Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you love getting flowers at your workplace?
Silly question - of course! All women dream about this... 41 52.56%
Not all women may like it, could be embarassing so use caution 37 47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 AM

259 posts, read 840,682 times

Advertisements

I would LOVE getting roses at home but not at work. (I hate attention)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Of course! My husband sent flowers to my office often. He also had ice cream sundaes and sometimes cookies delivered to all my co-workers so they wouldn't feel left out.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
My fiancee loves it when I give her stuff at work...I've sent her flowers and fruits from edible arrangements. I think its always nice to surprise your significant other with something at work

But like someone else said, I only did this after dating her for some time:P

Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
would not like it....very embarrassing and then all your women co-workers are going to get jealous and start talkign about you behind your back.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I think it's nice to occasionally receive flowers at work - it's a nice gesture from your SO to let them know they are thinking of you but it wouldn't be something I'd "expect" LOL

Old 08-04-2010, 07:22 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I wouldn't, but it's because I don't like flower arrangements. I get sad as the flowers start to wilt. I'd be more into getting chocolates... but I'd much rather get them in person from my boyfriend. Why waste the money on the delivery costs?

One of my co-workers got roses for Valentines Day, but it was a hassle for her to carry them on on the T with her afterwards.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:34 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
would not like it....very embarrassing and then all your women co-workers are going to get jealous and start talkign about you behind your back.
This is such a petty thing.

Let me tell you from a guy's perspective. My fiancee works long hours in NYC. Once, she had a pretty rough week where things were just going wrong all over the place at work. So I decided to send her a nice bouquet of 2 dozen long stemmed roses to her desk with a teddy bear from 1800flowers.com just to tell her I loved her and gave her some words of encouragement. After she received them she told me how happy and thoughtful it was and that it allowed her to step back from her work for a bit to think about everything else in her life (thats how bad a week she was having I guess)

In any case when I sent her 2 dozen roses I COULD CARE LESS what her other women co-workers thought and it didn't even cross my mind. My aim was to make my girl happy and attempt to rescue her from a terrible week. Its not meant as a showy thing to make other girls in the office jealous...I mean really what do I accomplish out of that? Nothing.

So if any women do get jealous and start talking about another woman behind their backs just because they received flowers, think about my simple situation. But do start talking behind their backs though when the woman receiving the flowers starts flaunting it to everyone lol

Old 08-04-2010, 07:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
I would LOVE getting roses at home but not at work. (I hate attention)
This is really interesting. Several people here have said the same.

For Valentine's Day, I sent my wife one of those singing groups...she was at work - it was a work day! So that's where they went. She liked it a lot.

A friend of ours said she would have hated that. That she really didn't like public spectacles like that. I was fascinated and wondered what she meant.

So it's the attention y'all don't like? What about it exactly? This is good info to have because not everyone realizes that some people wouldn't appreciate that. Can you delve further into why it would bother you?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
My aim was to make my girl happy and attempt to rescue her from a terrible week. Its not meant as a showy thing to make other girls in the office jealous...I mean really what do I accomplish out of that? Nothing.
I don't see it as a problem on any regular day. Only on V day it can be a little sad if everybody gets flowers and you don't (if you are in a relationship, of course), even if you don't believe in the holiday and care for it much or at all. There is just some pity in the air that's quite unpleasant. Yeah, I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, I know the flowers are overpriced, I know the guys may have better plans out or at home and all that, but I wouldn't recommend not sending flowers on V day when it falls on a work day. The men are likely to pay big for these insignificant savings!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would like it once the relationship is somewhat established and promising some future, but not at the very beginning. I don't like sharing any ongoing and uncertain things, no matter what they are. They're only announced when they've become a fact. Flowers at work tend to make busy bodies stick their noses into your business if you're single-single.
It's also a way some guys and gals "mark their territory" at her/his place of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships