Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times

Advertisements

I am just curious if anyone else is here . I have been married for 10 years to the sweetest guy and we have an open one. I love him and he loves me and we do have rules for it of course. But i'm not a one person kind of gal and neither is he. So anyone else have the same thing....and what rules do you follow if any?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,803,299 times
I have to wonder if he was the one to suggest this at first, and now to "balance the power", you are doing the same. I would also wonder if you have that real lust for your husband. Does he "bring it" in bed or is there something lacking? Why this arrangement?

Are you allowed to have as many other partners as you like? How about a limit of like 1 per year? (just to spice things up) I also wonder how you as a woman can avoid developing some kind of feelings for these other men you are seeing. (whereas men as supposed to be the ones who can just do the deed without much emotion)

I guess you would set some boundaries about where (not in your "marital bed" or not in your house), and the use of protection to avoid bringing something home (or getting pregnant by someone other than your husband).

Do you discuss these exploits with each other, or is it just "don't ask, don't tell"? I don't see how you could sleep with each other without wondering when he last hooked up with someone else and what they looked like, etc.

If you are in a small town, things could also get interesting. I remember seeing a tv show on this and the couple had other partners right in their own home. One spouse was in the bedroom with his/her "fling" and the other spouse was in the family room watching TV. Talk about awkward!!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:47 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I have to wonder if he was the one to suggest this at first, and now to "balance the power", you are doing the same. I would also wonder if you have that real lust for your husband. Does he "bring it" in bed or is there something lacking? Why this arrangement?

Are you allowed to have as many other partners as you like? How about a limit of like 1 per year? (just to spice things up) I also wonder how you as a woman can avoid developing some kind of feelings for these other men you are seeing. (whereas men as supposed to be the ones who can just do the deed without much emotion)

I guess you would set some boundaries about where (not in your "marital bed" or not in your house), and the use of protection to avoid bringing something home (or getting pregnant by someone other than your husband).

Do you discuss these exploits with each other, or is it just "don't ask, don't tell"? I don't see how you could sleep with each other without wondering when he last hooked up with someone else and what they looked like, etc.

If you are in a small town, things could also get interesting. I remember seeing a tv show on this and the couple had other partners right in their own home. One spouse was in the bedroom with his/her "fling" and the other spouse was in the family room watching TV. Talk about awkward!!!!

No actually i was the first one to suggest the idea :-P. And of course he "brings it in bed" but 2 things are an issue....one is i like girls too so he could never fulfill that. And the other is sometimes i like a little variety and want something different. We have no set rules on partners but generally spend most of our time together and only allow one night a week to go out and play. So we really don't have much time to go aquire large amounts. There has to be protection and you don't bring it to the house at all. Actually yeah we discuss the sex sometimes . I mean i am emotional, but i have always been lucky and had a disconnect and am not jealous at all. To me sex is just sex...i have his heart and don't care he gets pleasure sometimes for other places.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I am just curious if anyone else is here . I have been married for 10 years to the sweetest guy and we have an open one. I love him and he loves me and we do have rules for it of course. But i'm not a one person kind of gal and neither is he. So anyone else have the same thing....and what rules do you follow if any?

is this anything like the U.S. Open?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
To me monogany is rule 1.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
To me monogany is rule 1.
wull you better
couldn't take you cheatin on me one more time....

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull you better
couldn't take you cheatin on me one more time....
Me wil neber cheet on yoo my sexsy budderfly.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cat View Post
me wil neber cheet on yoo my sexsy budderfly. :d
lol :d

Old 09-13-2010, 11:45 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
Personally, I am sure that an open relationship wouldn't work for us. I think I'd become jealous, as it's almost always easier for a woman to find other partners than for a man to do so, creating an imbalance of opportunity. If variety is needed and mutually agreeable, I think swinging would work, getting together with another couple - no one need be left out, and you are sharing the experience, which I think helps sustain the relationship better versus an open relationship. We were once in a long-term poly-N relationship, and that worked - again, because of the balance.

If an open relationship works for the couple, then that's great. I can see that it may work if a couple has a significant mismatch in libido and agree that this is how they prefer to deal with it. I don't subscribe to the idea that relationships have to fit into a particular mold, or that one size fits all. Clearly, that isn't true. And technically, I have an open relationship as my SO has said she's fine with me being occasionally involved with someone else. However, I have no interest in doing so, and she has no interest in doing so for herself. Perhaps if we are ever unable to satisfy each other due to illness, say, we'd revisit the concept. For now, though, we manage to create our own variety, together.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:49 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,329,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I'm not in an open relationship but I've offered to "pimp" my husband out to the ladies who hit on him in exhange for money....we've got bills and "honey-do-lists"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships