Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times

Advertisements

It seems that it takes a while to find someone worth marrying. And even then it doesn't work, half of the time.

And it's not just relationships, it's friends too. It's hard to find good friends.

And there never seems to be a shortage of cheaters or nutcases.

And with the economy the way it is, many people have to move around, so that also prevents people from being with each other.

Finding someone who is willing to work at keeping a relationship strong seems to be time intensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It seems that it takes a while to find someone worth marrying. And even then it doesn't work, half of the time.

And it's not just relationships, it's friends too. It's hard to find good friends.

And there never seems to be a shortage of cheaters or nutcases.

And with the economy the way it is, many people have to move around, so that also prevents people from being with each other.

Finding someone who is willing to work at keeping a relationship strong seems to be time intensive.
It's really hard to find good people agreed.

It is so hard for me to find loyal, quality friends who are good peeps. I have maybe three. And two are women!

For a relationship, I need that, plus she has to be attracted to me.

Yikes!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It's really hard to find good people agreed.

It is so hard for me to find loyal, quality friends who are good peeps. I have maybe three. And two are women!

For a relationship, I need that, plus she has to be attracted to me.

Yikes!
Eh, I have a bunch of good acquaintances. I have five good friends, three of them live in different cities

Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
depends on your definition of quality.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
People who have their stuff together, are willing to socialize, and don't just use friends. Used to have a lot of good friends but I lost them to drugs because that's the culture in my suburb. People with a variety of hobbies.

For women that I seek a relationship with, it means that they are on the slimmer side with a cute face.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Quote:
People who give a sh@t enough to respond when I tell them my power has been out for days...

You'd be surprised how many people don't care...

Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
People who give a sh@t enough to respond when I tell them my power has been out for days...

I study meteorology and I care. When wilma went through my town, I helped with clean up while school was out. Neighbors pitched in making food for those who had no generators...

But that was only like four families in the neighborhood. Everyone else packed their bags and left for Disney or something instead of helping with cleaning up the mess.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I study meteorology and I care. When wilma went through my town, I helped with clean up while school was out. Neighbors pitched in making food for those who had no generators...

But that was only like four families in the neighborhood. Everyone else packed their bags and left for Disney or something instead of helping with cleaning up the mess.
THIS is how you meet quality people, Kid! Keep doing the right thing, and a quality person will come your way.

btw, why are you so fixated on marriage at such an early age? You're only a sophomore or junior in college, with plans for grad school. Dating isn't working out for you anyway, so why not put that on a back burner, as you focus on your studies? With top grades, you could get a scholarship to grad school. Someone else posted here that grad school is where you meet your future spouse. I think there's something to that.

And yes, quality people who share some of our interests and have the qualities we're looking for in friends and partners are not a dime-a-dozen. When you do find any, you hang onto them for life, because they're rare. I, too, tend to have friends scattered around the US and the world. Close friends where I live, not so much. That's just the way it's worked out. You're not alone in that regard.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:

Thing is, is most people don't care about your needs. Even family sometimes. That's just how life works. People =****, it's a song, and it's pretty accurate.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Thing is, is most people don't care about your needs. Even family sometimes. That's just how life works. People =****, it's a song, and it's pretty accurate.
Cynical but true. Most people just don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships