Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times

Advertisements

OP: sounds to me that she regrets being pregnant and has second thoughts about the future with you. She is now angry that she is in this situation and takes it out on you with her resentment. I could be way off here, but this is what I'm reading from the original post.
It definitely doesn't help that you are letting her disrespect you. Perhaps if you really put your foot down, she would reconsider doubting you.

Of course, for the sake of you and your future child I hope that I'm wrong and it's all just hormones and mood swings due to pregnancy.

Lastly, I think I understand where your frustration is coming from on this thread. You keep insisting that you are committed to this woman but posters disagree and say that unless you are married than you are not fully committed. I personally don't think so. I think it's not always necessary to get married to be fully committed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yep. He's already eyeing the exits. All he wants from us is a rationalization. I feel sorry for the poor kid who's going to be saddled with a dad who thinks like that.

Maybe I misread but if I was treated like s**t by my SO, thoughts of leaving would cross my mind too.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Actually, we're the ones who get it. You're the one with the comprehension issues.
Glad you felt included with the people with bad reading comprehension.

The subject of the thread is about women who take men for granted when pregnant (they exist, you know) and the questions are for people who lived through the same thing.

I merely provided a personal example. I guess I didn't know there were that many trolls who would jump on the opportunity to pass their little internet judgements.

What do you even know about me? What do you know except for those few very short paragraphs that only serve as an example and do not encompass 1/100th of my personality, level of commitment, values, blahblah...

Yet some of you act like you've got me pegged which is quite laughable. I could go on and defend myself against your e-prosecution, but that's not exactly the subject here, now is it?

Tell me how I'm a bad bad man.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
OP: sounds to me that she regrets being pregnant and has second thoughts about the future with you. She is now angry that she is in this situation and takes it out on you with her resentment. I could be way off here, but this is what I'm reading from the original post.
It definitely doesn't help that you are letting her disrespect you. Perhaps if you really put your foot down, she would reconsider doubting you.

Of course, for the sake of you and your future child I hope that I'm wrong and it's all just hormones and mood swings due to pregnancy.

Lastly, I think I understand where your frustration is coming from on this thread. You keep insisting that you are committed to this woman but posters disagree and say that unless you are married than you are not fully committed. I personally don't think so. I think it's not always necessary to get married to be fully committed.
A sensible and intelligent reply. Thank you.

Commitment isn't just saying "I do". I've raised her child as if he was mine. I turned him around at school. I've traveled long distance for a couple of years so it would keep working out. I've helped her start her own businness. I've moved city and turned down a great career opportunity so we could be together. And today I'm fully involved in our upcoming child.

Funny how those people think I'm just an immature kid who's ready to bail out at the first little problem.

There are somethings I don't accept. do not tolerate being talked down. If I were married, my attitude would be the same. Now if communication doesn't work, your options are leaving or putting up. The latter is for losers who want to show their kids that it's ok to be miserable and meek.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post

Commitment isn't just saying "I do". I've raised her child as if he was mine. I turned him around at school. I've traveled long distance for a couple of years so it would keep working out. I've helped her start her own businness. I've moved city and turned down a great career opportunity so we could be together. And today I'm fully involved in our upcoming child.

Funny how those people think I'm just an immature kid who's ready to bail out at the first little problem.

There are somethings I don't accept. do not tolerate being talked down. If I were married, my attitude would be the same. Now if communication doesn't work, your options are leaving or putting up. The latter is for losers who want to show their kids that it's ok to be miserable and meek.
I don't think you should give up just yet. It's possible that she is going through a lot of emotions right now and who can she use as a scapegoat? A person who is the closest to her and a reason for her being hormonal.

Does she know how you feel? Does she realize that you are depressed, sad and even thinking of leaving?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Yep. He's already eyeing the exits. All he wants from us is a rationalization. I feel sorry for the poor kid who's going to be saddled with a dad who thinks like that.
haha, just noticed this. You are quite entertaining.

All I want is to discuss with people who've been through this or know people who have. Perhaps to find...A SOLUTION! Or maybe, just TALK?

Where did I say that I want people to tell me I should dump her and the kid?

I hinted that I would not put up with this forever. I didn't say I came here for a justification for a decision I didn't even take.

See what I'm talking when I say bad reading comprehension? You shouldn't mistake what you want me to be and what I'm actually saying.

Keep arguing with that persona you created for me.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:

You have done things that to the male mind mean "I care." And they do. But she's not a man.

Just because a woman agrees with you that "marriage is an unnecessary social construct" (or whatever people are saying these days) doesn't mean she actually means it emotionally. Women are not men, despite of what we say.

This can all cause a great amount of resentment against you.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't think you should give up just yet. It's possible that she is going through a lot of emotions right now and who can she use as a scapegoat? A person who is the closest to her and a reason for her being hormonal.

Does she know how you feel? Does she realize that you are depressed, sad and even thinking of leaving?
She knows. But I think she just can't help it. I don't know at which point her she became bossy and bit**y, but it just seems like a second nature now.

She said she would make an effort (why would you need to make an effort to respect someone? shouldn't it come naturally?)

I'm gonna wait and see. But so far I'm not very impressed, to say the least.

People say I'm immature but actually, I find it's her who lacks foresight and perspective. I'm disapointed that she doesn't see past the baby. At one time this baby will grow and will gradually take care of himself. And he will pick up the vibe between us. Her current child is already noticing it. And once kids will be gone, what will our relationship be like? We live long enough nowadays that kids are only half or a third or even less of your adult life. How does she perceive our old days?

And to ask my initial question again, what are these women thinking? Or these men who turn into slobs once they get someone pregnant?

It's kinda sad that these people let themselves go because they think you are 'stuck with them'.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Keep arguing with that persona you created for me.
The "persona" is all your creation, buddy. These are your words below....all you.

"I've been with a girl for a five years".

"She looks down on me, even though I make twice the money I made before, that I got us a bigger and nicer place, showered her with gifts"

"I see many women doing this in our surroundings and unfortunately, I can't console myself thinking it's only temporary, that it's only hormones. Most of them keep that attitude long after their child birth. Their husband/boyfriend look like beaten dogs."

"frankly, even though we're expecting a child together, I have little interest in staying in that relationship."

"it's proving more and more to become an insurmontable mountain"

Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You have done things that to the male mind mean "I care." And they do. But she's not a man.

Just because a woman agrees with you that "marriage is an unnecessary social construct" (or whatever people are saying these days) doesn't mean she actually means it emotionally. Women are not men, despite of what we say.

This can all cause a great amount of resentment against you.

It's the other way around. I agree with her that marriage is unnecessary. I suggested marriage once and she laughed out loud. She'd like a fake marriage, just for the dress, but the legal aspect of it repulses her.

We're in the 21st century. Not every woman dream about marriage.

You and a few others are basing your comments on the premise that she has resentment because we aren't married. How far-fetched is that? As if it was indirectly my fault...lol

And what if she was just being a b**ch? And to null your redundant points, most women I see acting that way...ARE ACTUALLY MARRIED! They turn into monsters once the kids get into the picture.

You say my attitude is wrong yet it's you and few other (religious people) who have hijacked this thread and made it about marriage when it has NOTHING to do about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships