Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 05:38 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times

Advertisements

According to the real estate people here, things are looking up , up , up ...so buy , buy , buy ...and now...don't wait.

If this is indeed the case, then why do we need a stimulus package right now in this country ?

You can't have it both ways, either the stimulus is spiking sales or we have stabilized...

This stimulus is like taking Tylenol when you have a fever, you feel better, things seem better, but all you are doing is masking the illness. We can't take Tylenol forever.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
In addition, why does the Fed need to keep rates at 0%?

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM

756 posts, read 1,653,875 times
If things are so bad out there, why do you have internet?

Why spend time on message boards instead of improving conditions?

Why are the markets up 20%+ this year?

Why am I selling my house and moving?

Life can always be viewed two ways. Happy are those who see the sun and the silver linings on the clouds and the rainbow through the rain.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post
If things are so bad out there, why do you have internet?

Why spend time on message boards instead of improving conditions?

Why are the markets up 20%+ this year?

Why am I selling my house and moving?

Life can always be viewed two ways. Happy are those who see the sun and the silver linings on the clouds and the rainbow through the rain.

Happy Thanksgiving!

With all due respect...... blah,blah,blah

Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
According to the real estate people here, things are looking up , up , up ...so buy , buy , buy ...and now...don't wait.
Show me some recent CD quotes supporting this bilge.
Please.

Quote:
If this is indeed the case, then why do we need a stimulus package right now in this country ?
How many of the people you will quote above are on the record that we need a stimulus package?
Please support that with CD quotes, too.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Show me some recent CD quotes supporting this bilge.
Please.

How many of the people you will quote above are on the record that we need a stimulus package?
Please support that with CD quotes, too.
Never! All threads started are done with no factual basis. Just like most threads started here.

Heh..no honestly you missed my point ... I didn't say most here think we need the stimulus package. My point is the market is looking up according to everyone. So WHY is there a package?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:

You can't have it both ways, either the stimulus is spiking sales or we have stabilized...

This stimulus is like taking Tylenol when you have a fever, you feel better, things seem better, but all you are doing is masking the illness. We can't take Tylenol forever.
You take Tylenol so the fever doesn't kill you. Same with the stimulus. you provide incentives so the market is not killed. Eventually things will settle down. Jay

Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You take Tylenol so the fever doesn't kill you. Same with the stimulus. you provide incentives so the market is not killed. Eventually things will settle down. Jay
I understand that Jay, but ...do we need this if the market has stabilized as the NAF would have us believe? After all you don't keep taking Tylenol after your fever ha gone down.

Oh and actually you keep a fever down to feel better...it won't kill you most likely...

Old 11-25-2009, 06:34 PM

175 posts, read 671,567 times
I see rainbows! Thanks GuyFriendly... happy Thanksgiving to you too! Here's hoping you are surrounded by friends and family mutually finding the silver lining...

Old 11-25-2009, 06:40 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Never! All threads started are done with no factual basis. Just like most threads started here.

Heh..no honestly you missed my point ... I didn't say most here think we need the stimulus package. My point is the market is looking up according to everyone. So WHY is there a package?
Call Obama, many of us here have wondered the same thing. Apparently politicians feel like they need to give your money to help others buy a home or get welfare.

Ask the people who make the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate