Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I have a lot of quality friends I know I can count on. But I am starting to despair of ever finding a quality spouse. It really seems impossible. And like you said - even if you do find someone, what are the chances it will really work out for the long haul? It's very discouraging.
The key is to find someone who is just as enthusiastic into maintaining the relationship as yourself...

...And I found that before, it's just that we had to split to pursue our education...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think I'm a quality person, but women seem to think otherwise.

Oh well.
Have any given you a chance?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Have any given you a chance?
Not in the past few years. Every woman I approached who didn't instantly rejected me, eventually rejected me because I wasn't physically attractive enough.

Some wanted to be friends with me so they could complain about all the guys who only wanted her for sex, or how they thought they could change guy X from all his bad habits since she feels he's her "perfect guy". I didn't keep those people around either.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Not in the past few years. Every woman I approached who didn't instantly rejected me, eventually rejected me because I wasn't physically attractive enough.

Some wanted to be friends with me so they could complain about all the guys who only wanted her for sex, or how they thought they could change guy X from all his bad habits since she feels he's her "perfect guy". I didn't keep those people around either.
Well, I'll be honest...

If you worked on your appearance a bit more you'd be a better catch. Everyone is shallow at some level.

I bet if you started working out, lost weight, gained muscle, shaved off hair and trimmed off beard, got better looking clothes, you could be appreciated by more women.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
I think I'm a quality person, but women seem to think otherwise.

Oh well.
You probably are a quality person, but women aren't going to give you a chance to connect with them unless you give them a reason. I doubt that women think you're not a quality person but, unless they have incentive to get to know you better, they're not going to. I don't say this under the assumption that it's all looks-based, as most women are average-looking as well.

Just keep trying. Most times, you'll fail but hopefully there are times you'll succeed.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Well, I'll be honest...

If you worked on your appearance a bit more you'd be a better catch. Everyone is shallow at some level.

I bet if you started working out, lost weight, gained muscle, shaved off hair and trimmed off beard, got better looking clothes, you could be appreciated by more women.
Agree 100%. It's not about being shallow, but an off-putting physical appearance gives women reason to reject you from the get-go. If you want to have a better chance at dating, you need to lose weight, tone up and present a more polished look.

Do yourself a favor.. lose the negative 'tude. You don't need 'not good enough' to be your slogan or whatever. If that's how you think of yourself, then other peoples' opinions will only be worse than that.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Agree 100%. It's not about being shallow, but an off-putting physical appearance gives women reason to reject you from the get-go. If you want to have a better chance at dating, you need to lose weight, tone up and present a more polished look.

Do yourself a favor.. lose the negative 'tude. You don't need 'not good enough' to be your slogan or whatever. If that's how you think of yourself, then other peoples' opinions will only be worse than that.
Agree with this! PF, you could gain a lot of attractive points simply by going to a stylist and getting your beard trimmed and shaped. Are contact lenses an option?

Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Plus, losing weight makes you healthier!
And you definitely enjoy the beneficial strength and endurance.
I helped a number of friends with looking good, since they saw my own transformation from a short, scrawny kid, to a buff stallion.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Agree with this! PF, you could gain a lot of attractive points simply by going to a stylist and getting your beard trimmed and shaped. Are contact lenses an option?
Contacts are not an option.

My negative attitude only stems from my nonexistant dating life. I'm pretty happy about everything else that I am.

I'm not going to look a whole lot better. I've worked out and worked and ran my a$$ off. Doesn't improve me a bunch. But I will continue to work out, as I do so to release steam.

I'm not shooting anything down. I can trim the beard, but I'm not shaving it completely off. I hate that look regardless of what women think.

lol. become stronger. i don't think anyone here can actually lift my maximum weights. let's not talk about getting stronger here.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Contacts are not an option.

My negative attitude only stems from my nonexistant dating life. I'm pretty happy about everything else that I am.

I'm not going to look a whole lot better. I've worked out and worked and ran my a$$ off. Doesn't improve me a bunch. But I will continue to work out, as I do so to release steam.

I'm not shooting anything down. I can trim the beard, but I'm not shaving it completely off. I hate that look regardless of what women think.

lol. become stronger. i don't think anyone here can actually lift my maximum weights. let's not talk about getting stronger here.
Ah so you do work out? Are you the powerlifter type?
Now that's a good excuse for the bulk....

...Although body fat percentage has more to do with diet than anything else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships