Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2017, 10:41 PM

720 posts, read 500,821 times

Advertisements

Here's a simple little recipe I found for ice cream bread. It's basically a quickie pound cake, but it works well with coffee and even though the primary ingredient is a pint of ice cream, this has a surprisingly mild taste. I say that because I don't want anybody to be disappointed when it doesn't taste like cake:

1 pint of ice cream (any kind will work, but make sure it's real ice cream...cheap ice cream will work fine, and using different flavors is part of the fun)
1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
A tin loaf pan
Toppings (chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, mini-mashmellows, etc; all optional)

Put ice cream in microwave for about 30-45 seconds
Put in large bowl with a cup of flour; stir
Put in remaining flour; stir
Add in any toppings and stir.

Spray tin loaf pan with cooking spray and make sure the pan is thoroughly coated (don't overdo the oil...go around the pan with your fingers to make sure it's coated)
Pour in batter
Bake for 35-40 minutes on 350o

This keeps well for a couple of days if you cover the tin pan with a lid, or with foil if you put it in the refrigerator. But like I said, it works well as a morning pastry. I usually don't add any toppings, but given I have a son, sometimes I have to. If you want something simple, try coffee ice cream with a few semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 06:31 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Funny how so many of these recipes end up turning into a snickers bar.

Theres a recipe for japanese bread, using yeast, that is made with heavy cream, no water.
Its decadent, rich and silky textured. Ice cream bread might be taken from that idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes