Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times

Advertisements

I have a pork tenderloin and trying to find a good recipe. I have baked them before and it is good but I just want something a little different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 AM

50,368 posts, read 63,964,084 times
keeper, I just sent this to a friend the other day, so it was by my computer. It's from a Jenny Craig cookbook and we've had it several times. Rice is good with it, or sesame noodles.

Indonesian Pork Tenderloin

1# pork tenderloin
2T soy sauce
2T peanut butter
1t. dried crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c pineapple preserves

Mix Soy sauce, peanut butter, pepper and garlic together and spread over pork.
Roast at 375 for 30 minutes. Coat with preserves. Bake another 10 mins. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I have a pork tenderloin and trying to find a good recipe. I have baked them before and it is good but I just want something a little different.
I like to slice mine in thick medallions, wrap bacon around. Sear in hot skillet with some butter. Take them out to plate, make sauce in the same skillet and pour over the medallions(or return the medallions back to the skillet to warm them up again). Sauces can be Sherry, shallot, black peppers and cream OR a bit of broth, apples, maple syrup and butter. Just make sure you don't over cook it, because they can get dry if you do.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:29 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Default Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Ginger Maple Sauce

2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
cooking spray
1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin trimmed
2 Tbs. butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. bottled fresh ginger
1 cup fat-free, less -sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup real maple syrup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub pork with **** mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook 6 minutes browning all sides. Place in a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155 degrees. let stand 10 minutes before slicing. While pork bakes, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add ginger; cook 4 minutes. Stir in broth and syrup, scraping pan to loosen bits. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Cut pork into 1/4 inch thick slices, serve with sauce.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post

I did one last week that I injected with butter and garlic then grilled it on the pit for about 5 minuets per side, it will cook fast so don't walk away from it.

I also like to serve it with something sweet like a cranberry sauce glaze.

A good side dish is to saute sliced carrots and chopped onions in butter. When the carrots are almost cooked sprinkle a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and salt to taste over them, talk about good.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 PM

424 posts, read 1,675,959 times
Default All of these sound good...

...but sometimes I like to just slice it about a half-inch-thick, salt, and pepper it, and then fry it...serve in a biscuit! It is quick and tasty and a good use of a small pork tenderloin or a portion that has been cut from a larger one.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 AM

142 posts, read 565,885 times
Make this one. You will not be disappointed. I make my pork loin like this usually since we all love it. I'm making this tonight as a matter of fact!

Delish!!! This is amazing!!! Just four ingredients will produce a real tasy pork loin!

Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin

~ 2 lbs. boneless pork loin roast
~ 2 TB steak seasoning rub
~ 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
~ 1/2 cup olive oil (I usually use a little less)

1. Dissolve steak seasoning in balsamic vinegar, then stir in olive oil. Place pork into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade overtop. Squeeze out air and seal; marinate 2 hours to overnight.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3. Place pork into a glass baking dish along w/ marinade. Bake in preheated oven, basting occasionally until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, about 1 hour. Let the roast rest for 10 min. before slicing and serving.

Notes:

* There are times I don't have time to marinate it AT ALL, due to time constraints and it still comes out delish!
* I think this would also work w/ chicken or turkey too.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:59 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Thanks everyone.. I love the recipes. I am going to try them all. Reps to all

Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
sometimes I just slice, pound thin and make schnitzel.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM

558 posts, read 818,822 times
Here's how I prepare mine. It always comes out very juicy and is tender enough to tear apart with a fork. I don't measure anything.

Mix honey, mustard powder, basil and black pepper together in a small bowl (it's hard to add too much pepper) and rub the mixture all over the tenderloin with your hands, saving just about a 1/4 of the mixture for later. Broil the tenderloin uncovered for a few minutes (less than 10) then remove it from the oven. Allow the oven to cool down to about 300 F. Wrap the tenderloin in foil and bake until almost done, brushing the remaining mixture over it about halfway through. About 5 minutes before it's done, remove it from the oven, slice it, and add pineapple slices between the meat slices. Wrap it up and cook until it's done.

The juice/gravy is delicious. The tenderloin is also good with cranberry sauce.

Note: It's important to always keep foil under the tenderloin to prevent the honey from sticking to the pan. Also, wrapping it will help keep the juices in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes