Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times

Advertisements

Let me apologize up front for this indefensible trash but I'm completely serious and I've done this myself. I'm always dreaming that I can fly in my dreams, it happens almost every night and I've been having variations on this same dream all of my life. At some point a few years ago I was having one of my flying dreams and it dawned on my subconscious mind that I can't actually fly in real life so this must be a dream. And because it's a dream I should be able to do whatever I want without any fear of a SWAT team showing up at my door so of course my mind immediately thought of sex.
I know this sounds very weird but I've gotten to the point where I'm steering my dreams towards a sexual encounter once I realize it's just a dream. I've had some very peculiar but rather exciting dreams. Most of the time it doesn't work and my mind will wander off to something stupid and incoherent but sometimes it does. Has anyone else ever engaged in such pitiful behavior while they're dreaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 12:49 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
Yes. It's called lucid dreaming. There are even books about it, how to train yourself to do it, etc. Umm, not just the sex part, though!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:53 PM

93 posts, read 169,043 times
Whats freaky is when your brains gets the better of you and you turn a lucid dream into a nightmare. Had those as a child and they were not fun. Almost every lucid dream would turn bad.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:05 PM

968 posts, read 2,625,380 times
all my lucid dreams are about breakfast. it really sucks when i'm trying to doing something awesome, and it turns to cheerios.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:09 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
My dreams tend to be very vivid and intense and unfortunately I do have some very bad nightmares. In fact I had a horrible one just last night. When I'm having one of my typical flying dreams it's strange but they often take place inside of a building such as a shopping mall or an office complex and it's very common for me to be flying around the room and going through a maze of rooms that never seem to end. But once I realize that it's a dream and my inner sleaze pig gets involved I have found myself on the prowl for hot babes. Then if I get lucky I'll just fly up to some woman sitting at a desk or whatever and proceed to dream out my fantasy.
You know I shouldn't even be admitting any of this, I hope that others do the same thing.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:11 PM

That's got to be disapointing. I'm imagining being Indianna Jones being chased down a Mayan tunnel by a giant Cheerio.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,225 times
I have those dreams too, lol.....

The last time I wet the bed, I stupidly went weewee in my dream, and oops, wet the bed.....

I ate like half a watermelon before I went to bed though, so that proby added to it.....

Luckily I was on the bottom bunk that night, lol...

Oh, and the point being....... when you are finished in the dream, don't you get the same problem in real life???? Ewwwww I know, just curious..

Old 09-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Just going to have to pinch yourself before taking a leak next time

Old 09-18-2010, 01:38 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark303 View Post
Just going to have to pinch yourself before taking a leak next time

lol... you would think the fish floating by me in the bathroom would have given me a clue..... baha!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Lucid dreams rock my socks. I rarely have flying ones anymore; instead I can jump really high and far. I often dream about being in dance again, and I sometimes realize I am dreaming because hey, wait, I am not usually able to do the splits so something is hinky. Or I'm doing quintuple pirouettes or something.

I kept a dream journal for a psychology class, and we all practiced being able to dream lucidly. Look down at your open palms, really see them, and say to yourself, "These are my hands." We did this dozens of times a day and always before bed. Pretty much anytime you remember, look down, look at the lines of your hands, and say, "These are my hands." A bunch of us in class started doing that in our dreams, and when you look at your hands in a dream, they're different. I looked down and realized the lines were different and knew that I was dreaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships