Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times

Advertisements

I love pumpkin butter. My daughter bought me a jar of it at Windsor Fair. Want to make my own next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
i like baked apples, cheap, tasty and easy to make..core an apple, sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar, and bake,,,

Old 09-16-2007, 07:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
they're also good if you insert a carmel and a tad of butter into that core....you can do that over a campfire too if you wrap it in tinfoil! yum!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Baked apples with caramel sounds yummy! Never had that.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i like baked apples, cheap, tasty and easy to make..core an apple, sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar, and bake,,,
Oh, you bake it whole? Do you peel it?

Old 09-16-2007, 07:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Oh, you bake it whole? Do you peel it?
yes bake it whole,,without peeling...

macintosh, is probly one of the sweetest..tho my fav apple is empires and red delicious

Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
ohh those all sound sooo good, with the cold weather setting in I just wanna bake till I drop!!! Pumpkin is by far my favorite autumn food. It screams Autumn and New England to me. I have a couple recipies

I noticed above someone mentioned about vegitarian, this is a nice autumn vegitarian meal.

Roasted Autumn Vegetables

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 lb burssle sprouts, cut in half (2cups)
1/2 lb parsnips, peeled , cut lengthwise into quarters, then cut into 2/inch pieces (2cups)
1/2 small butternut squash (about 1lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (2cups)
1 bag (8 oz) ready to eat baby- cut carrots (2 cups)

1. Heat over to 375 deg.. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sage and garlic
2. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, place remaining ingredients. Pour butter mixture over vegetables; stir to coat
3. Cover with foil, bake 45 mins. Remove foil.; bake uncovered about 15 mins longer or until veggies are tender.. 6 servings (1 cup each)

Okay now this one people LOVE. I bring it to any party every year and its gone before I can even try it..

Layere Pumpkin Cheesecake.

Crust
2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 32 cookies) (I just buy the bags of cookies they sell that have lots of little ones and crush up the bag with a rolling pin)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Filling
4 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Heat over to 300 degrees. Grease 9- inch springform pan with shortening or cooking spray. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press crumb mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 8 to 10 mins or until set. Cool 5 mins.

2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat. On low speed, gradually beat in sugar. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon 3 cups of the cream cheese micxture into pan, Spread evenly.

3. Stir pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into remaining creamcheese mixture, mix with sire whisk until smooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.

4. Bake 1 hour 25 mins to 1 hour 30 mins or until edges are set but ****er of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.

5. Turn oven off; open door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in over 30 mins longer. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 mins. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours but no more than 24.

6. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again, carefully remove side of pan. Place cheesecake on serving plate. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.

This recipie will WOW your guests.. It is amazing.. and the layers of dark brown cookies, white creamcheese and orange pumpkin look like autumn on your plate.. enjoy!!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,213 times
Picking your own apples at a local orchard adds a fun family activity before you cook all those wonderful recipes.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:45 PM

323 posts, read 993,114 times
Love the recipes. I have a real crowd pleaser and your whole house will smell great.

Grandma's Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup
1 loaf French Bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 TBS granulated sugar
1 teapoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup

Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch each. Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl,combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

The next day preheat oven to 350

Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with Maple Syrup.

Praline Topping
2 sticks butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 TBS light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine all ingred in a med bowl and blend well.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
yum....jenkaye...I am trying THAT!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes