Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:42 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times

Advertisements

Old cassette tapes. Old vinyl (and he has no turntable). Old computer parts. Old clothing. Old paperwork of his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
His mother gave him this digital clock that projects the time onto the ceiling. I HATE THAT THING. I can see why he finds it useful--long story short, he works nights and is one of those people who has to put his clock across the room otherwise he'll just reach over, shut the alarm off, and go back to sleep. But whenever I'm over there, I make him turn it around. It's a running joke, but still. If that clock met with an untimely death (pun thoroughly intended), I'd be okay with that. Maybe the next time I'm in his bedroom, I'll say, "Oh, how convenient. I can time you."

P.S. I'm waiting for someone to say "his wife" or "her husband."

Last edited by Yzette; 08-19-2010 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Wait! No! That stupid clock!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM

839 posts, read 2,417,123 times
My wife has a god awful collection of knick nacks and crap which have been boxed up for the last seven years. She also has what she calls an "antique" desk and dresser. These are broken, disintegrating crap she simply refuses to part with.

As we are probably going to relocate to Houston, I have made it clear these will NOT be coming with us as it will be ME who has to physically move them. Again.

Personally, I have a rule I adopted in my bachelor days. I don't want to own anything, except large stationary power tools, which I cannot comfortably pick up and carry by myself. Self powered devices such as automobiles, boats, ATV's, and motorcycles are also exempt

Ok, I'm mostly just joking around, but I am serious about limiting what we move to ONE moving truck. Cross country relocation gets expensive fast!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:57 AM

225 posts, read 644,099 times
His cat. I'm allergic, plus he never gives it attention except to yell at it to stop meowing (for attention). Currently, his parents are watching the cat until we get a bigger place. I think the cat would have a better life with some nice little old lady where he can roam freely without being yelled at.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Well, my wife dispensed with the one thing that caused issues in our marriage: Her constant worrying about what her mother thought of everything. Thank God.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Old cassette tapes. Old vinyl (and he has no turntable). Old computer parts. Old clothing. Old paperwork of his own.
We did have a collection of decrepit videotapes that I refused to move to Illinois. We hadn't had a VCR in a couple years and, honestly, do I really need a videotape of Son of the Mask? We have Netflix. I put my foot down and 86'd those things.

My husband moved here three months ahead of us for his new job, and I stayed behind with the kids so they could finish the school year. I was also in charge of packing everything.

We got rid of a lot.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
LOL!!!!

Ok...I wish she'd acquire more fitted clothing. She has a slamming body and I rarely get to appreciate it.
Are you referring to appreciating it visually while she's wearing a hot, sexy outfit or ?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Baskets.

I hate baskets. They are nothing but clutter. They take up an inordinanate amount of space, look awful and serve no purpose very well. Shed th edanged baskets before I become a basket case.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Are you referring to appreciating it visually while she's wearing a hot, sexy outfit or ?
Uh, yeah. When she's wearing clothes. I think wearing the right clothes can be sexier than being naked sometimes, you know what I mean?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Uh, yeah. When she's wearing clothes. I think wearing the right clothes can be sexier than being naked sometimes, you know what I mean?
Out of all the men in this world, I absolutely know what you mean. My favorite thing to do is help her play dress up and then throw it all on the floor. We joke that when we shop she'll take something off the rack, hold it up to see if it fits and then throw it on the floor. If it looks good on the floor, we buy it.

Your wife may not be the frilly girl type, but do you ever take her shopping and help her select things you like ? That can be a fun afternoon with many rewards.

So that we are on topic.... all that sewing stuff she has had for the last 25 years and yet won't sew a button on for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships