Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 08:24 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude24 View Post
CA, I dunno maybe pot laced brownies? lol
If you click on the link, our state's "favorite" holiday cookie is persimmon. Do you know even one person who makes or eats persimmon cookies? Yep, me neither.

Around here in So Cal, holiday cookies I've seen the most would be traditional decorated sugar cookies or peppermint bark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
........ Do you know even one person who makes or eats persimmon cookies? .

My family had persimmon cookies and persimmon pudding every year. I'd still be making it if I could get good persimmons.

No one who was ever offered persimmon cookies ever turned them down. They are delicious.

It's possible that all the persimmon orchards have been cut down and paved over with little houses on tiny lots. Many acres of California fruit orchards are gone forever.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:42 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I've always been a little curious about how a recipe called a Mexican wedding cake could also be called a Russian tea cake and why they are so common in Minnesota. I know they are also served in other geographical places under different names. Even "moldy mice!" (Must have been that creature that wasn't stirring on Christmas Eve.)

So I googled a page on their origin in case you are interested:

https://www.ehow.com/about_6392501_s...g-cookies.html

They are one of my favorite cookies, and I was kind of wondering the same thing, about why such different names...

Thanks for the link!

Old 12-14-2019, 03:32 PM

204 posts, read 202,477 times
Heidesand,a German Cookie. It’s sort of shortbread like but you brown the butter first which gives the cookies an excellent flavor!
Not really a favorite State cookie,I know,but it’s one of my favorites.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:44 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Ganja laced for sure here in CO lol

Old 12-14-2019, 07:35 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Toffee, pralines, buckeyes, and nut brittle are candies, not cookies.

Weird list. CO does lots of Xmas tree meringue cookies? Never even seen one of those in almost 30 yrs of living here. Common Xmas cookies are peppermint candy cookies, sugar cookies, peanut butter with a Hershey kiss planted in the middle.

One coworker always brought in a no-bake cookie that managed to be simultaneously dry, mushy, overly sweet, and tasteless: a mix of Hershey syrup, peanut butter, and shredded coconut heaped into little mounds. She claimed that the guys at her department loved them, but I noticed she always had plenty of them to bring back home.

Utah’s and California’s alleged favorites look delicious!

Old 12-16-2019, 05:45 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,082,955 times
Don't really care what the favorite cookie is in Florida (probably something citrus based). I like what I like and my favorite is macadamia and white chocolate chip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes