Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:52 PM

130,230 posts, read 12,099,804 times

Advertisements

Thank you, I will try most of these, will pass on the run though I prefer wine, but not in my tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 01:20 AM

936 posts, read 823,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
What do you add to your black ice tea? I love different ice teas, but do not like the price of some of the flavored ones, This week, I added a sugar free cherry powder to my pitcher of tea, not too bad. Any other ideas besides sweetener, lemon & mint?
Over the weekend I made a raspberry syrup and added some to my iced tea. Lipton also makes a raspberry tea, of course, but I doubt that there is a single real raspberry in it. It's all chemicals and artificial flavors.

Raspberry syrup is easy to make:

2 cups raspberries
1/3 cup sugar

Place the raspberries in pot with the sugar over medium heat. Gently simmer until the raspberries break down and the sugar melts (about 5 minutes). Strain the syrup, using a fine mesh strainer so you can catch all the small seeds and pulp.

I like to add a spoon or two of this syrup to my iced tea to make real raspberry tea. This syrup is also great on ice cream or chocolate cake along with a few whole raspberries.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I used to mix some fragrant/flavored teas into black loose leaf tea.
You don't need much of it to enhance the flavor, and you can make many different flavors that way.
Many of those flavored teas not only taste great but also are beneficial - like jasmine has a calming effects and also can relieve blood vessels around your eyes and help relax your muscles.
Orchid tea could refresh brain....
There are others like rose tea, strawberry, lavender, clover, apricot, mint, chamomile, cherry, orange, bergamot orange, ginger, lemon, passion fruit etc. etc..
Scented teas-the art of flavoring tea with scent
List of scented teas:
https://www.teaforte.com/store/gourmet-tea/tea-flavors/

Nilgiri and Keemun are my favorites.

This is always a nice idea.

Unfortunately for me, I can't drink iced black tea the way I'd like to (kidney stones). So I fill a 2-liter pitcher with lemonade and either 2 cups of black tea, or one cup of black tea and one cup of hibiscus, which adds a beautiful color. Even the one cup, alone, makes the flavor of black tea distinguishable.

There's such a variety of flavored and scented teas, which makes things easier for someone like me who doesn't like the "gold standard" in hydration for those prone to kidney stones--plain water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes