Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times

Advertisements

The title speaks for itself here people. I kind of would like guys to respond mostly to this because I got a lot of answers that made no sense with this question and some answers that did make sense.

Another question I would also ask relating to this is....What does it mean when a woman gives you their phone number after touching your arm and asking for a hug ect...the first time you meet them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
The title speaks for itself here people. I kind of would like guys to respond mostly to this because I got a lot of answers that made no sense with this question and some answers that did make sense
For me, it means that she is the small minority of minorities who does that, therefore, I would feel lucky (if I was in a western country) and would see it as something nice . So if she goes ahead and gives me her phone number I would call her later on and just chat a little and see where it leads.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
I'm going to answer this as if I hadn't read the other thread (and, I actually only read fragments of that one), so will not allow that to sway my response.

A woman giving you her phone number wants you to call her. Especially after the touchy-touchy stuff.

Not sure where this all took place, but you have to factor in her level of sobriety, if it was in a bar, though. That could make a huge difference.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the responses...I hope to see some more feedback here. I asked this in a non personal way leaving my experience out of it to see what the average person would do.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Why do you think a woman would give a man her phone number? What else, besides calling her, do you think she expects him to do with it?

It's very strange that you are confused by a pretty simple gesture.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Seems like back about 20 years ago there was someone teaching people how to meet people and get dates. Their technique was to get a whole bunch of business type cards with their personal info.. email, phone number.

They taught when you were at an event, club or wherever give out as many cards as possible, talk & touch (communicate) and let others know you are single and available. If you passed out 50 cards, connected with 5 people and 2 or 3 called, you accomplished your goal in meeting others and getting dates.

This sounds kind of what is being done to you. If she makes the effort to give you her number and touches, that's a direct sign of attraction. After that it should be up to you to follow through.

Have you ever tried the approach ?

(I did not read much of your other thread so this may have been kicked to death)

Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
What does it mean when a woman gives you their phone number after touching your arm and asking for a hug ect...the first time you meet them?
It means you should run away as fast as possible! She may even like you more later, God forbid!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:25 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
The title speaks for itself here people. I kind of would like guys to respond mostly to this because I got a lot of answers that made no sense with this question and some answers that did make sense.

Another question I would also ask relating to this is....What does it mean when a woman gives you their phone number after touching your arm and asking for a hug ect...the first time you meet them?
Yeah, man, go hide your razors asap. She's gonna steal them for her armpits

Old 08-12-2010, 05:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
I think the question is being made because it is not common for a woman to approach a man, start a conversation, give her phone number, etc. and when it happens its just an exception. But still, if it happens, its just an obvious sign of interest. Go for it tiger .

Old 08-12-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Why do you think a woman would give a man her phone number? What else, besides calling her, do you think she expects him to do with it?

It's very strange that you are confused by a pretty simple gesture.
It's confusing because in another thread I told my story of how on 4 different occasions that women seemed interested in me and gave me their info without me asking or hinting that I wanted anything but conversation and how I actually called these women the next day or two depending on which story it was and in each case the girls either acted rude because I tried to0 contact them or they never answered my calls ect....So I cam here to see if I was nuts for contacting a woman who gave their info or if everyone that was responding on the other thread was right that I had no business contacting anyone and that it was my fault because I didn't assert myself hard enough to get a response from these women I had experiences with. I just think it's bad luck and a weird phase of women to cross my path
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships