean to work you up lol ..THey are supposed to be entrusted in THEIR care. Selfish like Tex says comes to mind.
Shel- You are right. I have to cut my losses. I tell myself I did not do anything...just told them about Scott's plane and crash and to think the fckers couldnt acknowledge us!. I noticed when we moved here to begin with they were saying how they would help watch the kids,etc...I think I had to ask several times for 2 events *1 our anniversary and Harry Connick concert)...and that was it! We used to talk at least every 1-2 weeks! and then that! I can see if there was a fight that ensued! but nada. Like we dropped off the face of the Earth!Scott and I laugh now that we could be dead on the floor and no one *family wise would know or care enough to do a wellness check LOL>>>>>>>> Unbelievable the selfishness of people. Wow, I do see their true colors. It just hurts when something like this happens for NO REASON! They lose their godparenting privilege. They are Christians? HA. I resent them 100 percent at this point. Disgusting to me that they don't want their godchildren in their lives...and for what? Because I CALLED them and had a CRISIS and no one returned my calls? It makes no sense but I have to stop rehashing it in my own mind. I am done!! You guys are an inspiration to me.
Thanks to ALL ( Barb, Goldie, Stoy Lacey, Painter) responding to me...I love you all!
Now I have to think about passports if I want to go n this cruise!

AND I know others here have family issues and my HEART GOES OUT TO YOU ALL. It does suck. You cannot pick your relatives........................................n o control whatsoever........

Painter- I am glad you got some sleep girl.

I repped you all except I couldnt to painter sHEL!!! AND GOLD..... still have to spread it around.

PS. I met a few people too and they were GREAT and still keep in touch with them!!
And like Tex said I really feel like a few of you I have known for eons....We just click!!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
thanks, JOY for your help!!!

Inspection is over!! so far we only know about a couple of little things. My DH talked with buyers and really liked them, said they were nice and really love the house. Just gotta wait for official report.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hooray for a good inspection..that is over now, Stoy..relax...

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Yeah Stoy!!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 PM

thanks. but i feel more nervous than ever. i think it's all sinking in.
think i'm gonna put some music on, have a glass of wine, and pack a bit.
tried to rep you all today and must spread it around. to who else??

Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
?Stoy, I wondered how long it would take till this sale hit you,,,,,, yep it is the real deal! Now do not pack the mop and brooms, they do NOT go to the new house, bad karma to take them with you know....lol. I am so thrilled for you. Tell me again how long you have been on the market?

DD and I got the tree limbs hauled off, but it is just so dang humid out there today. Took about an hour and we both looked like we fell into the pond, just nasty. Started on the garage, but gave up.
I just can not get excited about this whole cluster fk of events you know....

Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 PM

i cant take the mop and broom?? well ok, both are so worn out anyway. on market bout year and a half. i cant believe your realtor. actually i can! do you think you could go with the guy that's been helping her? or at least til your contract runs out??
Tambre, how's it going?
HDL, Niki, where are ya girls??

Old 09-26-2009, 03:27 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Same amount of time as me then, hmmm maybe there is hope. I will make my decisions after the open, will still be sticking around for it which gives me 6 very long hours to talk with this guy.

The broom brings the old dirt with you and that is not what you want, lol. Start with new, dont know where this old wise tale came from but I have heard my mom and my grandma say for the last 40+ yrs....grandma passed when I was 10 but I remember it.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi girls...just caught up, again...

Joy, will check out HHI tonight...Roth, I am with you, I miss a lot of tv shows because I forget they are on. Old age. I must have you all beat, I am 56! Horrors!!!! 40 was awful, 50 was not that bad, but now on the upside of 60 just doesnt seem possible. Most days I feel like I am 90, and hoping the new meds will help. I am too young to feel so awful.

Well how was the show? They've been changing schedules here just as I finally got down when my shows came on. So now I have to learn the new times. One of my favs I watch in In Plain Sight and am most likely watching this past season and heard they were not renewing it so gonna find the US station that shows it and write them that I'll be totally P'od if they cancel it. Love that show. And on feeling old, even in my 20's some days felt 100, some 12 - same way now. Hope your new meds help. You ARE too young to feel so awful. But your doc seems on the ball so sounds like he has a good gameplan for you. XXOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Are you flying into Miami on Friday (day before we set sail)? If so, maybe you, Joy and Anne can all share a hotel room to cut down on cost!

I agree--I think y'all should get your deposits in to reserve the cabin. It's only 3 months away!
I'm trying! and would be a blast sharing room with Barb and Annie. I'd probably end up going home with one of them LOL

Quote:
Speaking of water and soothing things, I was going to say I feel most at peace while at sea..I love to hear the water and smell the sea...very calming..my favorite place to be is a ship at sea..
Now you are bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

I'm not jealous just genuinely happy for y'all that go. I would love to, but just don't want to beg dh when he is so good to me and has done a lot for me. If I was working right now and it was out of my own pocket I could justify it but we have spent an ooodle of moola and he kinda looked at me like I was crazy when I mention cruising with people from internet. He just doesn't quite get it, but with lots of explaining would, but we just need to chill. Just speaking for myself only, the costs would add up. I think he would resent me having fun like that right now without him. My late grandma didn't think you should ever vaca without your hub...not saying I agree...just thought of my granny. At any rate I will be there in spirit and will enjoy hearing about your trip at sea!!!!!!!!

Yeah, guys don't get how women can connect via internet - it's not like we're doing the internet dating or anything LOL Plus with ya not working, can understand why things are tight and you'd feel guilty.

That was some funny stuff and good advice Joy!!! Of course I chuckle at others postings but just thought you were especially on with this one! Any news on your hottie's status? I forgot to tell you I wanted my daughter to name my GS Joaquin (it was one of my picks) and at first she somewhat played along but set me straight later by saying no way, and she hadn't wanted to hurt my feelings earlier.

Well maybe that's a 'sign' LOL as it's also one of my son's middle names - did write my jr. partner and tell him that Joaquin came by and I asked if he was divorced. Told him since when he wished me happy Bday he said he owed me a present, that if Joaquin was divorced I wanted HIM as a present LOL Since I'm the majority partner, if he's divorced well, I'll just make it an 'order' GET ME THAT MAN - NOW

NJ, well if it makes you feel any better I have had to write some family members off. It's been about 2 years. I feel bad about it and maybe certain things could someday be ironed out, but if you don't enjoy the time with them and it stresses you far more than it is ever enjoying it may be time.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Same here Goldy - did feel a little bad, but not much but it was always negativity and BS. Just had to realize that just because they were family didn't mean I had to 'allow' them to hurt me. Now I'm okay with the fact that pretty much other than my son, my niece (and her son), I don't keep in contact with the rest. Much closer to my son's dad's family - been divorced forever and they still all ask about me. Ah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

NJS-please kick them to the curb girlfriend-we're here. Took me a long time to realize family will not hold me hostage.

Amen, sister, and we are here and she has other friends too. Just because they're family - well, we 'deserve' to surround ourselves with people who contribute in a positive way to our lives, instead of hurting us and creating negativity.

Slept like a baby but up at 5!
Glad you slept good, hon, but dang 5AM? Ugh. I will not tell you what time I got up this morning - but in my defense I did stay up real late last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Ladies..........Finally got some sleep and feel like it was under the rock but I did get some sleep! So now I am making out my list to do. Found out my agent left Thurs. a.m., did not call to tell me who would be taking over, did not get me listed on the horse sites....all talk from her. The guy that is going to be here for the open called me late last night. Found out a bunch of crap about this agent, he has been "helping" her for the past 8 yrs...oh the lies we weave. This guy have been an agent for 40 yrs though and he is alright i guess. Decisions to be made after the open house now...

Have this guy take over for you Carol. Same brokerage so there shouldn't be any problem. Now that you know the 'real' story about her, well. . . . who knows, maybe if he's the principal agent things will get moving and you're right. After the open house you can contemplate things, but your listing is with the 'brokerage' not the agent, so as long as you keep you house listed with the brokerage no reason why you can't switch agents.

As to family, I have one sister that I am some what close to and that is it. OUr family just fell apart when my parents divorced, it was final on their 40th anniversary. It is amazing to me that a once close knit family can unravel so quickly, the blame, guilt, and how twisted the truth can get. And then in death, the greed just makes everyone turn in to idiots and they look to getting "rich" and the heck with family. Really sad.

Oh what a depressing start to the day! Time to change the subject, lol.

So my quote for the day to all you married ladies...The rooster may crow but the hen delivers the eggs! A little farm humor........later
Love it! I'll be sure and tell the roosters when they wake me up in the morning LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Nice HINT there Barb!!! Yeah, real subtle

When I first started meeting people from the internet...(I met 5 people from myspace!) ...my sister thought I had gone completely nuts. I actually drove to VA to meet a friend for the first time and go to a Dale Watson show with her. I stayed at her house. It was a leap of faith--but I knew in my heart she was a good person, not some psycho who would lock me up in her basement and torture me!! Anyways, I feel that way about a lot of you girls. I know we are all GOOD people on here and we all have GOOD hearts. I feel like I've known a few of the girls here forever.

Yes, we promise not to lock you up and torture you - 'course we find a good looking guy who locks you up and tortures you in a oh so 'good way', well that's a whole different thing entirely

I am to the East of the city..about 22 miles away! THANK GOD! Where I work (Oakland), the police was spraying tear gas in the air and tazing protesters. So glad I didn't have to go near that place!! I watched on TV when the dignitaries and World leaders arrived at Pittsburgh International and then went about my day! I did watch some of the craziness on TV. Some of those protestors are out of hand. The thing is...people watch from outside of here and think that it is all of Pittsburgh acting like that! Not true--MOST of those protestors flew in, bussed in, drove into Pittsburgh and are NOT even from this area!! I say "Back to H Satan and take your cronies with you!" They are giving Pittsburgh a bad rep and they aren't even from here!!

Dear God, what was this about? I don't watch the news - gee wonder why.

Wow...just WOW about your realtor--cannot even believe she didn't follow through with the horse sites. Painter with all your knowledge, I really think you could do a better job as FSBO. I think you should consider that.

Think she could too, but that other agent if he was principal agent not working for Her Worthless Highness, might actually do a good job.

Yea I know all about family and how disappointing they can turn out to be. I haven't spoken to my one sister for almost 2 years. Last time was at my mom's funeral and then it was only out of neccessity.

Same here - at my nieces wedding in 07. That's been it in 5 years, same for mom and rest of those 'people'.

Good luck with the inspection Stoy!
Quote:
Good morning ladies..Painter, oh my..and you thought that agent was ok. I agree with Tex, you can do better yourself. Listen, I think ya'll can do better than any of those agents you all have..what a bunch, imagine if they all worked together..Joy, can you get a temporary license and get these homes sold for the campers??!

Wish I could girl, but would have to take all the tests - even if still licensed in CO which I haven't been for 4 years, it would have to be in a state with a reciprocal rules or I would in a heartbeat.

Well, for the end of fall its fricken hot here, will be over 100 again today, i got up a while ago at 7 and it was 80 here. 16% humidity so dry, but hot. I do hear from the local weather folks that we will be in double digits by mid week and that IS something to look forward to.

Dear God - over 100. I'm sweating just reading this. Ugh.

Ok need to get dressed. think I will try out the WII fitness that I bought just before we moved in June, need to get my A** moving and get some weight lost. BAH!

Later girls..
I misread your fitness program - thought you posted WWII fitness program and was thinking dang, must be a good program if it's been around that long LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
JOY AND TEX:

OMG, Joy you are the bomb. How do you make me laugh when I was so sad LOL>> I didn't mean to work you up lol ..

Well I was actually serious but glad I put a smile on your face - you deserve to be happy and em. Cut the cord on negative people in general - shouldn't matter if their relatives or anyone else. Take out your frustration on that jerk across the street.

The ones that 'preach' what good Christians they are, well, are the ones' who really aren't - just lip service which He knows. They'll find out either here or in the hereafter. A lot of folks gonna be suprised when their in a 'hot' climate instead of in the clouds, ya know?

AND I know others here have family issues and my HEART GOES OUT TO YOU ALL. It does suck. You cannot pick your relatives........................................n o control whatsoever........

And like Tex said I really feel like a few of you I have known for eons....We just click!!
I think we were all friends in a past life and that's why we click - Feel the same way about you girls. It's like I've known you for a lifetime (or lifetime(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks, JOY for your help!!!

You are so welcome - just have to know how to plug in the info.

Inspection is over!! so far we only know about a couple of little things. My DH talked with buyers and really liked them, said they were nice and really love the house. Just gotta wait for official report.
YEAH YEAH YEAH. Big load off both your shoulders. Now maybe DH will actually sleep without needing to be drugged LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks. but i feel more nervous than ever. i think it's all sinking in.
think i'm gonna put some music on, have a glass of wine, and pack a bit.
tried to rep you all today and must spread it around. to who else??
Well, I'm drinking Cerveza so turn on that music and we'll all party together

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
?

DD and I got the tree limbs hauled off, but it is just so dang humid out there today. Took about an hour and we both looked like we fell into the pond, just nasty. Started on the garage, but gave up.
I just can not get excited about this whole cluster fk of events you know....
Relax, Carol, pop a cold one and just chill - the garage will still be there. In fact pop a few of them!

So girls I'm watching Elizabeth which is one of my fav movies - the one with Cate Blanchett. Done with emails, at least for now, but will pop in later. Hope everyone enjoys their day and see ya around the camp later. Big smootches!

Old 09-26-2009, 05:31 PM

WWII fitness!! that made me laugh, picturing barb in camo doing kicks and jumping jacks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate