Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times

Advertisements

Ladies, do you have a policy in regards to giving out your phone number? (E.g., you will or won't do it in this instance or that instance, or you have to have a protracted converation with the person?)

I find that I have been giving out my number to anyone who asks for it that I deem attractive, but it has been giving me some issues recently...mainly, because I've begun to date someone and my cell goes off constantly and it's hard to explain without making me look bad, and additionally, I met someone at a bar I found attractive, gave him my number and HE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE, calling and texting at all times of night, begging to talk for just five minutes...switching up and acting hostile and then apologizing for it 5 minutes later.

Along parallel lines, do you have a procedure for getting rid of guys once they have it, but you don't have any interest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
When I was dating, I would give my phone numbers only to very few men who I really REALLY liked, otherwise I would have just taken theirs or their email addresses.
Also, I think if you are with someone who you really like, just shut off your phone or put it on vibrator so you don't have to deal with all those phone calls.

Just be a little more selective and particular in your choices.

The only way to get rid off someone is to never pick up his calls or answer his texts, eventually he will get the point.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Hhhhmmm you give your phone number to whoever asks for it then you get their calls which make you uncomfortable.

How about not giving it to WHOEVER asks for it and be more selective? You pretty much answered your own question.

Women should try every once in a while to just be direct instead of sending signals, indirect messages, body language, etc. "Hey Johnny, I am sorry but I am seeing someone at the moment".

Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hhhhmmm you give your phone number to whoever asks for it then you get their calls which make you uncomfortable.
I said, who I find attractive. I have a very select physical type and those are the type of people I give my number to, I'm just beginning to find that litmus test isn't enough.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:11 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
I wish I could get the Census Department to get rid of my number. Seriously I have answered that Census 568 times...and they keep calling for "quality control."

The US GVT is harassing me.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I said, who I find attractive. I have a very select physical type and those are the type of people I give my number to, I'm just beginning to find that litmus test isn't enough.
You give out your phone number to those you deem attractive and later on not feel comfortable with their phone calls. It's a gamble, a risk. When you give your phone number you have to be ready to face that risk or be happy to score a guy you feel comfortable with.

Welcome to the world of dating .

Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:

well it depends. if all you want is sex, then only focusing on a "very select physical type" makes sense. in my experience that is exactly how drunk chicks pick out a guy to take home, right before the bar is closing.

if you are looking for lasting relationship, then no, your approach makes no sense to me.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
well it depends. if all you want is sex, then only focusing on a "very select physical type" makes sense. if you want a lasting relationship, it makes no sense at all.
Well, how can you meet someone for 40 minutes and determine they are 'lasting relationship' material? You have to go by some measure of physical attraction. Also, if I'm not physically attracted, it's a forgone thing from the get go.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Well, how can you meet someone for 40 minutes and determine they are 'lasting relationship' material?
i would talk to them. learn what bullsh*t smells like, and ask questions that tactfully unearth what you want to know.

Quote:
You have to go by some measure of physical attraction. Also, if I'm not physically attracted, it's a forgone thing from the get go.
sure. but your statement, "I'm just beginning to find that litmus test isn't enough," implied that physical attributes were your only concern.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i would talk to them. learn what bullsh*t smells like, and ask questions that tactfully unearth what you want to know.
That's what first dates are for. You don't have the time to do that with everyone you first encounter, it isn't feasible in any sense of the word many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships