Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Haha, I'm definitely not a nice girl based on these definitions. I love crude jokes, love taking shots to match the guys, can't boil water, and dress provacatively whenever I feel like it. I love my nice guy though and he has no complaints...
Nice girls can be nice to their men in many ways. There's nice outside the home and "Nice" inside the home. You get my drift.

Nice does not always describe puppies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post

Also, the ultimate question: do "nice girls" and "nice guys" want each other romantically, or not? And why?
Quote:
Haha, I'm definitely not a nice girl based on these definitions. I love crude jokes, love taking shots to match the guys, can't boil water, and dress provacatively whenever I feel like it. I love my nice guy though and he has no complaints...
Well there is one self described "not a nice girl" that likes a nice guy and vicy-versy. As for "why?", she has not explained yet. May be a important answer for those nice guys out there.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Well there is one self described "not a nice girl" that likes a nice guy and vicy-versy. As for "why?", she has not explained yet. May be a important answer for those nice guys out there.
Well, I guess I do think I'm a nice person, just not based on those definitions. I like nice guys because I want to be treated well and be an equal in my relationship. Life is really hard and I can't imagine wanting to make it harder by filling my life with the drama of being mistreated by someone. I want someone who I resppect and who respects me and who respects others generally. My husband is a nurse and I can't imagine a more caring, geniune human being. He is just a stand up guy and that's what I want. I don't need some bad boy to shake up my life. My mom has cancer. My mother in law also has cancer. My dad needs a kidney transplant. My husband has already had a kidney transplant. Life isn't easy. I am 27 years old and I think life only gets harder as you get older. You want someone who is going to be your rock when life gets hard. Not some bad boy. Bad boys are for stupid, empty headed girls.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:00 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
"Nice girl" and nice guy" do not carry the same connotation.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
How so spinx? Please elaborate...more info please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
"Nice girl" and nice guy" do not carry the same connotation.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
The only time I've ever heard the "nice girl" comment is when an Italian grandmother wants her grandson to get married already.

Oh, and for the hypersensitive freaks in the class, I'll add that I am of Italian descent, as is my boyfriend, and I'm talking about his grandmother. Here, let me patronize you with a , okay? Would you like me to pinch your cheek, too? Sucha nice-a keed.

Density: It's everywhere.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:43 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
"nice" guys = weak-minded
"nice" girls = overweight

Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Well, I guess I do think I'm a nice person, just not based on those definitions. I like nice guys because I want to be treated well and be an equal in my relationship. Life is really hard and I can't imagine wanting to make it harder by filling my life with the drama of being mistreated by someone. I want someone who I resppect and who respects me and who respects others generally. My husband is a nurse and I can't imagine a more caring, geniune human being. He is just a stand up guy and that's what I want. I don't need some bad boy to shake up my life. My mom has cancer. My mother in law also has cancer. My dad needs a kidney transplant. My husband has already had a kidney transplant. Life isn't easy. I am 27 years old and I think life only gets harder as you get older. You want someone who is going to be your rock when life gets hard. Not some bad boy. Bad boys are for stupid, empty headed girls.
You sound like a positive and wholesome person. Dragging others down is always good.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
You sound like a positive and wholesome person. Dragging others down is always good.
What are you talking about? I was just talking about my relationship and how my husband and I have been through so much together and how much I love him. He is a really amazing nice person and we've been through so much together. I feel so lucky to have a nice guy. What am I missing?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Nice girls take in "strays".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships