Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:09 PM

43,389 posts, read 77,320,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You can call it poppycock all you want. I've been there and back as both a realtor & an appraiser- I know how the game is played. I've heard realtors say things so unethical as to make one cringe.

No buyer's agent will knock themselves out fighting for the lowest possible price on a house because all they'll be doing is lowering their own commission. $300 or whatever. That's not poppycock- it's common sense.

And, I've never encountered a realtor who truly cared whether or not the buyer could ultimately afford a property.

A sales person is a sales person, whether selling cars or houses or anything else.
That sort of expression and projection of personal values is common.
That "common sense," sounds more like "greed." Worship of money is not part of MY value system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 AM

11,842 posts, read 34,490,399 times
I am a bargain hunter, through and through. It does not matter if it's my money we are spending. Mostly not.

Last year a I got a call from a CD poster who was relocating to a small accounting firm - he was looking at houses from $300k to $350k. We found one at $375k - his offer $340k. They accepted, and after inspection threw in another $5k.

Not two months later the owner of the small accounting firm called, his brother and SIL were moving here and he heard good things about me. The brother was an ad exec who bought a $750k home sold 5 years ago for $1.1 mil.

$10,500 vs $9380 (gross) got me another $18,750. That is how you make this business work.

Good customer service will bring in the business, repeatedly. An "it's about me" creed, will not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate