Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,163,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
I usually agree with you,. But there are more and more men who are saying no to marriage as it exists in western nations. I think females are running scared and are realizing that finding a good man to marry is less and less likely.

theghostnation.com

www.nomarriage.com

About The Spearhead
Indeed. It's called "going ghost" where more and more men are just opting out of marriage and having kids. They've looked at what happened to their fathers, brothers, friends, and coworkers and learned from their mistakes and how the family courts treated them. It should be no surprise men are "going their own way" in ever increasing numbers. If you have any question as to why this is the case then give this an honest read:

Don’t Marry

Who wants to get saddled with the high risk of debt bondage when they could play video games, spend money on themselves, and have free time to pursue the things they want in life without the risks or time-sink of a modern relationship. The advent of Hookup Culture and Game gives them access to free sex, so serious relationships are no longer necessary on that front as well.

And on top of all this, women are indeed finding less "good men" to marry as they're being more and more successful, which is butting up against their own Hypergamy. These explain the topic if far better detail then I ever could:

The End Of Beta Providers « Citizen Renegade

Study Confirming My View Of The Job-Sexual Marketplace Nexus « Citizen Renegade

What would men do if they didn't have to impress women?: - Barking up the wrong tree

Last edited by Nutz76; 06-18-2010 at 03:07 PM..

Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,865 times
Hmmm...I doubt the group on here that is constantly complaining about women has to worry about hookups or sex at all. Bad attitudes usually turn women off.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:15 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,478,369 times
Why? Most people still succumb to the reproductive urge, and marriage is still - arguably, perhaps - the best environment in which to have and raise children. It may not work out better than half of the time, but when it does, it can be a great thing. Even if you don't want children, there are some attractions to marriage for many people. However, marriage isn't a requirement for having children, and it isn't suitable for some people. It may not be something you want or even understand, but it still appeals to many others!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,276,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
With divorce rates of 50%, you're just as likely to get divorced as you are to stay married. That, among other reasons (such as I like my freedom), is why I am never getting married. And since you probably won't stay with the same person, why have kids with them? Kids being expensive/a burden is enough of a reason for me to never have kids but the fact that I probably wouldn't even stay with the kids' mother furthers my decision not to have kids. Plus the world is overpopulated anyway.

I am a male and the husband always gets the short end of the stick if they get divorced. I don't want to end up paying child support to someone I hate.

Child support would be for your children. You'd hate your children?

P.S. Please get a vasectomy. Now.

Filed under: Angry Spiteful Lonely Little Boys

Old 06-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Translation: bulldirkey...and what is this junk about the 'female agenda'? I'm sorry but the ladies have just as much right to their opinion as we men do...just because they don't go along with your line of thought, doesn't mean they're gonna slip ninja-style into your boudoir in the dead of night, cut off your stones, and carry them in a vacuum-sealed pouch in their purses...
Although in certain cases on this board, the thought does appeal...

Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Hmmm...I doubt the group on here that is constantly complaining about women has to worry about hookups or sex at all. Bad attitudes usually turn women off.

And yet, they start thread after thread after thread complaining about how they aren't "getting any." They're such a joke.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,552,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
With divorce rates of 50%, you're just as likely to get divorced as you are to stay married. That, among other reasons (such as I like my freedom), is why I am never getting married. And since you probably won't stay with the same person, why have kids with them? Kids being expensive/a burden is enough of a reason for me to never have kids but the fact that I probably wouldn't even stay with the kids' mother furthers my decision not to have kids. Plus the world is overpopulated anyway.

I am a male and the husband always gets the short end of the stick if they get divorced. I don't want to end up paying child support to someone I hate.
Some people are optimistic and some people are pessimistic. Some people see benefits and some people see nothing but problems. Some people like to have friends and family around and some people just want to be left alone. Now for the cliché, some people believe it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all and some people don't.

Those are some of the reasons why people bother and why some people don't.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:38 PM

483 posts, read 556,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Some people are optimistic and some people are pessimistic. Some people see benefits and some people see nothing but problems. Some people like to have friends and family around and some people just want to be left alone. Now for the cliché, some people believe it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all and some people don't.

Those are some of the reasons why people bother and why some people don't.
So, basically we need permission from the govenment and have to sign a contract to experience love? Congress really IS out of control... And we're pessimists and mysogynists if we don't want to get married... ? Sweet...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,552,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
So, basically we need permission from the govenment and have to sign a contract to experience love? Congress really IS out of control... And we're pessimists and mysogynists if we don't want to get married... ? Sweet...
Far from it. They were some of the answers to the question asked and would likely answer many other questions. The key word here was "some," and if you re-read it, "only" was not in it.

Your logic is all screwed up. Non-marriage and a pessimist or misogynist are not mutually inclusive.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Child support would be for your children. You'd hate your children?

P.S. Please get a vasectomy. Now.

Filed under: Angry Spiteful Lonely Little Boys
The child support would go to my hypothetical ex-wife. And isn't child support half your salary? That's a lot of money to lose. Is it so bad that I would rather just play it safe and not take the risk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships