Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 04:09 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I love horseradish! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I do! Horseradish is the reason I eat prime rib.

Other horseradish lovers, try the Jezebel sauce I posted in the What's For Dinner thread today!
Me too.

Like I said, I've only had it with pretzels, and it goes really well. So if you guys do try it, I would suggest trying it with pretzels the first time. I'm sure it's good with other things, too, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
OK, Kats, here you go.

Jezabel sauce is a sweet-hot mixture made from jelly and horseradish and often served over a block of cream cheese with crackers. MagicShark used it for a shrimp dish which sounded delicious, and I also think it would be a very tasty with honey baked ham and biscuit sandwiches.

This one is a small (reasonably sized) recipe for it:

Jezebel Sauce | Never Enough Thyme

The one I posted earlier today which makes a large batch (share with friends? )

Jezebel Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

What they both have in common is dried mustard, pineapple preserves, apple jelly, and horseradish. The amount of horseradish should be up to personal taste. I like it strong.

I've also seen suggestions to use apricot preserves and pineapple jelly instead of apple jelly and pineapple preserves.
I love these kinds of dips. Thanks, Debsi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 05:50 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Thanks for reminding me about Jezebel Sauce. I love it dumped on a block of cream cheese, or as a sauce for meat.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Not a dip but more of a spread. My Aunt used to make this tuna ball that I loved.

1 big can of white tuna flaked
one 8 ounce bar of cream cheese left out to soften
1 small onion minced
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped walnuts.

Mix tuna and cream cheese together, add onions. Roll mixture to make a ball then roll in nuts, Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.

You could add some chopped fresh dill to this and substitute scallions for the onions if you like. You can leave off the nuts if you have an allergy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes