Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:30 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,757 times

Advertisements

This one is delicious!

Olympic Seoul Chicken

◦ 1/2 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar will do as well)
◦ 6 TB. soy sauce
◦ 4 TB. honey
◦ 1/2 teaspoon ginger
◦ 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
◦ 5-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
◦ 6-8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
◦ 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions
1. Mix together vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and ginger. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
4. Add garlic and red pepper, cook stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add vinegar mixture, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
6. Uncover, cook about 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick.
7. Serve with rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 08:45 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,891,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I would love the recipe Mrs.Cool......love Mexican food
Sure!
chop an onion, put in crockpot. Dump in either one can of diced tomatoes with chilis and one can of plain diced tomatoes or 2 cans with chilis, depending on how hot you like it. Don't drain them. (I'm a wimp and use one of each.)
One can of beans with chili sauce, again, mild or hot. Undrained.
One can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
One can of mexi-corn.
One 8 oz can of tomato sauce. This week when I made it, I only had the big cans of tomato sauce, but I did have some leftover enchilada sauce, so I used approximately 8 oz of that.
Stir this up, then lay a large chicken breast, or 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs on the top of the mix. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Take out the chicken, shred it and put it into the stew and stir it back up. You can do this right at the end, or earlier.
I serve this with shredded cheddar, crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream on top.
As a lot of crock pot recipes are, this one is very forgiving. If you drained the tomatoes, it could be a filler for burritos, it's pretty thick already. You could also add some more spices if you like it hot.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:52 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
I hesitated to post, because I use bone-in thighs. But I like thighs fixed two ways: grilled, and baked over rice.

I trim excess skin and fat, oil them and dry brine them. Then DH grills them on the gas grill. They are yummy.

When I bake them, I skin them first, then oil and place over rice, sliced onions, sliced green pepoers, and sliced mushrooms. I add chicken broth to the dish, and bake at 400 deg. I add more broth after about 30 min.

These days, I am using brown rice, so i precook the brown rice in the oven for about 15 minutes before adding the thighs.

I know that boneless thighs will cook faster, but there is just something about eating off the bone. Thighs are my fave part of the chicken.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:49 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Sure!
chop an onion, put in crockpot. Dump in either one can of diced tomatoes with chilis and one can of plain diced tomatoes or 2 cans with chilis, depending on how hot you like it. Don't drain them. (I'm a wimp and use one of each.)
One can of beans with chili sauce, again, mild or hot. Undrained.
One can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
One can of mexi-corn.
One 8 oz can of tomato sauce. This week when I made it, I only had the big cans of tomato sauce, but I did have some leftover enchilada sauce, so I used approximately 8 oz of that.
Stir this up, then lay a large chicken breast, or 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs on the top of the mix. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Take out the chicken, shred it and put it into the stew and stir it back up. You can do this right at the end, or earlier.
I serve this with shredded cheddar, crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream on top.
As a lot of crock pot recipes are, this one is very forgiving. If you drained the tomatoes, it could be a filler for burritos, it's pretty thick already. You could also add some more spices if you like it hot.
Thanks Mrs Cool, Very tasty dish! Made it mild. Perfect for us

Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,891,071 times
I'm glad you liked it!
Tomorrow night, I'm making another chicken recipe that calls for breasts, but I'm using thighs again. I'll let y'all know how that one turns out! It has a wonderful white sauce over top, onion, chicken broth, white wine, milk and thyme...mmmmm....

Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
I make this recipe quite often: https://www.marthastewart.com/315825...-stew-with-car but I tweak it a little.

I make it in my dutch oven, and I use boneless thighs. I put the chicken on the bed of carrots and sprinkle it with cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, s&P that I've mixed together. 350 oven for 90ish minutes, and it's good to go.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-30-2018 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-30-2018, 04:37 PM

388 posts, read 474,474 times
Roasted chicken thighs with hazelnuts, pecans, mascarpone, mustard, herbs

Chicken cooks in deep skillet on stove.

6-8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, rinsed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lg shallot, sliced
3 Tbsp hazelnuts
3 Tbsp pecans
2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, fresh, stems removed
2 Tbsp flat leaf cilantro, fresh, stems removed
1/4 c / 2oz / 60g mascarpone cheese
1 Tbsp grainy dijon mustard
Oil
1/2 c white wine or low sodium chicken broth
salt & pepper
2 bay leaves

Add a little oil to a large skillet. Cook chicken in batches. Cook over med high heat, browning each side. Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.

Add wine to pan and stir up brown bits. Cook shallots and garlic until soft. Add bay leaves. Add chicken pieces to fit all in one layer.

Cover and cook over med low heat, turning a few times during cooking. Cook for around 15 min or until chicken in done through, no blood emits when a knife is placed deeply inside, and temp is 170F - 175F.

Pulse nuts and remaining herbs in a food processor until smooth. Add mascarpone and mustard. Pulse to combine. Add seasoning to taste, pulse to mix. Set aside.

Turn off heat under skillet. Transfer chicken to warm platter or plates. Remove bay leaves and discard. To the pan, add nut/herb/mascarpone mixture. If sauce looks too thick, add a little wine or broth. Spoon sauce over chicken. Transfer rest of sauce to gravy boat and pass around.

Serves 4-6

Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,871,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I hesitated to post, because I use bone-in thighs. But I like thighs fixed two ways: grilled, and baked over rice.

I trim excess skin and fat, oil them and dry brine them. Then DH grills them on the gas grill. They are yummy.

When I bake them, I skin them first, then oil and place over rice, sliced onions, sliced green pepoers, and sliced mushrooms. I add chicken broth to the dish, and bake at 400 deg. I add more broth after about 30 min.

These days, I am using brown rice, so i precook the brown rice in the oven for about 15 minutes before adding the thighs.

I know that boneless thighs will cook faster, but there is just something about eating off the bone. Thighs are my fave part of the chicken.
Just curious, silibran

but if you're going to oil them, why skin them? The skin is full of natural oil/ fat- it would be a simple, self basting process if you left the skin on them (no need to oil) ... Fat is fat. Why make things harder or more complicated?!

Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,883,675 times
A recipe for us garlic lovers...

Three Cup Chicken

Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 AM

126,287 posts, read 19,062,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
A recipe for us garlic lovers...

Three Cup Chicken
Oh yum 20 garlic cloves. Thank you for posting this recipe Dirt Grinder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes