Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Then you develop the game and personality. It's not really that hard.
Game is not something you can develop. It just has to come naturally. Some people are lucky enough to be a player with all the right game. But if you're not, you're not.

I wasn't born with game and that's just something I need to accept.

Personality can change. And my personality is way more attractive now than it was 5 years ago. But I'm content with the way I am now. I'm not about to change my personality just to get girls. I want a girl that likes me for who I am.

But my personality change over the past 5 years was natural. I didn't change to get girls. But it just so happens my personality became more attractive (although nowhere near ladies man personality).

Quote:
If both guys suck, then obviously the guy who sucks but has money is going to get the girl. This is my whole point though. If you don't suck, it really doesn't matter that you don't have money.
Just because someone is not a ladies man doesn't mean he sucks. It's insulting to tell me I suck just because I'm not a ladies man. Someone's game (or lack of) is not the be all, end all to determine if they suck. I struggle with dating. I admit that. But there's other stuff I'm good at, so don't tell me I suck.

And all you're doing is proving my point that money can help someone get a girl if they're not a ladies man. I never said money will automatically make someone a ladies man. Money is not the be all, end all to get girls. But it can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Game is not something you can develop. It just has to come naturally. Some people are lucky enough to be a player with all the right game. But if you're not, you're not.

I wasn't born with game and that's just something I need to accept.

Personality can change. And my personality is way more attractive now than it was 5 years ago. But I'm content with the way I am now. I'm not about to change my personality just to get girls. I want a girl that likes me for who I am.

But my personality change over the past 5 years was natural. I didn't change to get girls. But it just so happens my personality became more attractive (although nowhere near ladies man personality).

Just because someone is not a ladies man doesn't mean he sucks. It's insulting to tell me I suck just because I'm not a ladies man. Someone's game (or lack of) is not the be all, end all to determine if they suck. I struggle with dating. I admit that. But there's other stuff I'm good at, so don't tell me I suck.

And all you're doing is proving my point that money can help someone get a girl if they're not a ladies man. I never said money will automatically make someone a ladies man. Money is not the be all, end all to get girls. But it can help.
I don't do "game" very well. I feel fake if I were to do something like that. My thing is to be real as can be. My big struggle is dealing with people in groups. I have an individualist streak, so if I want to talk to a woman, I want to talk with her individually. Much of the time, this is what I have often seen. In many cases, I see alot of women in groups, and the group dynamic is hard for me to break into. I am not that big of a leader, and I don't like following people. I dealt with it better when I was young, but time, and a few unfortunate events have made me a bit more shy in that case.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I don't do "game" very well. I feel fake if I were to do something like that. My thing is to be real as can be. My big struggle is dealing with people in groups. I have an individualist streak, so if I want to talk to a woman, I want to talk with her individually. Much of the time, this is what I have often seen. In many cases, I see alot of women in groups, and the group dynamic is hard for me to break into. I am not that big of a leader, and I don't like following people. I dealt with it better when I was young, but time, and a few unfortunate events have made me a bit more shy in that case.
Exactly. Unless you were born with game, your game will be fake if you attempt game. And I think it's pretty obvious to girls who has real game and who is just trying.

If you don't have game but you attempt to, that will only make you look pathetic.

You're better off just working with what you have instead of trying to be someone you're not.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM

817 posts, read 811,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Exactly. Unless you were born with game, your game will be fake if you attempt game. And I think it's pretty obvious to girls who has real game and who is just trying.

If you don't have game but you attempt to, that will only make you look pathetic.

You're better off just working with what you have instead of trying to be someone you're not.
So, let's see, if you don't have game or aren't fake, no women will like you, which means women only like people who act and pretend fake, and all the honest men out there in this world would end up being single, while all the a**holes will get all the women, something doesn't seem to be even remotely logical here, perhaps this is the reason why we have rapists and stalkers in our society, maybe if women weren't as shallow and not give too much importance to people who are such fakes, the society might be a lot better.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Cons: Not having anyone to love on you(hugging,kissing), being alone in public and being jealous of other couples, no one to go to church with on Sunday.
Nothing holds you from getting some affection from a girl you are seeing or being alone in public or going to church with someone. Grab that phone, call a girl, and there you go. Sure, it will cost you, but it is your decision.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
So, let's see, if you don't have game or aren't fake, no women will like you, which means women only like people who act and pretend fake, and all the honest men out there in this world would end up being single, while all the a**holes will get all the women, something doesn't seem to be even remotely logical here, perhaps this is the reason why we have rapists and stalkers in our society, maybe if women weren't as shallow and not give too much importance to people who are such fakes, the society might be a lot better.
Have you ever thought that maybe YOU are overlooking the girls that aren't shallow?

I have a few guy friends that basically throw themselves pity parties every weekend when they can't find any 'decent' girls, and no matter how many times I tell them, they just don't get it. They are completely overlooking the decent women and going after the ones that other guys desire...the ones that are probably out of their league.

Plus, if any of you guys act in real life like you do on this forum....girls can practically smell desperation and me, personally, will want nothing to do with a guy who lacks self confidence and is desperate for a girl to pay attention to him. That just screams out needy and clingy and I simply don't have room in my life for a needy guy.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
I don't believe in playing games either. I believe in approaching things honestly.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you ever thought that maybe YOU are overlooking the girls that aren't shallow?

I have a few guy friends that basically throw themselves pity parties every weekend when they can't find any 'decent' girls, and no matter how many times I tell them, they just don't get it. They are completely overlooking the decent women and going after the ones that other guys desire...the ones that are probably out of their league.

Plus, if any of you guys act in real life like you do on this forum....girls can practically smell desperation and me, personally, will want nothing to do with a guy who lacks self confidence and is desperate for a girl to pay attention to him. That just screams out needy and clingy and I simply don't have room in my life for a needy guy.
Okay I don't mean to be offensive here, but I am a reasonably attractive guy with a good build, solid abs, and all that, so I would want to go for a girl that looks decent too, I am not saying HOT here, I am just saying decent and with an intelligent mind.

I have come across some nice women too, unfortunately, most of them are either older than 35(doesn't cut it for me, I am only looking for someone my age,27 or younger), or are very overweight(although I wouldn't judge them personally, I think it doesn't augur well for me not to be with a person that can't take care of themselves). So, the thing is that all you said is very true except that most reasonably good looking women under 25 or around 25 are for the most part shallow and act very pricey, I am not generalizing again, I might not have come across the good one's, but this is what I observed so far.

P.S.: I like the little spin you out on the message talking about guys going after girls who are out of their league, what the heck would that mean? Also, you say go after decent women and ignore the one's that everyone goes after, which means that you are hinting that most of those decent women are women that no one would go for, either too unattractive or overweight.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Also, no one is desperate for attention, we all have our jobs and careers and lives which are successful in every other manner except perhaps that we don't have a girl in our lives, that doesn't make us lacking in self confidence as you perceive, and that doesn't make a player a really self confident person either, your observation is quite typical of a lot of women these days, nice self assured successful guy = lacking in self confidence, a cheat/womanizer/player = highly successful confident person.

See the glaring holes in your logic.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Okay I don't mean to be offensive here, but I am a reasonably attractive guy with a good build, solid abs, and all that, so I would want to go for a girl that looks decent too, I am not saying HOT here, I am just saying decent and with an intelligent mind.

I have come across some nice women too, unfortunately, most of them are either older than 35(doesn't cut it for me, I am only looking for someone my age,27 or younger), or are very overweight(although I wouldn't judge them personally, I think it doesn't augur well for me not to be with a person that can't take care of themselves). So, the thing is that all you said is very true except that most reasonably good looking women under 25 or around 25 are for the most part shallow and act very pricey, I am not generalizing again, I might not have come across the good one's, but this is what I observed so far.

P.S.: I like the little spin you out on the message talking about guys going after girls who are out of their league, what the heck would that mean? Also, you say go after decent women and ignore the one's that everyone goes after, which means that you are hinting that most of those decent women are women that no one would go for, either too unattractive or overweight.
It's the same thing with the nice guy/bad boy argument. Most of the decent girls aren't the ones wearing low cut shirts, have their hair done up and are wearing tons of makeup... the decent women are the ones that most guys pass over because they aren't 'flashy' enough. What if most of the girls you're going after think you're unattractive? I mean, you're brushing over women because they aren't physically good enough for you, why can't women do the same to you? You aren't focusing on their personalities, so why should they focus on yours?

Quote:
Also, no one is desperate for attention, we all have our jobs and careers and lives which are successful in every other manner except perhaps that we don't have a girl in our lives, that doesn't make us lacking in self confidence as you perceive, and that doesn't make a player a really self confident person either, your observation is quite typical of a lot of women these days, nice self assured successful guy = lacking in self confidence, a cheat/womanizer/player = highly successful confident person.

See the glaring holes in your logic.
I know plenty of nice, successful guys...but they are definitely not self assured. If they were, they wouldn't be having problems. Most of my male friends who are decent looking or have money think women should be falling all over them...but in reality they're obnoxious or needy or desperate and most women don't go for that. It's unfortunate that the men can't see it themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships