Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 10:45 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times

Advertisements

I juiced for a couple years but couldn't stand the idea of trashing all the fiber and using only part of the fruits and veg. Now, I'll make a smoothie in a blender if I want to approximate but I also have no problem eating all the fruit and veg I need.

I think my juicing period was transitional and based on some flawed science. That said, how about an apple, celery and carrot cocktail? Sounds good about now.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,532,589 times
I was hard core juicing about a decade ago. I had bad arthritis. Juicing helped tremendously. I was buying carrots in 50 pound bags that my grocer special ordered for me. I just washed them, didn't peel them before running them through.

I had paper filters in the juicer basket that made it painless to clean. All the pulp came out in 1 piece. Then just rinse the rest of the machine.

I did a 4 day juice fast. The first day and a half took a bit of will power. Then it was easy after that.

But it's time consuming. I ran a bunch of fruits and veggies through while experimenting. Many items give very little juice and drive the cost per glass serving into the unreasonable level. I'm sure with today's grocery prices, those costs would be obscene relative to what bottled or canned juices cost.

I think like many things in life, moderation is good. So juice a bit and enjoy it. It's certainly tasty and healthy.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:54 AM

2,106 posts, read 980,135 times
I do t juice but I saw a lady in the supermarket with around 20-30 pineapples , couldn’t resist asking her why so many, she said she juices ! anyhow it was in Aldis where produce is cheaper , maybe she has a juice shop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes