Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times

Advertisements

Hiya,

let me start off by saying that you guys generally give some pretty damned good advice.. and I wouldn't ask if I wasn't in need of some small amount of guidance.

I'll just give the short version..

I really like this girl, manage to **** her off really, REALLY bad on a trip with her family (but I have a feeling other things were going on that I had no idea about, and that it wasn't totally my fault) and she basically ends the friendship there. 6 months later, we get to talking again and I remember how much I liked her (and still do.) We text here and there, and now I'm in the area where she lives and already took her to one of her favorite places to eat and then a movie (which was a remake of a movie we watched in French class in high school. Dinner for *******s= Diner du Cons). Afterwards, I was going to just walk her to the door but ended up hanging out with her brothers and sister and her for about 45 minutes- we were joking around like nothin ever happened.

I'm trying to overcome my qualms about women- I discovered that my problem isn't so much that I'm afraid of being rejected but.. being told YES

I'm gonna try and see her again before I go back to New Mexico- she lives in California..

First of all, does it sound like she's over being pissed at me? because I get the feeling that she is.. and second, am I doing this RIGHT? XD I've always been horrible at this game.

just realized that there isn't enough information here to make a really good response.. but I don't want to divulge all of what goes on on the internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Hiya,

let me start off by saying that you guys generally give some pretty damned good advice.. and I wouldn't ask if I wasn't in need of some small amount of guidance.

I'll just give the short version..

I really like this girl, manage to **** her off really, REALLY bad on a trip with her family (but I have a feeling other things were going on that I had no idea about, and that it wasn't totally my fault) and she basically ends the friendship there. 6 months later, we get to talking again and I remember how much I liked her (and still do.) We text here and there, and now I'm in the area where she lives and already took her to one of her favorite places to eat and then a movie (which was a remake of a movie we watched in French class in high school. Dinner for *******s= Diner du Cons). Afterwards, I was going to just walk her to the door but ended up hanging out with her brothers and sister and her for about 45 minutes- we were joking around like nothin ever happened.

I'm trying to overcome my qualms about women- I discovered that my problem isn't so much that I'm afraid of being rejected but.. being told YES

I'm gonna try and see her again before I go back to New Mexico- she lives in California..

First of all, does it sound like she's over being pissed at me? because I get the feeling that she is.. and second, am I doing this RIGHT? XD I've always been horrible at this game.

just realized that there isn't enough information here to make a really good response.. but I don't want to divulge all of what goes on on the internet

You're doing fine! Don't let fear keep you from following your heart. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 AM

Haha, thanks. I'm learning things now that I should have learned in high school XD changing schools in the middle of my junior year messed up a lot more for me than I thought, but if I didn't change schools I wouldn't have met this girl. Nice to know that maybe, possibly, I am doing this right for once..

Anyone else got advice?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:35 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
You didn't say who initiated the contact after the break up....I believe history has a way of repeating itself...sorry...Its probably not what you wanted to hear.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 AM

wasn't a break-up, it was just friendship. I actually initiated it but she gave me her phone number again to text or whatever.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Depending on how much you like her and want to encourage your relationship I would tell her how much you're really glad she's back in your life. Be sincere but careful to not overdo what you promise or feel, women have a tendency to want to believe you when you say how much you like them. They then can get PO'd if you're laying on too thick.

You want to leave her wanting to see more of you so be positive and upbeat and know when to leave (don't overstay your visit).

Tease her a little, flirt with her a lot and make her smile. She'll want you to come back very soon.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 AM

Actually, that's what I think I did
(totally by accident, lol) the other night when I took her out-
I was just going to walk her to the door but ended up hanging out
with her and her brothers and sister for a little while. I got the feeling
it was time go so I said "I should probably get going, I wouldn't
want to intrude (as it was a bit late anyway, and she has to drive to
beauty school in another town.)

I said "thank you" for it and asked about maybe hanging out again
before I leave the area and she responded with "yeah, that would be fun."

like I said, I am horrible at this- I blame my dad, apparently having no game runs
in the family, or at least skips generations... lol.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:29 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
A
like I said, I am horrible at this- I blame my dad, apparently having no game runs
in the family,
or at least skips generations... lol.
The best "game" is honesty. Tell the gal that you've missed her friendship, and you'd like to spend more time with her. Why make it so hard?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
It sounds like she is "over it" to me. I don't think she would have given you her number or gone out with you if she was still mad at you.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
in the family, or at least skips generations... lol.
Women are mysterious creatures especially to young men. I grew up in a family of no sisters and almost all male cousins. If you're like me, my exposure on how to act around and treat women was very limited.

You are a guy, so we guys will on occasion say and do stupid things. It's a fact. But as you get older you'll learn more about women and how to treat them and in a few years you'll be back on CD giving young guys great advice.

Be a nice guy and sincere. No matter what you read, many women still like those qualities. Especially the good ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships