Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 PM

326 posts, read 838,363 times

Advertisements

Men or women?

You or your significant other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Men or women?

Its impossible to say because of all the differences in people. Its like saying "Who eats more broccoli, men or women?" or "Who has better vision, men or women?". Sure if you look hard, far and wide enough you may find some study somewhere that has inconclusive results, but it really just depends on the individual, not their gender.

I am a male and I have a HIGH sex drive. I mean, I can have sex every day of the week and 2-3 times each day. Ive met and dated women who wanted more than that, and Ive also met women just couldnt handle that much. Its individual. So its impossible to say.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 AM

30 posts, read 46,502 times
I can only speak for me and my SO (I'm female, he's male), and here's what I've established:

When we're together, I have the higher sex-drive. I've never turned him down, no matter how sick or tired I feel and not out of obligation but out of desire. He hasn't outright turned me down, but hinted and generally avoided those situations if he's not in the mood.

When we're apart, he has the higher sex-drive. When he's away, I barely think about sex. Honestly. It just fades out of my mind and sometimes I think "well that would be nice" but I could take it or leave it. The poor boy, on the other hand, suffers during these absence-caused dry spells.

I couldn't explain it to you, and I doubt anyone could. It's such an individual thing. If my situation were a trend I'd chalk it up to evolution, but I doubt it is very common.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:29 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
The answer to this lies next to the answer to the Which Came In First, The Chicken or The Egg question.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
The answer to this lies next to the answer to the Which Came In First, The Chicken or The Egg question.
Scientists answered that one earlier this year. I'm not sure I agree with them, though.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:48 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,410,221 times
Chickens were mammals until 1822. Some hen got sick of being pregnant and laid an egg instead...

Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 AM

838 posts, read 1,877,560 times
I have a much higher sex drive than my wife does, but in our case it's because of all her health problems

Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM

408 posts, read 809,767 times
I definitely have the higher drive.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Men or women?

It varies with age. Sometimes it's women, sometimes it's men.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
ummm Men do . We think about sex 80% of the day, the rest iis about food and some about sports. I'm yet to meet a man that doesn't want sex everyday and frequently several times a day. While there are some women that love it as much from what I've seen women can take it or leave it. That's why when a woman tells a man "we will take care of that tonight" and the man thinks about it all day and the woman forgets....

Every promise of sex is remembered by a guy where women will easily let it ride.

Now in the actual performance women can orgasm repeatedly without a stop where as most men need at least 10 minutes between ( not always). Get a long lasting guy and the woman can out O him 10 to 1. and keep going.. I guess if a guy reacted this way we would never get anything done.

Makes for interesting dynamics when you have the less conventional relationships... man/man .. 2 desires 24/7, woman/woman . the ability to stay in sex for hours will periods of calm... hence short relationships, and long ones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships