Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:24 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
I never said all Asian women are one thing, and never said all American women are another. I have not stereotyped an entire group of women, however I did stereotype a select group of middle to upper class stay at home mom culture...try not selectively reading next time and think about the big picture before you jump on for the ride by opening your mouth. Clever of you , though.
I really think you are stereotyping and quite honestly incorrectly too. Not sure where you live, but most Asian women I've met in NY ((I'm talking about those I've met personally) are very career driven and independent and not family-oriented at all. In fact, they REBEL against the stereotypes like yours of being this perfect housewife who is there to clean, cook and take care of the children. You ARE stereotyping and your stereotype is outdated.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
I never said all Asian women are one thing, and never said all American women are another. I have not stereotyped an entire group of women, however I did stereotype a select group of middle to upper class stay at home mom culture...try not selectively reading next time and think about the big picture before you jump on for the ride by opening your mouth. Clever of you , though.
Ooh, someone is getting angry. Are you not able to have a civilized discussion once someone disagrees with you without going into a meltdown? No wonder you don't like American women, most of them would never put up with your psychosis. Doubt you'd fair any better with the foreigners either.

The big picture is you used terms like "Most" to describe Asian and American women. Painted yourself into a corner and now you want to come out swinging because someone dared to disagree with you. News flash: MOST of the members here are not those submissive little Giesha girls you're so fond of--we have opinions that won't always agree with yours and we'll express them freely. Now go home and get your effing shinebox!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Are they just lonely and too fed up with the dating scene?
All of the above but I would think it's more likely the dating scene has kicked them out on their arse.

Quote:
Are they desperate?
Well, you know the saying "Where there's a will there's a way"......if you've gotta pay....you've gotta pay

Quote:
What if their bride's English isn't good, or non existant?
Who cares as long as she understands hand signals/gestures

*pointing at crotch = bj*
*pointing at crotch and gyrating hips = sex*
*spooning motions towards mouth = I'm hungry, feed me*
*sweeping motions w/broom = time to clean*

Quote:
Who would want to be with someone who you couldn't have a proper conversation with?
You'd be amazed at the amount of dumbazz people out there.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I never said Peg Bundy. Are you so Black and White that you think women are only like TV characters? So there is only Peg Bundy to you and June Cleaver? I wouldn't worry about getting married, if I were you.
My fiance knows she will be working , cleaning, cooking and raising a child or children. There will be no middle-upper class SAHM syndrome and there are no misconceptions.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ooh, someone is getting angry. Are you not able to have a civilized discussion once someone disagrees with you without going into a meltdown? No wonder you don't like American women, most of them would never put up with your psychosis. Doubt you'd fair any better with the foreigners either.

The big picture is you used terms like "Most" to describe Asian and American women. Painted yourself into a corner and now you want to come out swinging because someone dared to disagree with you. News flash: MOST of the members here are not those submissive little Giesha girls you're so fond of--we have opinions that won't always agree with yours and we'll express them freely. Now go home and get your effing shinebox!
The fact you percieve my common sense as a "meltdown" shows that you may have poor cognitive ability, along with the bad habit of putting words that don't exist in peoples mouths. Something to consider. Like I said, you cleverly added that I generalized ALL of something when I specifically mentioned it was only a certain demographic of American women. Troll move if you ask me. Still, I'm very happy, by the way. Thank you.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:
My fiance knows she will be working , cleaning, cooking and raising a child or children. There will be no middle-upper class SAHM syndrome and there are no misconceptions.
OK, well, you certainly are sensitive about this. Nothing to discuss then.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
The fact you percieve my common sense as a "meltdown" shows that you may have poor cognitive ability, along with the bad habit of putting words that don't exist in peoples mouths. Something to consider. I'm very happy, by the way. Thank you.
Brian, grown ups are talking right now, run along and play with your friends. Oh wait, you don't have any friends...never mind.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
So, no time for sex then? Because by the time she is done with working 9-5 and then coming home and cleaning and cooking and taking care of the children, she will have no interest in boning you. I guarantee you.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I really think you are stereotyping and quite honestly incorrectly too. Not sure where you live, but most Asian women I've met in NY ((I'm talking about those I've met personally) are very career driven and independent and not family-oriented at all. In fact, they REBEL against the stereotypes like yours of being this perfect housewife who is there to clean, cook and take care of the children. You ARE stereotyping and your stereotype is outdated.
You may be right, however my cousins wife is very independent yet still cooks cleans takes care of the family just as he does. AND she works for a living and makes a very good living. You CAN have it all.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
OK, well, you certainly are sensitive about this. Nothing to discuss then.
If I'm wrong, so be it. Deal with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships